Sign in to follow this  
LogoFan

Atlanta Falcons Concept -updated with unis

That looks gorgeous. I could see these being worn on the field right now. My favorite part is the stripes on the helmet. I would have never thought of that.

So something hasn't been sitting right with this logo for me and I just realized what it is. The "vertical" on the wing is just shy of 90 degrees, like it's 88, maybe, and it causes some visual dissonance being so close to but not right on vertical. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the logo it's based on, which uses a true vertical.

4 hours ago, unkomanz said:

Would like to see the Falcons return to red helmets. Surprised no team in the NFL have Red base helmets 

The Kansas City Chiefs have red base helmets.

I like the red helmets best.  But the black are almost as good...not a fan of the white or silver.  1B and 2B are the best of those two colors. 

The logo's great.  It's a nice median between the two.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:11 PM, Whittier S said:

So something hasn't been sitting right with this logo for me and I just realized what it is. The "vertical" on the wing is just shy of 90 degrees, like it's 88, maybe, and it causes some visual dissonance being so close to but not right on vertical. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the logo it's based on, which uses a true vertical.

Yeah...I was torn about having a slant vs not having a slant (as a nod to the original logo or current one).  I think as I kept working on the logo I forgot it was off a bit but I do think the tilted wing makes it look a tad more aggressive.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I generally prefer traditional uniforms, but I think this is a case where a more progressive number font and perhaps even pant stripe (maybe something that ever-so-slightly mimics the shape of a wing?) might actually benefit this excellent concept.