North--Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Baltimore

South--Indianapolis, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville

West--San Diego, Kansas City, Oakland, Denver

NFC-

East--New York, Dallas , Washington, Philadelphia

North--Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit

South--St. Louis, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay

West--Los Angeles(New Orleans), San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle

New Orleans, San Diego, or Indianapolis are all possibilities to go to L.A. but New Orleans is the MOST likely based soley on their stadium situation so relax.

I never really understand why Dallas is in the East, when they are clearly more west than either New Orleans and St. Louis.

iv5yj3tveej7sf77mexcxivt0.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my NHL

Eastern Confrence

Northeast- Hamilton, Montreal,Ottawa,Quebec City,Toronto

Atlantic- Boston,Long Island,New York,Hartford,Buffalo

Mid-East- Indianapolis,Washington,Baltimore,Columbus,Phildelphia

Western Confrence

Northwest-Vancouver,Edmonton,Calgary,Winnipeg,Seattle

Pacific- Los Angeles,Las Vegas,Portland,Dallas,Phoenix

Central-Detroit,Chicago,St.Louis,Kansas City,Oklahoma City

Don't know who move's where but it's 30 teams and at least 10 teams betyter then now.

no Minnestoa in the NHL again?? thats... laughable.

He also left out the defending Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning and put a team in Baltimore, that couldn't support an AHL team and being too close to the Caps territory, and in Kansas City where the NHL has failed before and in Indianapolis who hasn't had major league hockey since Gretzky was a rookie.

Might as well put one in Cincinnati, who actually lost out on an NHL team, the Kansas City Scouts, when the guys bidding for a team decided to go with a WHA team instead. The NHL expanded to KC and Washington instead. Then KC moved to Colorado then to New Jersey.

I didn't want to leave Minneasota out i forgot them. Cincinnati was also still active when the 79 NHL-WHA merger happened. But the Cinnatti Stingers and Birmingham Bulls were left out. The NHl could have had a Cincy vs. Cleveland rivarly if the Barons survived.

untitled-6.jpg

NFL

AFC-

East--New York, Buffalo, Miami, New England

North--Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Baltimore

South--Indianapolis, Houston, Tennessee, Jacksonville

West--San Diego, Kansas City, Oakland, Denver

NFC-

East--New York, Dallas , Washington, Philadelphia

North--Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit

South--St. Louis, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay

West--Los Angeles(New Orleans), San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle

New Orleans, San Diego, or Indianapolis are all possibilities to go to L.A. but New Orleans is the MOST likely based soley on their stadium situation so relax.

I never really understand why Dallas is in the East, when they are clearly more west than either New Orleans and St. Louis.

Its called Tradition

There are some people, on this board and elsewhere, who want to blame all of the NHL's current difficulties on the southern clubs.  It's really insufferable.  Just once, I'd like there to be a little equal time in the blame game.  Every time someone on this board mentions contraction or relocation, it's inevitable that there will be a dozen or so proposals to eliminate as much as every southern NHL team (except the Kings, for some reason).  If I have to be the only person who proposes that the League cut off some of its dead, pasty, Canadian flesh, then so be it.  How about just once, everyone gives it a rest with the death warrants for southern hockey?  Southerners already have to answer for some much: the Civil War, segregation, the Dixie Chicks.  But this time, they're getting a bad rap.

a game between phoenix and carolina got better ratings in toronto then it did in either phonix or carolina. explain that one. southerners dont appreciate the game, they look at it as an excuse to get drunk. i was living in tampa the year the lightining won the cup. i even whent to few regular season games. the fans there didnt go to watch a hockey game, they went there to get drunk. infact once the lady behind me keept asking her husband what offsides and icing ment. her husband just sat there and said "i dona know." this went on for an entire hockey game.

the lightining actually had to take time to explain the rules on the jumbo-tron. thats not right.

oh, and Your Name Here, remember that the "national" in national hockey leauge refers to canada. the american "orginal six" teams (boston, detroit, ny rangers, chicago) were all expanion teams.

original nhl: toronto arenas (became maple leafs), montreal canadians, montreal wanderers, original ottawa senators, and the quebec bulldogs.

There are some people, on this board and elsewhere, who want to blame all of the NHL's current difficulties on the southern clubs.  It's really insufferable.  Just once, I'd like there to be a little equal time in the blame game.  Every time someone on this board mentions contraction or relocation, it's inevitable that there will be a dozen or so proposals to eliminate as much as every southern NHL team (except the Kings, for some reason).  If I have to be the only person who proposes that the League cut off some of its dead, pasty, Canadian flesh, then so be it.  How about just once, everyone gives it a rest with the death warrants for southern hockey?  Southerners already have to answer for some much: the Civil War, segregation, the Dixie Chicks.  But this time, they're getting a bad rap.

Bad rap??

Here's a pretty interesting link for you: Last four years attendance. If you do some quick math, here's what you're gonna see:

- The team with the lowest attendance average during that span is the NY Islanders. They do show that their average has gone up 17% between 2001 and 2004.

- The five teams after are, in order: Anaheim, Phoenix, Carolina, Nashville, and Atlanta (WOW, southern states teams... <_< ). It wouldn't be a problem in itself, as long as they show some progress with their average. However, this isn't the case at all. Phoenix and Anaheim have a progressed slowly during the 4 years, but the other three are regressing, especially Nashville, having lost almost 20% of its initial average.

- After this, I checked for the other cities and some are showing pretty bad numbers for maintaining their attendance. Pittsburgh has lost almost 40% of the average. Then Buffalo with 16% and Chicago with 13%.

I can understand your frustration by our bashing of the southern states, but the attendance shows that US cities aren't doing that well with hockey, as opposed to all canadian franchises. Out of the six cities in Canada, the lowest city you will find in the average over four years is Calgary, in 16th position. So the rest (14 teams) are US. And that includes

Tampa Bay

Buffalo

Washington

Florida

New Jersey

Boston

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

Nashville

Carolina

Phoenix

Anaheim

NY Islanders

Regardless of what you feel. These are the facts. Expansion in the Southern US might have been good to cover more grounds, but it's killing the sport.

And with those facts in, I'd work something else for realignment of the NHL. As you might guess, I wouldn't even go to a 32-teams league, I'd regress with only 24 teams.

Eastern conference

NorthEastern division - Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Toronto, Detroit, Quebec City

Atlantic division - NY Rangers, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Washington, Tampa Bay, Atlanta

Western conference

Pacific division - Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose

Central division - Minnesota, Winnipeg, Chicago, Dallas, St Louis, Kansas City

This way I'd go with the old fashion divisional playoffs, then conference and league. By folding so many teams, I'd get all those players in a basket and have a draft for the three new teams (with some picks for the other teams). This way they'd be competitive the first year. And having only 24 teams would mean less players in the league, so the best would still be there.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

And with those facts in, I'd work something else for realignment of the NHL. As you might guess, I wouldn't even go to a 32-teams league, I'd regress with only 24 teams.

Eastern conference

NorthEastern division - Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Toronto, Detroit, Quebec City

Atlantic division - NY Rangers, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Washington, Tampa Bay, Atlanta

Western conference

Pacific division - Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Los Angeles, San Jose

Central division - Minnesota, Winnipeg, Chicago, Dallas, St Louis, Kansas City

This way I'd go with the old fashion divisional playoffs, then conference and league. By folding so many teams, I'd get all those players in a basket and have a draft for the three new teams (with some picks for the other teams). This way they'd be competitive the first year. And having only 24 teams would mean less players in the league, so the best would still be there.

I like that idea a lot. Winnipeg definately should get a team back, same w/ Quebec City. The NHL with those teams would be 100000 times better than the NHL Bettman has given us.

• 3 months later...
For the NFL, I say that they ought to contract one team and replace it with that Los Angeles franchise they've been wanting.

HERE'S A LIST OF WHO THE NFL OUGHT TO CONTRACT

Jacksonville

Cincinnati

New Orleans

San Diego

how about no...If LA really want's a team they need to pursuade one of the teams that are currently in limbo. Why Contract so you could expand once again, never could understand that concept :blink:

One thing that seems to get overlooked in all of this talk about moving an NFL team to LA is that the league would insist that the LA team play in the AFC. Accordingly, if the Saints are the franchise to go west, they'd more than likely be part of a conference swap with at least one other team, quite possibly Jacksonville. Los Angeles would then play in the AFC South with Indy, Tennessee and Houston. None of the AFC West teams can be moved out of their division - they are all charter AFL franchises that have been playing each other for 45 seasons and there is a handshake agreement with the league that they are not to be broken up. This swap would give the NFC roughly the same TV numbers and would bring the AFC much closer to parity with the NFC as far as TV numbers and thus the value of future TV contracts.

Trade Indianapolis for Baltimore

I hate the Ravens. I hated them when they were the Browns too. And I especially hate those ugly-assed uniforms, helmets and especially those numbers. Hideous, just hideous. Oh yeah, I left out Ray Lewis.

Dude the Colts left for a reason. Baltimore refused to build them a new stadium,which the Colts wanted because their current was old. Then Indy offered them a Relocation Plan including a new stadium. Now Baltimore hates the Colts and says Indy "stole the team away from them". It's was Baltimore's fault for not building them a new stadium. Thats just a clarification for you all.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

What about a north/south alignment?

Without adding any expansion teams (Bettman would probably just put them both in Mexico anyhow) it would look like this:

NORTHERN CONFERENCE

NORTHWEST DIVISION: Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Minnesota, Colorado

CENTRAL DIVISION: Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Ottawa, Columbus

NORTHEAST DIVISION: Montreal, Buffalo, Boston, NY Islanders, NY Rangers

SOUTHER CONFERENCE

SOUTHWEST DIVISION: San Jose, Anaheim, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas

EASTERN DIVISION: St. Louis, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New Jersey

SOUTHEAST DIVISION: Washington, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Florida

And if you add in the expansion teams of Seattle and Las Vegas, then cut into 16 divisions,

NORTHWEST Vancouver, Seattle, Edmonton, Calgary

MIDWEST Colorado, Minnesota, Detroit, Toronto

HUDSON Ottawa, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia

NORTHEAST Montreal, Boston, NY Islanders, NY Rangers

PACIFIC San Jose, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Los Angeles

SOUTHWEST Phoenix, Dallas, St. Louis, Nashville

CENTRAL Chicago, Columbus, Washington, New Jersey

ATLANTIC Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Florida

nhl94vansigpng.png

With all due respect to Montreal, I just can't see them getting an NBA team. As far as the Raptors and the conversion rate, the rate has been around 15% for quite some time now. That rate is much more acceptable to the owners than 30-35%. Plus the Raptors are owned by the Leafs. Nuf ced.

CENTRAL DIVISION: Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Ottawa, Columbus

NORTHEAST DIVISION: Montreal, Buffalo, Boston, NY Islanders, NY Rangers

[...]

MIDWEST Colorado, Minnesota, Detroit, Toronto

HUDSON Ottawa, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia

NORTHEAST Montreal, Boston, NY Islanders, NY Rangers

In both cases, Buffalo and Toronto aren't in the same division, although they are closer to each other than Montreal/Buffalo, or Toronto/Colorado (?).

It might be a good idea to have the separated north/south, but I'm pretty sure that attendance in the south would give reasons as to why hockey isn't that successful in the southern US.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Trade Indianapolis for Baltimore

I hate the Ravens. I hated them when they were the Browns too. And I especially hate those ugly-assed uniforms, helmets and especially those numbers. Hideous, just hideous. Oh yeah, I left out Ray Lewis.

Dude the Colts left for a reason. Baltimore refused to build them a new stadium,which the Colts wanted because their current was old. Then Indy offered them a Relocation Plan including a new stadium. Now Baltimore hates the Colts and says Indy "stole the team away from them". It's was Baltimore's fault for not building them a new stadium. Thats just a clarification for you all.

Symantics. Baltimore "stole" the Browns just like Indy "stole" the Colts. In the Cleveland case, however, the NFL bent over backwards to appease Cleveland. When the Colts moved, on the other hand, the NFL said too bad, nothing we can do, then stiffed Baltimore in the expansion process. Do you think Tags might wish now that Baltimore had received an expansion team instead of Jacksonville? We all see how that worked out.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Guys, here's my re-realignment/expansion plans for the NFL/NBA/NHL and lets gets one things straight, THE NBA WILL NOT, and I say it again, NOT HAVE ANY MORE CANADIAN EXPANSION TEAMS. Toronto will move to the U.S. before the NBA expands to Canada again.

NFL-The biggest problems i see are Miami, Indy, and Baltimore or all in the wrong divsions. Indy is in the north, Maryland is mid-east so baltimore can go north or south and if you have the jaguars in the south wouldn't it make sense to have the dolphins in the south (geographical fact- miami is in south florida, jacksonville is in north florida). San Diego is gathering teams in every sport for their city (you will see NBA (lower) as proof) so im not moving them to LA but dont cant it out. In the NFC, Dallas is not in the east, the saints will most likely go to LA, and Carolina is more easten coast the any other south team.

AFC NFC

East-Baltimore, Buffalo, New England, NY Jets Carolina, NY Giants, Phily, Washington

South-Houston, Jacksonville,Miami, Tennessee Atlanta, Dallas, St.Louis(?), Tampa Bay

North- Cincy, Cleveland, Indy, Pittsburgh same

West-same Arizona, LA(Saints), San Fran, Seattle

NBA

Eastern

Northeast- Boston, Cleveland, Toronto, Detroit

Central- Chicago, Indiana, Louisville (exp), Milwaukee

Atlantic- NY Knicks, NY Nets(brooklyn), Philadelphia, Washington

Southeast- everyone one else from that division

Western

Northwest- Portland, Seattle, Utah, Denver or Minnesota

Midwest-Las Vegas(Sac), Denver or Minnesota, Memphis, St.Louis or KC (exp)

Pacific- Golden State/San Fran, LA Clippers/San Diego, LA Lakers, Phoenix

Southwest-Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City(NO), San Antonio

NHL

Dont expand. Just relocate teams like Nashville and make them the Hartford/New England Whalers and move Columbus to Seattle. If they do expand they should only reinstate old teams like the Quebeq Nordiques and the Winnipeg Jets. Lastly, Anaheim should be rename the California Golden Bears (an old NHL teams).

Eastern

Atlantic- Capitals, Devils, Flyers, Rangers

Northeast- Bruins, Penguins,Islanders , Whalers

Canadian East- Canadiens, Sabres , Nordiques, Senators

Southeast-Hurricanes, Lightning, Panthers, Thrashers

Western

Central-Maple Leafs, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Stars

Pacific-Coyotes, Golden Bears, Kings, Sharks

Northwest- Avalanche, Blues, Seattle(exp), Wild

Canadian West-Canucks, Flames, Jets, Oilers

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Guys, here's my re-realignment/expansion plans for the NFL/NBA/NHL and lets gets one things straight, THE NBA WILL NOT, and I say it again, NOT HAVE ANY MORE CANADIAN EXPANSION TEAMS. Toronto will move to the U.S. before the NBA expands to Canada again.

NFL-The biggest problems i see are Miami, Indy, and Baltimore or all in the wrong divsions. Indy is in the north, Maryland is mid-east so baltimore can go north or south and if you have the jaguars in the south wouldn't it make sense to have the dolphins in the south (geographical fact- miami is in south florida, jacksonville is in north florida). San Diego is gathering teams in every sport for their city (you will see NBA (lower) as proof) so im not moving them to LA but dont cant it out. In the NFC, Dallas is not in the east, the saints will most likely go to LA, and Carolina is more easten coast the any other south team.

AFC

East-Baltimore, Buffalo, New England, NY Jets

South-Houston, Jacksonville,Miami, Tennessee

North- Cincy, Cleveland, Indy, Pittsburgh

West-same

NFC

East-Carolina, NY Giants, Philadelphia, Washington

South-Atlanta, Dallas, St.Louis(?), Tampa Bay

North-same

West-Arizona, LA(Saints), San Fran, Seattle

NBA

Eastern

Northeast- Boston, Cleveland, Toronto, Detroit

Central- Chicago, Indiana, Louisville (exp), Milwaukee

Atlantic- NY Knicks, NY Nets(brooklyn), Philadelphia, Washington

Southeast- everyone one else from that division

Western

Northwest- Portland, Seattle, Utah, Denver or Minnesota

Midwest-Las Vegas(Sac), Denver or Minnesota, Memphis, St.Louis or KC (exp)

Pacific- Golden State/San Fran, LA Clippers/San Diego, LA Lakers, Phoenix

Southwest-Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City(NO), San Antonio

NHL

Dont expand. Just relocate teams like Nashville and make them the Hartford/New England Whalers and move Columbus to Seattle. If they do expand they should only reinstate old teams like the Quebeq Nordiques and the Winnipeg Jets. Lastly, Anaheim should be rename the California Golden Bears (an old NHL teams).

Eastern

Atlantic- Capitals, Devils, Flyers, Rangers

Northeast- Bruins, Penguins,Islanders , Whalers

Canadian East- Canadiens, Sabres , Nordiques, Senators

Southeast-Hurricanes, Lightning, Panthers, Thrashers

Western

Central-Maple Leafs, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Stars

Pacific-Coyotes, Golden Bears, Kings, Sharks

Northwest- Avalanche, Blues, Seattle(exp), Wild

Canadian West-Canucks, Flames, Jets, Oilers

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived