Jags New Uni Prototypes?

jags1828

4299638.jpg

I know this has nothing to so with the actual point of this thread, but after seeing that picture (again), I can't help but ponder just how much cooler that 'Hawks identity would be had they originally opted for the darker blue (or, at least, a "bluer" version of it) with that lime green...or even just the Puget Slate with the lime green devoid of the navy, akin to the way the Sounders use the two colors now.

(Even further off topic...were it up to me, I'd issue a moratorium on the use of two-tone blue in pro sports, period...but that's another discussion for another time.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's near perfect as-is (though I agree with the points about the ridiculous sleeve logo size.)

It could use more green against the slate blue, but I think they use the navy really well (I'm still undecided about the navy pants - I think I like the regular blue pants better.)

I also love the road look, though I'll concede that it should probably have some navy to tie it in more with the home uni. Not sure how I'd implement that though.

I like the slate blue they use (or pacific blue? puget blue? I can't remember). I think that anything bluer would make them look more "smurfish", and I probably wouldn't like their monochrome look as much as I do now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't think logo positioning is Reebok's call. Look back when it was open to multiple companies, they all put it on the upper sleeve....nike, Apex, puma, adidas, etc.

i wonder if its just done out of tradition then?

Vet made some good points about the positioning but the final result is it looks terrible and shouldnt be there. there must be a better way

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think it's near perfect as-is (though I agree with the points about the ridiculous sleeve logo size.)

It could use more green against the slate blue, but I think they use the navy really well (I'm still undecided about the navy pants - I think I like the regular blue pants better.)

I also love the road look, though I'll concede that it should probably have some navy to tie it in more with the home uni. Not sure how I'd implement that though.

I like the slate blue they use (or pacific blue? puget blue? I can't remember). I think that anything bluer would make them look more "smurfish", and I probably wouldn't like their monochrome look as much as I do now.

Agreed, Vet. For what they were going for when they unveiled this identity update, I believe they hit the nail square on the head (by the way, I believe it's officially called "Seahawk Blue"--puget slate is just my made-up name for it ^_^ ). I do like them as is...but, at the same time, being the color fanatic that I am, I oftentimes still wonder "what if?" about the dark blue/lime combo I mentioned earlier. (In fact, I think I did a concept on that idea once...Imma have to go dig through those and see.)

Vet made some good points about the positioning but the final result is it looks terrible and shouldnt be there. there must be a better way

I believe there is...and it's something that only recently I've begun to wonder if the Hawks should do...and that is move those TV numbers down to the sleeves, if they're not going to enlarge that 'hawk.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Don't think logo positioning is Reebok's call. Look back when it was open to multiple companies, they all put it on the upper sleeve....nike, Apex, puma, adidas, etc.

He generally does.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here's how the placement works - at least in the official specs:

SeattleSeahawks_TLPS_2008-9999_SOL.png

Don't get me started on the ridiculous Seahawks sleeve where the bird is damn near smaller than the Reebok logo. :cursing:

That has to be the worst sleeve logo rendition in the league. Matt Hasselbeck hangs his head in shame at even having to wear it. B)

4299638.jpg

seahawks.jpg

Wonder why they didn't just stick with what they had planned. That sleeve logo looks much better.

The helmet wouldn't have matched any jerseys, pants, or socks. Matching is aesthetically pleasing. Enough with the silver helmet love already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The helmet wouldn't have matched any jerseys, pants, or socks. Matching is aesthetically pleasing. Enough with the silver helmet love already.

I don't think he's talking about the silver helmet. I believe he's referring to the larger Seahawk logo on the sleeves, as opposed to the current one, which is about equal in size to the Reebok vector.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't think he's talking about the silver helmet. I believe he's referring to the larger Seahawk logo on the sleeves, as opposed to the current one, which is about equal in size to the Reebok vector.

Sorry, I saw the silver helmet in the photo and got trigger-happy. Man, I've gone so off the rails here. This isn't funny anymore.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Don't get me started on the ridiculous Seahawks sleeve where the bird is damn near smaller than the Reebok logo. :cursing:

That has to be the worst sleeve logo rendition in the league. Matt Hasselbeck hangs his head in shame at even having to wear it. B)

4299638.jpg

Yeah, he's hanging his head in shame of the uniform, but it isn't the sleeve logo he's thinking of.

Yeah, the silver helmet was a bad idea. Still, the white on blue and blue on white looks and the larger sleeve logo are improvements over what they wear now.

Maybe it's just because I'm used to the blue on blue, but I think the white pants just contrast the darkness of the blue/navy jersey too much. There just doesn't seem to be enough white in the jersey (or blue in the pants) to balance it out. Maybe if the side stripe was wider. Maybe.

Yeah, all I was referring to was the size of the original sleeve logo.

Here's how the placement works - at least in the official specs:

SeattleSeahawks_TLPS_2008-9999_SOL.png

Good way to illustrate the point. The NFL specifies the placement and size of licensee logos on the uniforms. If the licensee should change, the new licensee would have to (presumably) fit its logo into the template by placing its logo in the proper locations (each sleeve and the right hip of the pant) and fitting it within the size parameters of the box.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The NFL may specify it, but do you think that the licensee would flip out if the NFL decided to change where it specifies it goes? I wonder if that location is actually negotiated in the deal with the licensee.

09000d5d814c49a0_gallery_600.jpg

That expression is hilarious. He looks absolutely shocked and disgusted, like in the middle of the play he looked over and saw the Cowboys' mascot taking a big dump right there on the sideline or something. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

i would suggest the seahawks take a page out of the titans uniform book. make an alternate that is just an inverse of colors then eventually turn it into the every week home jersey. have the seahawks switch the navy and the pacific blue on their jerseys and keep the helmet the pacific blue. i may be in the minority, but i love the navy pants. and i think they could be worked into the uniform quite well, especially with the white jersey.

Miami.png

Archived