Iconic Baseball Logo Concept

Osborne

I wanted to create a baseball logo/team with an timeless iconic look. Think Yankees, Red Sox, etc. Something that looks as good today as it will in 100 years. Tall order, I know, but this is what I came up with. C&C!

ArkansasDiamondsLogos-2.jpg

Why not check out my blog? Oneoff Nation

It's a very nice concept, but not timeless. You've got two contrasting sets here. The light blue uniform is detached from the third and the first one blends them all together. Pick one identity and stick with it.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Timelessness is often associated with the drastically simple. What you've got is way too polished for timeless. It's very well done as a concept as tvko said, but my advice is to focus on making the primary color the absolute focus and take out a lot of elements. Lose the light blue strokes and pick a jersey scheme with the sleeves.

Otherwise as it stands this is a cool baseball and logo concept, the rendering is excellent. Just not timeless! Keep it up!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It looks like a softball uniform.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I get that I missed the mark, but I don't think that is the "opposite" of timeless. I think the simplicity would build value overtime. It isn't like all the new over beveled over shaded 5-6 color designs being cranked out right now. I don't think this would get dated as bad.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the feedback.

I'm in the mood so I'll give some feedback. First off the quality is top notch. And I really like this idea. I don't think the "s" is necessary at all though. The word-marks are a thing of beauty, especially the script. No change there at all, and the colors are beautiful. I don't know if going for a time-less look is correct, but it is iconic, which could be timeless of course, over time. There's no way to determine something being time-less right now, but what you have is a great, great logo mark imo.

As I said, imo, this is a great icon, especially for baseball, and a hidden "gem" (bad pun I know) in the diamond itself. Don't know if you meant it or not, but this part could really be fleshed out:

hiddena.gif

Just my thoughts, I think you have something great to work with here. Again, I think the "s" takes away from the logo mark as the pluralization is implied, and is unnecessary. The diamond inside the baseball diamond is nice too, I'd work with that idea as well.

I'm in the mood so I'll give some feedback. First off the quality is top notch. And I really like this idea. I don't think the "s" is necessary at all though. The word-marks are a thing of beauty, especially the script. No change there at all, and the colors are beautiful. I don't know if going for a time-less look is correct, but it is iconic, which could be timeless of course, over time. There's no way to determine something being time-less right now, but what you have is a great, great logo mark imo.

As I said, imo, this is a great icon, especially for baseball, and a hidden "gem" (bad pun I know) in the diamond itself. Don't know if you meant it or not, but this part could really be fleshed out:

hiddena.gif

Just my thoughts, I think you have something great to work with here. Again, I think the "s" takes away from the logo mark as the pluralization is implied, and is unnecessary. The diamond inside the baseball diamond is nice too, I'd work with that idea as well.

Thanks for the feedback! Very constructive. I will work on fleshing out that hidden A in the diamond. I see your point on the s being unnecessary. But I really like how that s turned out. Oh well maybe I can recycle it on another project.

It's nicely done, and maybe that's the problem with trying to make it look timeless. It's a tall task to try and make something look timeless. It just looks too clean and crisp to seem old. That being said, I do like the creative yet simple idea you have here. If you can incorporate that A into it, I think that would really make this a winner, timeless or not.

Alright lets scratch the "Timeless" idea...That was too tall of an order.

I do want to keep it simple. Taking creativelysain's advice I worked up a hidden "A" and dropped the s... I also tweaked the shape of the diamond to get away from that Dayton Gems logo.

Thoughts?

ArkansasDiamondsOptions.jpg

I think in my previous post i unintentionally described your logo the best way possible; generic. Therefore destroying the iconic look you were going for. This update is much better! This is something that I could see a professional team using. I like the double blue version better. For some reason I have an easier time seeing the diamond in it. Great stuff!

I do want to keep it simple. Taking creativelysain's advice I worked up a hidden "A" and dropped the s... I also tweaked the shape of the diamond to get away from that Dayton Gems logo.

Thoughts?

Getting there but looks a little too '50s BTW I like option 2 better

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Thoughts?

A very nice update. I love the detailing added to the diamond. I prefer Option 2 also. But I think that if you're going to have the bases and home plate on the logo, they may need to be a bit bigger.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived