FanDuel & DraftKings

DCarp1231

Like many a business, their greed will cause their downfall.

I do wonder how much national fervor over DFS would've been made if their TV advertising blitz between Labor Day NCAA games and NFL Week 1 was as much as they advertised in the weeks leading up to Labor Day. They outspent basically everyone: AT&T, Verizon, Progressive, Chase, and Warner Bros.

Posted this in the NFL anti-thread a month ago. It was all I really needed to know about daily fantasy:

"You Aren't Good Enough to Win Money Playing Daily Fantasy Football"

The top 100 ranked players enter 330 winning lineups per day, and the top 10 players combine to win an average of 873 times daily. The remaining field of approximately 20,000 players tracked by Rotogrinders wins just 13 times per day, on average.

Bloomberg, via Deadspin

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/you-aren-t-good-enough-to-win-money-playing-daily-fantasy-football

What that tells me the most effective strategy to winning is zerg rush.

Yes smarts and knowledge helps, but the biggest factor involved in winning seems to be how much time you have to spend on the site filling out entries because I think the only chance you have to win is to spend hours upon hours filling out entries. If people knew that's how much time you needed to invest in order to do well, hardly anyone would play.

To me its no different than going to a poker table and taking up half the seats. Would you play against someone like that if you only had one seat? No.

I don't know if the sites should be shut down or not, but if that part is not reigned in, then yeah these sites should be illegal, or at least be more forthcoming about the people who actually win. The idea that a first time player with one account in their name is walking into a level playing field is BS.

"We're a totally above-board enterprise. Just use promo code ASTROTURF to play."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Keeping what little money the suckers won to fight it in court.

Seems to me all the attorney general has to do is play the John Oliver tape in court. Not gambling, eh?

Or just play the Joe Namath clip.

We should all just watch the Joe Namath Clip.

The rest of the John Oliver piece was just a variation of "IT'S GAMBLING!" over and over again.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Two giant FanDuel ads painted on the sideline at Barclays Center, an arena in a state where one is not allowed to play FanDuel. Best advertising expenditure since DraftKings bought superimposed glass ads directly over their existing board ad on Blackhawks telecasts.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Doesn't DraftsOps.com, a presumably similar "game of chance" site, sponsor the void in the west end? "West End Void" also happens to be my favorite Pet Shop Boys 12-inch remix.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It does during Isles games, but probably gets rolled up in the back of the Range Rover during Nets games.

Looking forward to "GAZPROM" on the sidelines.

Archived