The 2017 NBA Playoffs: This Is A Recording

buzzcut

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

Kyrie saved the game for the Cavs in the 3rd, and LeBron finished the job with a nice 4th. Celtics didn't even try to get LeBron those last two fouls. Weird game.

Because the NBA and their refs have a sparkling-clear clean resume when it comes to getting the results they want.....

Zach Lowe re Chris Paul to the Spurs: "There's been a lot of rumblings about Chris Paul. I think that's real. I think there's mutual interest there."

It'd sure be something to see Chris Paul play with a real NBA coach.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Even if Celtics lose this series, they've at least proven a legit threat to The Cavs. With that #1 draft pick they could make the finals as soon as next year. I have no doubt they make it before 2020. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

16 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Even if Celtics lose this series, they've at least proven a legit threat to The Cavs. With that #1 draft pick they could make the finals as soon as next year. I have no doubt they make it before 2020. 

giphy2_zpsondv4ux8.gif

Welcome, I guess.

BOS is still a team which is 6-2 versus CLE this season.  Adding the #1 overall isn't going to be an instant game changer for 2018.

Just now, dfwabel said:

giphy2_zpsondv4ux8.gif

Welcome, I guess.

BOS is still a team which is 6-2 versus CLE this season.  Adding the #1 overall isn't going to be an instant game changer for 2018.

Why do people keep thinking this? First people said they'd get swept by The Bulls, then lose to Wizards. 

Down 0-2 without IT, Celtics stood toe to toe with the Cavs (one their home court no less) even handing them their first playoff loss. With someone like Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball, they are in a better position than any team in The East to topple The Cavs. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

Just now, dfwabel said:

Inside The NBA cannot end this season quick enough. Shaq and Chuck cut deep again. Kenny kept eating.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/24/shaq-and-charles-barkleys-feud-got-really-personal-on-inside-the-nba/

That's not fun to watch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

39 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Why do people keep thinking this? First people said they'd get swept by The Bulls, then lose to Wizards. 

Down 0-2 without IT, Celtics stood toe to toe with the Cavs (one their home court no less) even handing them their first playoff loss. With someone like Markelle Fultz or Lonzo Ball, they are in a better position than any team in The East to topple The Cavs. 

The Celtics need to beat the Cavs 4 times out of 7.  Until LeBron turns into a pumpkin for more than 1 game, I'll believe it when I see it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

8 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Agreed on most points, but don't let Ball go near that franchise. I'd rather him and his father go to Tinseltown.

8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Inside The NBA cannot end this season quick enough. Shaq and Chuck cut deep again. Kenny kept eating.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/24/shaq-and-charles-barkleys-feud-got-really-personal-on-inside-the-nba/

They've been going at it for years now. IMO, this is on Shaq; he knows how Barkley is and how relentless he is, he needs to hold his own without getting offended.

NSFCvyu.png

9 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Raggedy man...

raggedymangnight.gif

Goodnight.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

9 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

It took LeBron’s worst playoff game in six years for the Celtics to eke out a 3-point win off a bull :censored: roll as time expired.

If a team from the East beats the Cavs in a series over the next few years, I expect it to be Milwaukee or Washington, not Boston.

6fQjS3M.png

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

It took LeBron’s worst playoff game in six years for the Celtics to eke out a 3-point win off a bull :censored: roll as time expired.

If a team from the East beats the Cavs in a series over the next few years, I expect it to be Milwaukee or Washington, not Boston.

What exactly do The Bucks or Wizards have that make them a bigger threat to The Cavs than The Celtics? 

Let's not forget Celtics were also beating the Cavs until Kyrie went into carry mode. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

Just now, ozzyman314 said:

What exactly do The Bucks or Wizards have that make them a bigger threat to The Cavs than The Celtics? 

Let's not forget Celtics were also beating the Cavs until Kyrie went into carry mode. 

Giannis, John Wall.

The Celtics don’t have that individual player who can win you the one or two swing games you need to beat the Cavs in a seven-game series.

6fQjS3M.png

Just now, crashcarson15 said:

Giannis, John Wall.

The Celtics don’t have that individual player who can win you the one or two swing games you need to beat the Cavs in a seven-game series.

Smart,Crowder, next year you can probably add Fultz. 

I don't see Bucks having the assets to beat Lebron. Wizards maybe, but I'd still put Celtics ahead of them as Teams most likely to topple The Cavs. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

Just now, ozzyman314 said:

c11fd0795d71f164669dece91d05ff9f.gif

LeBron’s lost three playoff series since 2010, man. He lost to Dirk in 2011, caught the Spurs’ period when the old guys were still good, but so was Kawhi in 2014, then fell to the Warriors in 2015.

During LeBron’s six-year run through the East, he’s downed MVP Derrick Rose, Paul George twice, Kyle Lowry, etc. He beat Westbrook and Durant in 2012, those same Spurs in 2013, and those same Warriors in 2016.

LeBron loses to Hall of Famers in the playoffs. Not Marcus :censored:ing Smart.

6fQjS3M.png

15 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I don't see Bucks having the assets to beat Lebron. Wizards maybe, but I'd still put Celtics ahead of them as Teams most likely to topple The Cavs. 

giphy_s_zpsboc1oimy.gif

You're a homer.

16 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

c11fd0795d71f164669dece91d05ff9f.gif

LeBron’s lost three playoff series since 2010, man. He lost to Dirk in 2011, caught the Spurs’ period when the old guys were still good, but so was Kawhi in 2014, then fell to the Warriors in 2015.

During LeBron’s six-year run through the East, he’s downed MVP Derrick Rose, Paul George twice, Kyle Lowry, etc. He beat Westbrook and Durant in 2012, those same Spurs in 2013, and those same Warriors in 2016.

LeBron loses to Hall of Famers in the playoffs. Not Marcus :censored:ing Smart.

Is that why he has a 3-5 record in The Finals? 

Plus what makes you think a team with Giannis or John Wall can stand a better chance than a stacked team like The Celtics? 

13 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

giphy_s_zpsboc1oimy.gif

You're a homer.

I mean, I'm trying not to. But outside of "Lebron is unstoppable" I haven't heard a legitimate reason why The Celtics, with all their current & future assets, aren't the #1 team in the east to beat Lebron. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived