Open Wheel Racing Chat

KDubK414

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we only knew :'( You are missed Dan, you would've made a hell of a driver with Andretti.

As for Massa, this was no surprise. I still say we are going to keep hearing that this is a temporary fix, till Seb shows up. Who can say.

baltimoreravens.png

http://www.racer.com...article/263645/

NBC officially confirmed the move on Monday, now with exclusive media rights in the U.S. Beyond airing on TV, all 20 races will be live streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra, the NBC Sports Group's live-stream platform that is available online at NBCSports.com as well as on mobile and tablet apps.

NBC will dedicate 100 hours annually, but what does that really mean to the difference of hours after 20 races? If each race is roughly 90 minutes in real time, then the programming block is still 2 hour block minimum.

On the FOX side, please note that SPEED is to become FOX Sports 1 soon with both it and NBC Sports Channel efforting to get to basic cable. The new MLB contract places more games on the SPEED feed plus some of the new FOX/NASCAR may also more there too. NASCAR just got a rights increase for the first time in a decade and part of that is live streaming of events.

Can't beleive its been a year. You're still missed Dan.

I'm not sold on these rumours about Vettel going to Ferarri. How exactly would it work with the Scuderia's insistance on a number 1 driver? Can't see Alonso wanting to be a rear gunner for the entire season.

Didn't see this coming..

Motoring company Cosworth puts itself on sale

The company had been waiting to test the market with a flotation, but the owners have now instructed UBS to find a buyer for the business renowned for being powerhouse in the world of motorsport engineering, The Times reports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/9614006/Motoring-company-Cosworth-puts-itself-on-sale.html

I wonder if any F1 team looking for a new engine supplier *hint* would be willing to snap it up?

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

Can't beleive its been a year. You're still missed Dan.

I'm not sold on these rumours about Vettel going to Ferarri. How exactly would it work with the Scuderia's insistance on a number 1 driver? Can't see Alonso wanting to be a rear gunner for the entire season.

Didn't see this coming..

Motoring company Cosworth puts itself on sale

The company had been waiting to test the market with a flotation, but the owners have now instructed UBS to find a buyer for the business renowned for being powerhouse in the world of motorsport engineering, The Times reports.

http://www.telegraph...lf-on-sale.html

I wonder if any F1 team looking for a new engine supplier *hint* would be willing to snap it up?

Yeah I don't think it'll happen either but it keeps coming back over & over & over so if it happens, then it does.

As for Cosworth, its a sad day & if a body isn't found, this could lead to the end to Marussia & HRT which may not be a bad thing. Then again, if & that's a big if someone buys Cosworth, they'll stay in IMO. I could always Ford could come back, buy them & revive what was great. Either that or say hello to Porsche, Audi, Toyota or Honda coming in (hopefully).

baltimoreravens.png

Day keeps getting better.... :/

http://formula-one.s...-race-postponed

Jersey postponed til 14, this sucks.

Although....

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-grand-prix-news-briefs154/

Ferrari Would Welcome Porsche To F1: Luca di Montezemolo has admitted he would welcome Porsche to Formula One. The VW-brand has played down the latest rumors about a V6-powered Grand Prix foray on the back of its forthcoming return to Le Mans, but Ferrari president Montezemolo said: "I feel great respect for Porsche, who I consider the main rival of many of our cars. Competition is always welcome, especially when you're sure you will win," the Italian is quoted by Spain's AS newspaper. But even with Porsche rejecting the latest speculation, the German newspaper Kolner Express said all the signs are pointing toward a 2016 foray for the famous sports car maker.

Wouldn't mind a battle of two horses IMO

baltimoreravens.png

They'd need a shed load of money to make HRT competative. I guess they could just buy the entry on the grid, but I think there would be no end of hurdles to jump over for that to happen.

As for New Jersey, can't say I'm overly surprised. It always had an edge of wishful thinking about it.. still I guess they might still pull it off for '14.... or better yet, maybe Bernie ought to start looking for another venue in the US.

http://www.racer.com/tony-george-resigns-from-hulman-company-board-of-directors/article/264540/

“Tony George has made the difficult decision to resign from the board because of his involvement with a group that has recently expressed an interest in purchasing the Hulman & Company-owned IndyCar organization,” said Jeff Belskus, Hulman & Company president and CEO. “While the business is not for sale and no offers to sell it have been considered or are being considered, we applaud Tony's efforts to resolve the appearance of a conflict and appreciate the gravity of this decision.”

Either a sign he's done or he's just getting started again, I hope for the first, good riddance.

baltimoreravens.png

Yeah, Istanbul is nice. I like Valencia, but that's with the Spain race now. 19 seems off because it isn't a round number, I think it should be capped at 20, and just adjust accordingly

If only France could get one!

As popular as the Otodrom is I'm against it returning, I just feel that there never was much support there for F1.

As for number of races, we had 17 for quite a while, so they're not concerned about uneven race numbers. I guess they could parachute another race into the slot for Port Imperial, but I have a feeling that it'll just be left vacant.

Well, I could've always hope they would've go back to Indy but after the last debacle years ago, I doubt they'll go back unless something miraculous happen but think about this, in 2014 Russia, Jersey & Thailand will allegedly be added. So we will get our fill soon enough.

Now Schumi is adding to the Vettel to Ferrari rumors...

Vettel Could Join Ferrari For 'Challenge' - Schumacher: Michael Schumacher has admitted his former protege and friend Sebastian Vettel might accept the "new challenge" of a Ferrari cockpit. Felipe Massa's new contract for just 2013 has only intensified speculation that the Ferrari door for Red Bull's double world champion is wide open. Some think the 25-year-old German has signed some sort of 2014 'option.' Schumacher is quoted in Berlin by DPA news agency: "Seb speaks in high tones about Ferrari, but I don't know what the future holds."

Referring to the Vettel rumors, Schumacher added: "At some point, it may be that he is looking for a new challenge, too."

I shall refer to it as the rumor that just won't die.

baltimoreravens.png

Rumors & notes....

'No Way' McLaren To Stay With Mercedes As Customer: McLaren is reportedly seeking a new engine partner for its famous Formula One team. The Woking-based team has been powered by Mercedes engines since 1995, but the German carmaker now has its own, entirely separate works team.... Honda, the Japanese carmaker that in the past enjoyed a successful F1 partnership with McLaren, has been mentioned as a possible alternative, particularly with the sport's rules switching from V8 to turbo V6s in 2014... The Sun newspaper said McLaren is indeed "looking to ditch Mercedes and reunite with Honda." "There is no way McLaren will stay as a customer for Mercedes engines," a source is quoted as saying.

Qatar Targets F1 Testing, Race: Arab state Qatar is pushing to become F1's next new host. The Losail circuit, built in 2004 and located just outside the capital Doha, already stages a night race for MotoGP. And the president of Qatar's motor racing federation, Nasser bin Khalifa Al Attiyah, has revealed that Losail is bidding "to get the license which would allow us to host F1 teams for preseason testing and other activities. F1 race director Charlie Whiting was here to inspect the Losail circuit," he said. "He was impressed with what he saw." The AFP news agency quoted Al Attiyah as saying preseason testing for the 2013 season, and "eventually a Grand Prix," is Qatar's goal.

Please let the Honda rumor be true, plus I think Qatar could be better than Bahrain IMO.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived