Open Wheel Racing Chat

KDubK414

I doubt a GP 2 will come up anytime soon, it'll either be a former driver or a car supplier. Or HRT could just disappear altogether. I could always hope for a US based team, only not to implode like USF1 did.

EDIT: came across this little gem :P

f1-raikkonen-t-shirt-abu-inline.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kimi printed them himself I heard, so that's funny.

I would love to see an American GP series. There's a lot of race able tracks in the Americas that would draw attention to the series for the positive.

Somehow knew that Kimi had a sense of humor despite his antics. I think an American GP series is needed if they want F1 to thrive, I've even joked that Uncle Bernie should just buy IndyCar & stop the bleeding.

baltimoreravens.png

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-andretti-sports-marketing-working-on-ft-lauderdale-street-race

Michael Andretti’s promotion group helped rescue Milwaukee and Baltimore in 2012 and now it’s trying to close a deal to bring IndyCar to Fort Lauderdale, Fla. in 2013.

Following a Tuesday meeting with the Broward County Commission, Andretti Sports Marketing president John Lopes said it remains a work in progress but he’s encouraged by the show of support.

Ryan Hunter-Reay, who captured the 2012 IZOD IndyCar title in dramatic fashion for Andretti Autosport, resides in Fort Lauderdale and it was his idea to bring the series back next to the Atlantic Ocean.

“Absolutely, it all began with Ryan and it’s his vision,” acknowledged Lopes. “It’s a cool layout along highway A1A and if it happens it would be spectacular.

“Kinda like the USA version of Surfer’s Paradise (longtime CART race on Australia’s Gold Coast).”

Make....this....happen

baltimoreravens.png

^I second that opinion. Sounds like a great place to have an event.

Can you believe we're hours away from Free Practice 1 of the US GP? And in Texas of all places. It only seems a few months ago there was all that speculation of the race being given to that private track in upstate New York, then out of nowhere comes Austin. "It'll never happen" they said. Well they only went and did it.

Here's hoping for a great event, one that will become another highlight on the calendar for years to come.

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

God, I wish I was there, The track looks amazing. One of these days, I will get to an F1 race. I've already been to a NASCAR race, I'll get to an IndyCar race someday but I will get to an F1 race someday.

Well, we got our F1 crew in the U.S.

http://www.racer.com/nbc-sports-confirms-2013-f1-announcing-crew/article/268516/

NBC Sports has confirmed its announcers' lineup for its coverage of Formula 1 races beginning next season, hiring three veteran talents from SPEED – but not the same lineup that SPEED currently employs. Veteran motorsports voices Leigh Diffey will serve as play-by-play man for both NBC Sports Network's F1 and IZOD IndyCar Series coverage. David Hobbs (analyst) and Steve Matchett (analyst) will move over from SPEED to form the new broadcast team for the NBC Sports Group's F1 coverage, which begins in March 2013. Additionally, Diffey will call IZOD IndyCar races on NBC Sports Network, following the retirement of legendary motorsports voice Bob Jenkins at the end of this season.

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad but I'm kind of bummed that Varsha wasn't able to get out, but hey, Hobbs is back & that makes me happy& Leigh IMO, is pretty good, I hope he can breathe some life into IndyCar & F1. Hopefully Varsha will join in a few years. Better yet, get Buxton, he would fit in just fine with Indy.

Also some engine changes planned in 2014 Toro Rosso is going to Renault, Force India is going with Ferrari if they're around long enough.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-grand-prix-news-briefs157/

& last but not least... the world's worst kept secret in IndyCar...

1122888_article_img_xlarge3.jpg

Rahal signs with daddy.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived