Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

Listened to a podcast years ago that interviewed one of the Under Armour designers. They always test their uniforms now, following the 2015 South Carolina Wounded Warriors debacle. If a team didn't test a jersey, that would be the bigger story.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ColJag said:

My understanding is Nike and the team held a, "field test", and the teal numbering on black jerseys tested poorly with regards to visibility from press box and upper stands. So they moved on to white on black.

So what happened to the "field test" for the Browns? 

"Jeez no one can read these numbers and the huge word marks look awful. Screw it just run it anyway." 

3 minutes ago, Esco said:

Glad they’ve kept these quiet. I know titans got leaked but I wonder if that was on purpose. Even with them saying it’s under investigation I still wonder of it was done purposely.

What would be the benefit of leaking them on purpose if you have a huge unveiling lined up?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

So what happened to the "field test" for the Browns? 

"Jeez no one can read these numbers and the huge word marks look awful. Screw it just run it anyway." 

Such a “field test” was specifically referred to in the press for the Browns reveal. In fact, they mentioned that there was a detail that they had changed as a result of the tests, though they didn’t mention what. How the hell was it worse?

11 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Such a “field test” was specifically referred to in the press for the Browns reveal. In fact, they mentioned that there was a detail that they had changed as a result of the tests, though they didn’t mention what. How the hell was it worse?

Jimmy Haslam: "BOY HOWDY Y'KNOW WUT? THERE AIN'T ENOUGH WHITE DROP SHADOW ON THEM THAR UNIFORMS!!!!"

Yes, I do imagine Jimmy Haslam talking in the same manner as Yosemite Sam.  It makes me chuckle when I visit a Pilot.

1 hour ago, Gupti said:

Now THIS is what I came to SEE.

Boys, I’m gonna need a minute..

EDIT: oops, didn’t notice this was posted last night. Oh well.

I wish the embedded video were as recognicable here as it is on Twitter. I saw this posted yesterday here, but only saw the video now on Twitter.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

I have to jump in here and say that I'm a BIG fan of the leaked images from March. 

The uniforms are gorgeous. Simple yet modern. 

I'll also say that if what @ColJag is saying is true, it would be a HUGE mistake to make the numbering white on the black jerseys and not keep the numbers teal on the black jerseys from the leaked images. 

100% agree with you, Grimlock. If I'm picturing black jerseys with white numbers without a border, then we're basically the Miami Sharks with maybe teal nike swoosh marks. That early March render of teal on black looks awesome. Give a thin white border on the teal numbers then. The reasoning because it's hard for press box or upper deck to see clearly sounds, I dunno, kind of weak. Whatever, just give me Thursday.

5 minutes ago, RussJag said:

100% agree with you, Grimlock. If I'm picturing black jerseys with white numbers without a border, then we're basically the Miami Sharks with maybe teal nike swoosh marks. That early March render of teal on black looks awesome. Give a thin white border on the teal numbers then. The reasoning because it's hard for press box or upper deck to see clearly sounds, I dunno, kind of weak. Whatever, just give me Thursday.

It's not weak. Dark numbers on dark jerseys are hard to read, especially for spotters who have to determine if it's an 8 or a 9, or a 5 or a 6, in a split second. And coaches don't want to spend extra time in film review trying to figure out which number is which.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It's not weak. Dark numbers on dark jerseys are hard to read, especially for spotters who have to determine if it's an 8 or a 9, or a 5 or a 6, in a split second. And coaches don't want to spend extra time in film review trying to figure out which number is which.

Correct. You have to remember uniforms aren't just viewed from a merchandising prospective, though it certainly plays a big role, they still have to actually be worn and played in.

Some may recall the debacle that was the '97 Jags original numbering. 

Man, I just... I'm sorry, I feel a little dirty for admitting this, but the teal jerseys they wore this past season aren't bad!  They do away with all the plastic claw crap in the shoulders and just have the gold collar thing.

Just my two cents there.  They are really sharp-looking in my opinion.  It could be my wanting to see teal back on the field more than anything, though.

25 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

Man, I just... I'm sorry, I feel a little dirty for admitting this, but the teal jerseys they wore this past season aren't bad!  They do away with all the plastic claw crap in the shoulders and just have the gold collar thing.

Just my two cents there.  They are really sharp-looking in my opinion.  It could be my wanting to see teal back on the field more than anything, though.

The teal jerseys were the 2nd best jersey of this past set. The thing I disliked about them the most was the black numbers. The plastic claw crap and golf collar I could live with if they kept them, but I agree those elements weren't good. Black collar, no plastic claw crap, flip the white and black on the numbers and I'd be content with that jersey.

31 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

It would be quintessential Nike for them to release new Jags uniforms that are basically just what we already saw leaked, yet somehow even worse by removing teal from the black set. 

We are also going off of a concept rendering image and not whats stitch to cloth, sort to speak.

There is still teal incorporated on the black uniforms, just more easy on the eyes coloring for the numbers and wordmark.

Those who have seen the actual finalized product, and been willing to share their opinions with me, have stated the majority of fans will be pleasantly surprised, despite the perceived simplicity.

Archived