Euro 2016 uniform match-ups

steven919

2 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Poland vs. Northern Ireland will be the best one so far. I have to say that I love those Northern Ireland jerseys.

Agree. That green color combined with dark blue makes for a great jersey. And when that goes up against red we've got a very nice clash.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed to see Ukraine in all yellow. Their blue jersey is one of my favorites at the whole tournament. 

Croatia-Turkey looked stunning, Turkey's home kit is one of Nike's best at this tournament, while Croatia is just amazing on both the home and secondary. 

Poland-N. Ireland looked great, that N. Ireland jersey was stunning. 

spacer.png

I'm curious what would happen if Spain plays Germany in this tournament. I mean who would wear alternate socks? I guess it would be us wearing our white away socks.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think all dark and all light has been used as an excuse by Nike and adidas to change up classic looks. We had a discussion regarding this during the World Cup. Looking at the USA vs Colombia picture here, that's how Colombia should always look and the USA using dark or navy blue with red or white shorts and blue socks. 

Exactly.  And it was a long discussion too.  There have been no new rules regarding monochrome kits.  The wording regarding kits was identical in 2010 & 2014.  I think UEFA's kit rules are slightly less wordy than FIFA's, but the monochrome look was pushed by the manufacturers.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

51 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

I'm curious what would happen if Spain plays Germany in this tournament. I mean who would wear alternate socks? I guess it would be us wearing our white away socks.

It would look a lot better if Spain wore red socks and Germany wore white. I'm also wondering why Spain isn't wearing a European Champions badge. Germany wore the World Cup badge and Chile's even wearing the Copa America badge. Is there a UEFA rule against that?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Bouj said:

Exactly.  And it was a long discussion too.  There have been no new rules regarding monochrome kits.  The wording regarding kits was identical in 2010 & 2014.  I think UEFA's kit rules are slightly less wordy than FIFA's, but the monochrome look was pushed by the manufacturers.

Well, in that case it is absolutely inexcusable what Nike did to England.

6 minutes ago, steven919 said:

Well, in that case it is absolutely inexcusable what Nike did to England all of their big name teams.

It's sad that the two best looking Nike teams aren't using the new Aeroswift design. That shouldn't be the case. And the laziness of giving everyone except for the USA and Chile the same numbers is annoying as hell. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I really like Belgium's kit. It's juuuuuuuust this side of too busy for my liking and I like the use of their national colors. All three of them are viewable from every angle and they are used perfectly imo. A striking kit that could have easily turned garish given the bright red and yellow. 

Has anyone else noticed that before the game they have giant jerseys on the field like they do with the Euro logo and flags. Not always accurate, because they had Italy in blue but they are wearing white. Still a great idea.

IxkieML.png

Are there any good online places in the US that carry all of this stuff?  I'm looking for the blue away Croatia jersey.  Nike's website claimed they were getting them but never did.

Belgiums yellow is too bright in my opinion, too. I also don't really like the big black chest block. Italy's away kit on the other hand is entrepreneur.

Sweden against Ireland looked defenitely better. But a team that wears green makes every matchup better. Poland - Northern Ireland is still my favourite so far.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

Are there any good online places in the US that carry all of this stuff?  I'm looking for the blue away Croatia jersey.  Nike's website claimed they were getting them but never did.

US based, no, but

http://www.footcenter.fr/maillot-croatie-away-16-17-311640b

No authentic player customization though

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

3 hours ago, DiePerske said:

US based, no, but

http://www.footcenter.fr/maillot-croatie-away-16-17-311640b

No authentic player customization though

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/search.aspx?q=croatia Pro Direct Soccer (UK) has both home and away as well. Soccer.com only has the home jerseys. You may have to go to Ebay to find the Nike numbers for this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived