Top 5 non BCS colleges in division 1 that needs a new logo

Burkell007

So my top 5 schools that are not in a bcs conference that needs a new logo:

1. Oral Roberts- it's not the 90's and it's a cartoon, yep time for a change

2. Radford- for a team called the highlanders they can do MUCH more then a simple "ru" and call it a day.

3. Saint Louis - it just winked and smiled at me, creepy!

4. Fairleigh Dickinson - the knight needs to be upgraded in a modern way

5. Wofford - time to modernize the "w" and add a terrier logo.

Oh and I don't count the MEAC & SWAC cause I can make a list based off of most of those.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I did count those conferences in my list Howard would by FAR be #1 they did copy the bills right? or did the bills copy from them?

I went to Howard University. Their claim is that they used the logo first, but never legally protected it. Now they do have archived photos in the schools library showing Howard's football team using the logo, but there are no dates on the photos to confirm usage before the Buffalo Bills. For what it's worth, having seen the actual photos while I was a student at Howard. The photos did look like they could be from the mid to late 1960s (the Bills began using the logo in 1974). Apparently they have some agreement with the Buffalo Bills to allow Howard to use it without fee or penalty.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Savannah St tried I think. I went to go look for their logo to post but found one I haven't seen before.

I thought this was their current

7109.gif

But then I found this.

SSU-Logo.jpg

As the kids of ten years ago would say, "Hella better!"

Is that still their official logo? I see this one used more often.

lxsoX_zps521f9502.png

Not as bad as the severed head but still weird for a sports logo. Looks like a logo for an enemy space alien fleet in a video game.

also my alma mater...drove me nuts when I arrived in Dayton as a freshmen and realized they had no actual logo but just a "flying" wordmark

6867.gif

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Is that still their official logo? I see this one used more often.

lxsoX_zps521f9502.png

This has always reminded me of the generic designs Nike use on football shirts. Keeping the same football but replacing the school logos in the middle. Maybe BC copied? I think the monogram would work fine on it's own.

Archived