Most uniform sets of one team worn by a player

chrispw12

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the criteria for this should be SETS (home+road=one set)

Variations can include adding/removing shoulder patches (Ducks) crest modifications (Islanders/Kings), or striping changes (Penguins). 

For baseball and football, changing a helmet or a unique set of pants counts if it's part of their regular home/road rotation.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So far, here's what we've got:

NBA: Ben Wallace and Reggie Miller-3

NHL: Mike Modano-7

MLB: Reggie Jackson-7

NFL: Drew Bledsoe-4

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

New leader for the NFL count: Bruce Armstrong with the Patriots.

1. 1987-92 "Pat Patriot" (they also changed facemask colors in 1991 but it isn't a significantly different set)
  2. 1993 "Flying Elvis" with red numbers at home / red numbers with floating outline away
  3. 1994 "Flying Elvis" with white numbers at home / red numbers with standard outline away
  4. 1995-99 "Flying Elvis" with slanted numbers and large shoulder logo
  5. 2000 "Flying Elvis" current set

If changing only the home jersey or only the away jersey counts as a full change, Brad Meester with the Jaguars also qualifies.

1. 2000-03 (evolution of original set, teal away-jersey numbers in proprietary font)
  2. 2004-08 (same home jersey as 2000-03, but away-jersey numbers are black)
  3. 2009-11 (the "too much piping" set; there were plenty of piping variations in this one, but I'm lumping them together)
  4. 2012 (same away jersey as 2009-11, but home jersey is now black with the teal jersey relegated to alternate status)
  5. 2013 (current set)

On 1/25/2017 at 5:59 PM, phutmasterflex said:

Brad Meester and Maurice Jones-Drew were part of the three major uni styles in Jags history

This was proudly displayed after Meester's last ever home game a few years ago (love seeing that classic-style road with the teal numbers).

usatsi_7630939_221200_lowres.jpg

I don't think I saw Kevin Garnett mentioned yet.

4e8c8a_61fbe4b4e21742458dce3ab7f054f133~mv2.jpg

kevin-garnett-timberwolves.jpg

63f950ff6d964147b61b932f94f84c39-63f950ff6d964147b61b932f94f84c39-0.jpg

For the record, I am interpreting this thread as meaning most uniform "sets" of one team worn by a player, not most actual jerseys (like home, away, alternates, one-offs, throwbacks, and minor changes (like outlines)) worn by a player.  The thread title clearly states, "sets."

I think even saying that Ben Wallace wore 3 different sets with the Pistons is a stretch because their last two "sets" were basically the same uniform but one had a horsehead patch and one doesn't.  I don't think adding or removing a patch constitutes creating a new "set."

Similar to Kevin Garnett, both Allen Iverson and Dan Majerle wore one set for their first year or two, then played several years in the uniform you'd remember them with, then returned to the Sixers/Suns to play in a different uniform.

There's also Reggie Miller and Rik Smits (Pacers), Gary Payton (Sonics) and Kevin Willis (Hawks) who wore 3 different sets for one team.

Archived