Lake County Fielders

Burmy

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice of them to tell us what we already knew. However they may not be the last NAL thing to die this year. Looks like the neighbors of the San Rafael team are trying to block the team from playing at Albert Park after all. If San Rafael can't find a place to play and have to bow out the whole North Division will collapse this year since there are only 4 teams left.

My favorite thread makes a final appearance on page one. I hope they leave up the "Fielders Stadium" sign on 294 (I think?) so I can have a nice laugh when I drive by it.

Ha, they actually had a sign put up? Unreal.

The Flyers/Boomers didn't even have a sign on the Elgin O'Hare and you could actually see the park from there.

2IA3b.png

Yep, there was one of those brown highway signs for Fielders Stadium just before the Route 173 exit on the Northbound Tri-State. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it if I head up to a Brewers game this year.

Eagerly awaiting the inevitable bankruptcy filing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yep, there was one of those brown highway signs for Fielders Stadium just before the Route 173 exit on the Northbound Tri-State. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it if I head up to a Brewers game this year.

I'm probably going up to Gurnee soon so I'll keep an eye out.

2IA3b.png

• 1 year later...

The sign is still there. I wonder how many people have gotten off that exit to go and see the field.

Stephen Boulton, an attorney representing the Lake County Fielders, says, "The team would love to play baseball in Zion [illinois]."

Boulton goes on to say that the team has approached the municipality with an offer to play in a less expensive ballpark than the one it says the city promised to build, but the city refuses to entertain the offer.

http://www.suntimes....s-lawsuits.html

According to this article, someone is trying to revive the Northern League and has two teams so far, so maybe there?

haha

http://ballparkdigest.com/201309176637/independent-baseball/news/fielders-were-ready-to-return

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived