Astros Rebrand

whchoclte

I did an Indians a few weeks back and been tweaking an Astros design that I thought would suit an MLB team.

The idea behind the design is to give the retro look a modern feel. The main elements in the design are the orbits running from houston into space, a modernized Astros wordmark from their original unis, with the addition of shooting stars in some.

Top Row features the words Houston baseball around logo. Mid Row has the shooting stars all the way around and Bottom row has none of those.

Left Column Blends from Orange to Yellow, Middle Column there is Yellow added no additional and Right Column Just Orange and Navy.

Personally I like that little yellow highlight in logo. Doesnt necessarily mean its on unis but adds a certain 80's feel to it.

I showed all just to get a sense of feel on what could be. My personal favs are to use the top row middle for a alt logo and middle row middle logo for the main.

That being said I went ahead and did some unis that tie into the design. Didnt want to do the three lined shooting star as i think its very dated instead wanted to tie in a new shooting star from logo that had the current star modern feel with that point going out. The star just looks better underneath the wordmark.

Stayed away from Orange hats on all as it can be an alt. Think the Navy hat is classier and with the orange numbers really pops.

Hope everyone has a Happy Holidays and enjoy. As always critique away.

You, sir, might have just produced the greatest Astros concept ever on these boards. The logo is amazing...a perfect modernization of a classic logo. Personally I like the top left, then the middle left. The slight gradient helps the yellow pop a little more. The uniforms are great as well. The shooting star under the wordmarks looks really good, and I love the number font.

Great job with them. I personally prefer a darker orange, and I anticipate we may see a color that's in between the old orange and current brick. Perhaps a darker blue as well.

Is the "Houston Baseball" work mark the same type face as "ASTROS"? Looks a little different, but hard to see (I seem to prefer it to the "ASTROS" font).

I see what you did with the yellow, but my favorite might be top right. I love the shooting stars. I don't love the [unintended] isotope design, but it reminds me of the late-90s Rockets logo.

I think the consensus for most people is the "Star-H" will return, though I'd love to find a way for the organization to bring back the "Star-H" and keep the open star (as separate identities of course). Perhaps one can be a patch, secondary logo, or on an alternate cap.

Overall I think you've done a great job at equally sharing the "old Texas" (think: trains and cowboys) with modern Houston (space).

I'm only seeing black background with any orange being the only thing showing up.

But since I've already seen them in e-mail, I'll summarize my opinion. They're great. I love the star streak being below the wordmarks. I love the navy only stuff mixed with the orange trimmed in navy elements. As I told him in the e-mail, the only things I could find, and it's just being nitpicky, is the thickness of the letters (not a big deal) and the many caps, which are just shown for options. My choice would be all-navy for home, road and navy alt and either orange cap with orange jersey. The all-navy looks good with the orange jersey too.

Very good! I really like the logo in top right corner. Although I'm sorta a purist and I really think the shooting star uniforms would be perfect, you've done a great job of blending old and new. I personally hate alt and 3rd jerseys, but they seem to be pervasive and inevitable in any new identity refresh.

Love it! Although I'm not sure if the State map needs to be white with a blue outline, as at the moment, being all blue, it pulls your eye down to it. (Which is probably the point I know! lol) Not a deal breaker though, and I may add I'm by no means an expert.

I'm gonna have to co-sign with this. Right now, it's the only thing keeping this from being an absolutely perfect concept.

I like this, I like this a lot but what about adding yellow into the jerseys?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived