Charlotte Bobcats Concept

AAO

I would have prefered a set of bright colors in this situation. Right now, the dark green looks like navy, while the gold is approaching khaki. Right now, you basically took away what makes them stand out. So is it a yes or a no? I gonna have to say no. No Hollywood for you. :P

By general feeling being overdone do you mean the use of a dark hue of the same color? Because yeah its dark green and teal here...but I understand how it can be confused for navy and oh i dont know...light blue. I'll try another color scheme so I can get to hollywood.

I like the look of the uniforms, at least elements-wise. They are clean, but modern. However, I agree with the others about the colors. I first thought about these based on the coloring was "If the Jacksonville Jaguars had a basketball team..."

I like the look of the uniforms, at least elements-wise. They are clean, but modern. However, I agree with the others about the colors. I first thought about these based on the coloring was "If the Jacksonville Jaguars had a basketball team..."

I agree. As a person who was born, raised, and lives in Charlotte part time. The last thing you want is a team that looks like the jaguars. Panthers the biggest, and most liked Professional sports team in Charlotte.

nick Wall

"Find the flame, light the fire"

BEAT ASHEVILLE SCHOOL

Everything looks great on this concept, as a concept. In the context of the NBA the colors might feel overused or commonplace (even though they technically aren't), so that would be the only problem. I love how you kept the general feel of their current uni's without copying exactly what they are working with right now. My favorite part is the new shorts, I just love how the logo is not in the traditional "your logo here" spot on the lower leg. You could probably do away with the little alt-color stripe going over each shoulder and it wouldn't bother me, but it isn't a problem right now. As for changing up the colors, I know they want to make the Seahawks blue their primary color, but that doesn't mean you have to. I would try some different combos using the orange that everybody seems to like. Orange/Charcoal/Black, just Orange/Teal, Orange/Maroon/Silver, who knows, though Orange/Charcoal/Black sounds better to me the more I think about it. Orange road, Charcoal alt., Black accents...I can see it. Wonderful work as always.

I'd say make the colors Orange, Teal and Navy. Although the current blue would work in place of teal. I'd use the veritcal wordmarks and not the slanted ones they currently have. That has always been one of the worst parts about their current look. I do like how you thickened it, but it still just doesn't quite work.

This is still one of the best executed concepts I've seen. Although we've come to expect none than less than that from you. Bravo! ;)

Color-wise, this does have a bit of a '90s vibe. I do like the use of gold though, as it makes the cat more realistic in a way, but I doubt that would go with the orange/seahawks blue scheme they have. The template is well done. Much better than the "revolutionary" design that they're pitching now. The number font is a huge improvement, and the positioning of the home and road wordmarks is absolute perfection. I'd go as far as to say that the raised wordmarks make the need for the arched wordmark on the alternate dissipate, since you've eliminated the beef I've always had, in that the straight wordmark made the whole design seem out of whack in a way.

VmWIn6B.png

This color scheme does not exist in the NBA. This looks very cool, I love the design on the uniforms...but I dont like the alternate. I also like the logo you used, I think that one is far more superior to the logo Charlotte uses.

temp.png

You know, I'm really digging these... although I think the gold could use a little more pop, just to save it from being a little on the "mustard" side.

I'm just not big on the Bobcats using orange and blue just because, as far as I know, they have no significance to Charlotte. While it's true that most color schemes don't have a connection to the host city, I think certain combos have a link to certain cities, orange and blue with NY (and perhaps that's just because I'm a NYer). However, if they were to continue using orange and blue, I'm agreeing with the idea that orange should remain a focal point just to remove themselves from looking too much like the Knicks.

I'm really feeling the rising arch on the wordmark on the home and road set, although I'm not thrilled with the alternate. The wordmark and numbers would likely need to be in a lighter color, or have a light stroke around them because as you have them now, it would be difficult to make out the text. Oh, and on the home jersey, I'd make the player name text the dark-green instead of the teal.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I hate the Bobcats uniforms and logo... however I was a fan of the new logos they put out that you've used here...

I will say that the gold may not work on the uniforms (maybe more pop to it?) but it definitely makes the bobcat look like a bobcat.

I actually really like these... And as Starchild had said I also really like the arch on the woodmark on the uniforms, that was the first thing I noticed before I took a really good look.

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

Great job! I love these.

The only thing I'd do differently is make the numbers on the alternate jersey centered. And maybe make the letters/numbers on the alternate gold or white, right now they don't stand out enough.

Other than that, these are just about perfect!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I still don't think the colors go well together. It looks too forced. Like they just added another color because there was a minimum requirement for number of colors or something. I also think there are too many stripes on the sides. Just my opinion.

I'm also not a big fan of the wordmark or number font, but thats not your fault.

Archived