Oliver Gavin

Richard Westbrook

Tommy Milner

GTE Am

Corvette C6.R

Patrick Bornhauser

Julien Canal

Pedro Lamy

Also the #7 Toyota was in the garage for a extensve period of time and dropped way back in LMP1

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited that Grosjean came up second in Montreal! I feel like Lotus will be the next new team to win. They're third in manufacturers and Raikkonen and Grosjean are 5th and 6th in the standings.

I've been playing a lot of F1 online, and I've come to appreciate some tracks. Valencia is one of my favorites on the game, and I can't wait to watch the race there.

Some interesting changes coming to LeMans in 2014...

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/17/le-mans-rule-changes-for-2014-announced-engine-restrictions-eas/

-Currently, gas engines are limited in size to 3.4 liters, while diesel displacement can be no more than 3.7 liters, with further turbocharger, supercharger and air restrictor regulation on top of that. Those are all gone ? "The limitations of cylinders, restrictors and turbo pressures are removed."

Before you get ideas of this turning into a Group B for Le Mans, the cars will be limited to an "energy allotment" per lap.

-All LMP1 cars will be required to have closed cockpits, within which the driver will sit a little further forward and slightly higher to provide more visibility and, it is hoped, cut down on accidents when lapping slower traffic.

-The cars will also be thinnner. Another factory handicap (depending on how see it) is that "super-exotic materials" will be banned in order to force carmakers to use materials that apply to their mainstream vehicles and not just their supercars.

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/17/le-mans-rule-changes-for-2014-announced-engine-restrictions-eas/

-Currently, gas engines are limited in size to 3.4 liters, while diesel displacement can be no more than 3.7 liters, with further turbocharger, supercharger and air restrictor regulation on top of that. Those are all gone ? "The limitations of cylinders, restrictors and turbo pressures are removed."

Before you get ideas of this turning into a Group B for Le Mans, the cars will be limited to an "energy allotment" per lap.

-All LMP1 cars will be required to have closed cockpits, within which the driver will sit a little further forward and slightly higher to provide more visibility and, it is hoped, cut down on accidents when lapping slower traffic.

-The cars will also be thinnner. Another factory handicap (depending on how see it) is that "super-exotic materials" will be banned in order to force carmakers to use materials that apply to their mainstream vehicles and not just their supercars.

Somewhat related note, Mazda will be entering their SkyActiv Diesel engine in the LMP2 category with Dempsey (McDreamy) Racing next year.

-Currently, gas engines are limited in size to 3.4 liters, while diesel displacement can be no more than 3.7 liters, with further turbocharger, supercharger and air restrictor regulation on top of that. Those are all gone – "The limitations of cylinders, restrictors and turbo pressures are removed."

Somewhat related note, Mazda will be entering their SkyActiv Diesel engine in the LMP2 category with Dempsey (McDreamy) Racing next year.

Not only that but they'll be using SkyActiv in Grand Am's new class GX

BTW, the biggest rumor now other than Hamilton is close to resigning with McLaren & the rumors of a new "red baron" Yup, Vettel to Ferrari in 2014. You know its a big deal when the boss says both Fernando & Sebastian could co-exist

Other than that, a few other reports on speed such as the return of Mexico & the possible end of Valencia (sorry RaySox)

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-grand-prix-news-briefs140/

baltimoreravens.png

the F1 race wasn't on SPEED this morning, so I didn't get to watch, anyone know why?

I was like, oh well and went back to sleep, and checked twitter about 9 with Vettel and Grosjean in the lead during a full course caution. I went to sleep hoping my man would bring home a win.

I get up and check the results first thing. Grosjean and Vettel get DNFS, and Fernando Alonso came from 11th to win at Valencia. Raikkonen finished in 2nd, Schumacher gets a podium.

So, what exactly happened to Vettel and Grosjean?

EDIT: they both exited with separate alternator problems, and the race is on FOX this afternoon.

I know I'm not a fan of Valencia... but oh man, that was a excellent race. Good to see Schumi back on the podium, along with an emotional Alonso finally winning in Valencia. Lew & Seb had some issues, then again in Lewis' case, dealing with Pastor, more bad pit situations & so on & so forth, I wouldn't have a good day either. Roman had the same issues as Seb, I just feel bad for him, he has an awesome car, but he either wrecks or has an issue with the car. IMO, this has been F1's best season in a long time.

Speaking of issues with the car, in Iowa, Dario's engine blew up before the race started, but the race was very entertaining, Ryan Hunter Reay went back to back while the usual contenders like will & dario basically were out of the race (in Will's case, wrecked) as did Mayor Hinch :( either way, Andretti Autosport means business.

2 weeks for F1 we go to Silverstone & Indy goes to Toronto

baltimoreravens.png

• 2 weeks later...

Results for the IndyCar Race in Toronto:

1. Ryan Hunter-Reay (3 wins in a row)

2. Charlie Kimball ("The Inspiration" [Highest finishing position in his career])

3. Mike Conway

Ryan Hunter-Reay takes over the championship lead over Will Power (who finished in 15th) by 34 points. On to Edmonton in 2 weeks.

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Results from Silverstone in F1

1. Webber

2. Alonso

3. Vettel

Alonso retains the drivers lead while Red Bull leads in Constructor's

Massa finished 4th & Schumi finished 7th, which is quite impressive for the season they both had. Maldonado & Kobayashi both were fined due their antics during the race, which this doesn't surprise with Maldonado but Kobayashi kind of suprprised me.

baltimoreravens.png

Results for the IndyCar Race in Edmonton:

1. Helio Castroneves(2nd win this season)

2. Takuma Sato (Highest finishing position in his IndyCar career)

3. Will Power

7. Ryan Hunter-Reay

Points Standings After Edmonton

1. Ryan Hunter-Reay (362 points)

2. Helio Castroneves (-23)

3. Will Power (-26)

On to the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (near Mansfield).

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Results from F1 in Germany

1 Fernando Alonso

2 Jenson Button

3 Kimi Räikkönen

4 Kamui Kobayashi

5 Sebastian Vettel

6 Sergio Perez

7 Michael Schumacher

8 Mark Webber

9 Nico Hulkenberg

10 Nico Rosberg

Vettel originally finished 2nd but due to his two wheel flight, he was deducted 30 seconds & Jenson was rather upset with the "move", then again he had a better day than Lewis. I was rather impressed by Schumi, maybe he's finally getting back to the swing of things.

There is also "another" report of VW getting involved with F1

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-grand-prix-news-briefs144/P2

Sauber Fuels Rumors Of VW Tie-Up: Peter Sauber at Hockenheim said just enough to kindle speculation the Swiss team could team up with German car giant Volkswagen. When told there are rumors of a possible tie-up between his Hinwil-based team and VW, Sauber said: "Indeed it is so." Blick newspaper said the common link between Sauber and VW could be Jurgen Hubbert, Mercedes' former chief. Sauber confirmed: "At the Geneva motor show we had a meeting with (Volkswagen chairman Martin) Winterkorn. We are certainly not going to make public the content of the conversation," he insisted. Sauber also added fuel to paddock rumors the team's former technical boss James Key could be headed to Toro Rosso to replace the vacationing Giorgio Ascanelli. "I've heard that," the 68-year-old said simply.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived