Browns in brown pants?

cableguy

Yeah really. That grey facemask is a dumb affectation.

Another plus to all the brown and orange is how autumnal it looks in a generally autumnal sport. The Browns never make it into January, but if they ever should,

kosar.2.jpg

Hooray! Lots of white with brown here and there! Looks like midwestern winter to me.

Yeah, because we all want to be reminded of our 14-month-long winters ...

Packers-2.png

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dennisbergan: showing up every preseason to tout a modern NFL uniform design and call the rest of us "old fogies" since 2005

I said it last year and I'll say it again, these pants need to adhere to one our favorite sayings around CCSLC, "needs stripes". The striped socks look so much better, but they would actually be tolerable and match the uniform if they employed an orange-white-orange stripe. They'd be the reverse of both the white pants and the stripes on the helmet. It would look great.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I actually think the brown pants look pretty slick with the striped socks. I think the Bengals would look sharp with plain black pants, as well (as long as they ditch that stupid white stripe on the jerseys).

Sigs are for sissies.

Dennisbergan: showing up every preseason to tout a modern NFL uniform design and call the rest of us "old fogies" since 2005

I said it last year and I'll say it again, these pants need to adhere to one our favorite sayings around CCSLC, "needs stripes". The striped socks look so much better, but they would actually be tolerable and match the uniform if they employed an orange-white-orange stripe. They'd be the reverse of both the white pants and the stripes on the helmet. It would look great.

I think it would work better to go with white-orange-white, to match the brown jerseys.

I think it would work better to go with white-orange-white, to match the brown jerseys.

Let's hope we never see these pants with the brown jerseys, but an orange-white-orange stripe wouldn't necessarily not match the brown jersey. I took some time to make this spectrum (if you will) of the browns stripes across the various parts of their uniform and how orange-white-orange stripes would look on the brown pants

brownsstripes.png

from left to right it goes: white jersey, brown jersey, brown pants, white pants, orange helmet. The brown pants (with my preferred striping scheme) would match the brown jersey just as well as the white pants match the white jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't see how a lack of pant stripes completely ruins this look. I think they would look BETTER with stripes, but the striping of the socks matches the jerseys. The solid socks were much worse.

The lack of pant stripes does ruin the look because the other uniform elements (socks, jersey, helmet) all have very strong and noticeable striping. The pants, which would have the biggest amount of striping, are plain, throwing off the balance and the aesthetic of the set.

I still think the orange pants would be a better option (to balance out the helmet) but if they are going to use brown pants, there needs to be striping.

For what it's worth, the brown pants are NOT in Madden 10. (I looked.)

Yeah, that's what I wrote a few pages back. Madden always seems to have them when the team has them in the closet (like the Rams' white pants) and when the team uses them or uses them regularly, they are gone. They don't even have the orange pants with their throwback sets. In fact, the Browns are so badly mislabeld. Their 1960 helmet has a white mask, their 1960 jersey is the 1984 (I think) jersey with the orange outlines on the numbers. I won't even get into what they did with the Chargers and Titans.

KISSwall09.jpg

As mentioned earlier, the socks make all the difference. The striped socks looked great with the brown pants and makes everything pop.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I don't know why this is so hard to achieve? Hands down classic look if it ever hit the field IMO!

Concept-ClevelandBrownsSeries.png

I totally agree.

Those four are my particular favorites for any of the unis they've worn. Especially note the 2 brown stripes on the white pants instead of the 2 orange. Looks much better and balanced to me.

Archived