Browns in brown pants?

cableguy

I don't know why this is so hard to achieve? Hands down classic look if it ever hit the field IMO!

Concept-ClevelandBrownsSeries.png

I totally agree.

Those four are my particular favorites for any of the unis they've worn. Especially note the 2 brown stripes on the white pants instead of the 2 orange. Looks much better and balanced to me.

Throw the brown pants on the model with the white jersey, and put the white-orange-white stripe on them and call it a day.

Curiously, the Browns are the one team that doesn't have silver / gray in their scheme that have a gray facemask that I approve of (probably just because I think that orange and gray look great together), but I think I like the brown better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why this is so hard to achieve? Hands down classic look if it ever hit the field IMO!

That looks really good. I'd prefer the white or grey face mask (I'm just too old school for my own good sometimes) but your effort really looks great.

BB52Big.jpg

That is a helluva mockup. If I was king, I would put a white mask on there and put the <=B=> logo on both sides of the helmet. Yeah, I said it. While I'm still crazy, I'd drive to their (former) rival Steelers, take the logo off the chest, slap it on the other side of the helmet, remove the gray outline, make it yellow, and add six rivits (to represent the championships) inside the yellow circle like it was holding it on.

/rant over

Sorry for peeing on the untouchable helmets.

KISSwall09.jpg

Amen.

In my opinion, the first two mockups create the best balance among colors on the uniform.

The helmet matches the pants, jersey matches the socks. It's perfect, IMO.

And I never liked the idea of a Brown facemask, until recently. I think it'd be nice.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm hoping for a brown-out this year. I think that would look really good, depending on if the shades of brown are the same. The brown pants seem a little darker to me, almost black kinda.

I personally think they should go back to the former Brown color.

It had much more red in it, I believe, but it was much more of a 'true brown.'

Maybe Colerwerx can back me up on this one. ^_^

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm hoping for a brown-out this year. I think that would look really good, depending on if the shades of brown are the same. The brown pants seem a little darker to me, almost black kinda.

I was comparing my Anthony Henry jersey from 2002, and my Jurevicius jersey, and the shades are noticeably different. I prefer the older shade of Brown, this new shade is suppose to look more dark, almost like a black. Maybe they think that the darker shade looks better and non-Browns fans will buy them...I don't know.

T1oYViW.png

I was comparing my Anthony Henry jersey from 2002, and my Jurevicius jersey, and the shades are noticeably different. I prefer the older shade of Brown, this new shade is suppose to look more dark, almost like a black. Maybe they think that the darker shade looks better and non-Browns fans will buy them...I don't know.

I love the dark brown shade that the Browns went back to in 2006. It's the same color brown that the team used in the 50's & 60's.

As for the "brown out" I think we'll see it for the 2 home prime time games this year. :woot:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

As for the "brown out" I think we'll see it for the 2 home prime time games this year. :woot:

So...if Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum is known as The Black Hole for Raider games...

...would Cleveland Browns Stadium then turn into The Brown Hole? :blink:

Even though you are a Red Sox fan....I appreciate the humor! :D

iq5b7nF.png

So...if Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum is known as The Black Hole for Raider games...

It will still be the Dawg Pound.

T1oYViW.png

Way to compleeetely ruin the joke.

Way to compleeetely ruin the joke.

:P

T1oYViW.png

^

That white over brown looks good, just need the brown facemask back.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here are the unis with a grey facemask and brown pants with white/orange/white stripes as requested! Also a 'brown-out' set for selby56...enjoy!

BrownsGFM-BP.png

BrownsGFM-BJ-BP.png

See how the stripe actually helps? They wouldn't escape any doo-doo jokes if they did go to the brown-out look (:P), but at least it'd look a little bit better with the stripe.

Say, the white jersey doesn't look terrible with the striped brown pants (though white and white is still the best way to go). The stripe doesn't make the all-brown any better, however.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I really like the addition of the stripes. White over brown looks good. I would prefer the pants stripe pattern to be orange/white/orange. To me, it would match the helmet better which also has the middle white stripe. On the brown jersey sleeve, the two orange stripes really pop. I gues, that's why i would prefer o/w/o. Or even just two orange stripes. It would match really well with the socks. Ehhhh... who knows? Either way, the stripes make a big differrence.

After seeing those photoshops, I agree that the center stripe should be white with orange on either side. It goes with the stiping on the jersey better. The brown pants certainly need stripes. While they should never ever wear the brown pants with the brown jersey, the desperately need the striped brown socks to return.

There is nothing more bush league than solid pants in the NFL. It shouldn't happen, it is horrible design. Even with the awful piping, half stripes, and swoosh nonsense, some thought went into it. Solid colored pants look as if the team's real pants were destroyed in the dryer, so a couple days before the game the equipment manager ordered pants out of the Eastbay catalog.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived