Sign in to follow this  
Nyk33

The Worst Jersey Clash I've Ever Seen

I noticed this myself watching the games (huge cricket fan here). Sri Lanka needs to go back to the dark navy they used to have, and replace a lot of that white with yellow like they used to have. Of course, I am an India fan, so I may be biased, but I think India has found the perfect shades of blue and orange.

This is the colour scheme SL need to return to, but with a different template:

maxresdefault.jpg

And with that, TIL Sri Lanka's a member of the "Non-Flag Colors" club, as far as sports go.

So is this a thread about uniforms that look too similar to each other or is it about uniforms that look bad next to each other? 

Seems like this one could go either direction especially aesthetically. Because some of the pics already posted make the teams hard to make out but they sure look beautiful together, like that Lightning vs Maple Leafs pic is gorgeous. 

45 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

So is this a thread about uniforms that look too similar to each other or is it about uniforms that look bad next to each other? 

Seems like this one could go either direction especially aesthetically. Because some of the pics already posted make the teams hard to make out but they sure look beautiful together, like that Lightning vs Maple Leafs pic is gorgeous. 

IMO it should be jerseys that make it hard to tell the teams apart while watching. You could make the argument that the TB-TOR game is disorienting until you figure out who is home/away, but "intrasquad scrimmage" games should be in a different thread.

On 12/23/2017 at 10:16 AM, JosiahWVU said:

Image result for famous idaho potato bowl

I felt legitimately colorblind watching this live.

This 2006 match-up always bothered me. Rutgers went red/red/white and Louisville went white/white/red. Why could't the teams have gotten together before this NATIONALLY TELEVISED game and worked out what they were going to where. Make it easier on the viewer and the film guys.

sprutgers24-conlon-7dc0433f87eb7515.jpg

23 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

This 2006 match-up always bothered me. Rutgers went red/red/white and Louisville went white/white/red. Why could't the teams have gotten together before this NATIONALLY TELEVISED game and worked out what they were going to where. Make it easier on the viewer and the film guys.

sprutgers24-conlon-7dc0433f87eb7515.jpg

This is actually pretty easy for film guys since the numbers can be easily seen. They are also wearing their primary looks so it isn't that hard to make out, especially for quarterbacks.

11 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

This picture isn't very good. Who are the teams?

Looks like Illinois vs. Wisconsin

11 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

Looks like Illinois vs. Wisconsin

Yeah I think you're right. Seeing you say that and looking at the picture again caused a light bulb to go off. This is a similar clash to that Hawks/Knicks game earlier in the thread.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:50 PM, PhysicalGraffiti said:

My understanding of clash is something that is mismatched or incompatible. When it comes to sports you should often be able to tell two teams apart with relative ease. The similarity in colors makes the match up incompatible.

If it involves outfits or jerseys individually it would be more colors that don't go together which is hard in uniforms given the name. If the Bolts wore purple pants with a blue jersey, that would clash.

Clash. No. 

Intrasquad scrimmage, Probably

On 1/3/2018 at 8:01 AM, stumpygremlin said:

Yeah I think you're right. Seeing you say that and looking at the picture again caused a light bulb to go off. This is a similar clash to that Hawks/Knicks game earlier in the thread.

Even worse, this was an annual thing.