Jags New Uni Prototypes?

jags1828

I remember seeing after the bucs and broncos got new uniforms that there were pictures of the designs that were considered but not used. Is there anyway that we can get a hold of some jaguars prototype designs from this past year changes? Do you guys think they will fix the striping this coming season they had at least 3 different jersey cuts and it made the stripe placement different on some of the players. Has anybody heard if they are going to solve this problem? It bugged me alot las year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL is going to one single template for every team, which will solve your problem. We just don't know when.

The original reports last year were that the single template would be implemented in 2010 or 2011. But there has been no confirmation of which I'm aware.

It's not going to be a requirement, this year or in the near future. There are a substantial number of players that dislike the cut and fit of the newer jerseys. There were a lot of complaints from Giants players last year. All of the Packers were asked to try them in practice, but only 5 or 6 players were willing to wear them in games.

There are also owners that are concerned that the aesthetics of the new cut are going to have a negative impact on sales at the cash register.

The NFL is going to one single template for every team, which will solve your problem. We just don't know when.

The original reports last year were that the single template would be implemented in 2010 or 2011. But there has been no confirmation of which I'm aware.

It's not going to be a requirement, this year or in the near future. There are a substantial number of players that dislike the cut and fit of the newer jerseys. There were a lot of complaints from Giants players last year. All of the Packers were asked to try them in practice, but only 5 or 6 players were willing to wear them in games.

There are also owners that are concerned that the aesthetics of the new cut are going to have a negative impact on sales at the cash register.

Somehow, someway, sleeves on football jerseys are deserving for a comeback, that way, the traditional designs don't have to be chopped and screwed.

Wasn't there a rumor out there that there would be multiple uniform cuts that would be standard to each position on the field? I thought I read that on here somewhere. IOW, the lineman would have no sleeves what so ever while QB's, RB's and WR's would have a different sort of cut. Maybe It was just wishful thinking but I thought I read it on here before.

Wasn't there a rumor out there that there would be multiple uniform cuts that would be standard to each position on the field? I thought I read that on here somewhere. IOW, the lineman would have no sleeves what so ever while QB's, RB's and WR's would have a different sort of cut. Maybe It was just wishful thinking but I thought I read it on here before.

I think that's just wishful thinking, because what you're describing is essentially what they have now. (Most) QBs have one cut, linemen have another, and backs have a third.

The new uniform template is designed to standardize the cut. Each team will have one uniform template, worn by everyone from the center to the kicker.

Here's Eli Manning from two years ago, wearing the old Giants quarterback jersey template. Note that his jersey has open sleeves, common to the position - in recent years the most of the top quarterbacks, including Rodgers, Brady, Favre, Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning all wore sleeves without elastic.

09000d5d805c6e00_gallery_600.jpg

And here's Eli from this past season, where he's wearing the same cap-sleeved jersey cut as the linemen.

09000d5d814c49a0_gallery_600.jpg

Those new jersey cuts the Giants, Packers, and some Bengals players have is absolutely hideous. It looks like it changed the color of the Giants' blue, and it loooks like Eli is struggling to even go through his throwing motion.

dont you think that might just be the picture

Those new jersey cuts the Giants, Packers, and some Bengals players have is absolutely hideous. It looks like it changed the color of the Giants' blue, and it loooks like Eli is struggling to even go through his throwing motion.

dont you think that might just be the picture

A LOT of players complained about the tightness of the jersey.

You can't read anything about the throwing motion into one still photo. Especially from a guy like Eli Manning, who photographs very poorly:

Philadelphia_Eagles_v_7179.jpg

Even under the most controlled circumstances his body language is incredibly awkward:

eli-manning.jpg

But yes, the color will look different. Not that they've changed the team color, but because the new jersey material has a slight matte finish instead of the shiny look we've come to expect in recent years.

And, as somebody noted on another thread, the Giants have lost the red triangle at the throat. Not compatible with the new template. Remains to see what will happen with other teams' designs - the Packers have, unfortunately, kept all their striping so far.

I'm skeptical about the supposed implementation of a single cut. If you look at this picture of Brandon Jacobs (and most other players who wore the new new jersey, like Joseph Addai), you can see that the sleeves are definitely shorter and there is no seam on the shoulder between the TV numerals and the Reebok logo; it's a one-piece yoke, basically. You can see the shoulder seam better here and here.

Eli has much more space between his TV numerals and his Reebok logo (in addition to that seam) and it appears from this angle that the seam coming from the neck goes under the arm, creating an actual 'sleeve' with an elastic cuff while Jacobs' jersey has the seam beginning at the neck and going straight into what is basically an armhole in a sleeveless shirt that's been subsequently stretched over shoulder pads.

Putting aside the specifics of it all, they are definitely not the same cut.

EDIT: Here's a good one. You can see on Eli's cut, the stripes go all the way around the sleeve (or at least a portion of them do, as I can't quite tell from the harsh angle). Been a while since we've seen that on a tight-fit jersey, huh? I definitely would not mind Eli's cut as the universal template. Good compromise if you ask me. Eli's stripes also look narrower than the others', but that is probably because they are not stretched over the shoulder pads since they are actually on a sleeve.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow - not sure how Eli's stripes are wrapping like that. Even players who don't have the super cut sleeves like the lineman in the background of that shot still don't have sleeves that descend enough to have full stripes. Would like to see another view of that jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's a bunch of closeups of Eli on Getty. His jersey, which definitely IS made of the new material, has actual (short) sleeves with stripes that wrap all the way around, unlike the linemen, backs and receivers who wore the cut. I think David Garrard wore the sleeveless cut that the other players wore as well. Eli's the only one (that I know of) with sleeves, and (probably as a result of some sort of cause/effect relationship) the only one with a seam across the shoulder on his jersey.

I believe that lineman is indeed wearing the 'super-cut' sleeves that the other testers wore as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i really like the look, cut and fit of the new jersey. it tightens up all that slack and sloppyness that is really evident in Eli's previous jersey. though as a former player i can tell you, it does become hard to move with your pads on if the jersey is too tight. its not comfortable at all.

i dont see it restricting Eli's throwing motion though, if it did he wouldnt wear it. look at the last picture Andrew posted of him and you see Eli in the "zero" position where the elbow is above the shoulder and ahead of the ball while both shoulders are square to the target. this lets the elbow get into a "safe" spot where there is no stress on the arm (no pain after throwing 40 times) and allows the tricep to "fire" will full strength. the throwing motion is perfect

one thing Reebok has to do to this jersey is get the color right. it may be the matte material but watching Addai and Hayden of Indy last year really bothered me. their jerseys were obviously a lighter color. not sure if thats an issue with other teams or not.

oh and why does Reebok put the logo on the shoulder anyway? thats got to be the worst place possible. why not put it on the back above NOB like the hockey jerseys so it dosent have to compete for space with stripes and numbers?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

oh and why does Reebok put the logo on the shoulder anyway? thats got to be the worst place possible. why not put it on the back above NOB like the hockey jerseys so it dosent have to compete for space with stripes and numbers?

I've asked that a million times. It'd work so much better back there.

There are a few reasons I can think of why they don't:

1. Long hair would cover it up. See Troy Polamalu (sp)

2. Only allows for one logo, while the sleeves allow for two.

3. Most photographs are of players running or moving forward, and are shot from the side, where the sleeve logo would be visible.

4. It creeps up against the team logos (for most teams), so it makes fans subliminally associate the RBK logo with their team's logo, which (should) make them think more favorably about RBK.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't think logo positioning is Reebok's call. Look back when it was open to multiple companies, they all put it on the upper sleeve....nike, Apex, puma, adidas, etc.

Don't get me started on the ridiculous Seahawks sleeve where the bird is damn near smaller than the Reebok logo. :cursing:

That has to be the worst sleeve logo rendition in the league. Matt Hasselbeck hangs his head in shame at even having to wear it. B)

4299638.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived