Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting way ahead of myself and it's still a dream, but I can't wait to see the designs and logo for the new arena. Marc Lasry recently purchased the penthouse at 55 Central Park West, AKA "Ghostbusters" building:

heres-a-shot-of-the-glassed-in-pavilion-

the-skyline-looks-spectacular-too_zps2b6

It looks like the family has lots of fun decorating their home for Halloween:

the-inflatable-mummy-isnt-so-scary-thoug

Maybe a peek into the future at the "Ghostbusters" arena?:

1000px-The_Psychokinetic_Atmospheric_Inf

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

I was looking for pictures on the "new" Bucks' website and came across this. I've never seen this before, and find it strange and childish. It appears photoshopped, could it be the work of a disgruntled employee?:

ScreenShot2014-04-19at65809PM_zps737e325

ScreenShot2014-04-19at70329PM_zpsfeb1f9a

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

I was looking for pictures on the "new" Bucks' website and came across this. I've never seen this before, and find it strange and childish. It appears photoshopped, could it be the work of a disgruntled employee?:

ScreenShot2014-04-19at65809PM_zps737e325

ScreenShot2014-04-19at70329PM_zpsfeb1f9a

Not childish at all. Most TV stations did this type of humorous art works when the station was having difficulties. A way of lighting the mood. Looks like the Bucks were just having fun with it.

nbc-tech.png

I always liked the Bucks uniforms worn in the Sidney Moncrief / Don Nelson era. Felt that they had the right amount of red / green distribution, and the multi-colored green panels on the sides bordered by red were greatness, as was the type font.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Heard on the radio today that Aaron Rodgers was interested in becoming a minority owner of the Bucks. FWIW.

illwauk - had to do a double take on your Appleton comment. Then laughed my @$$ off when I realized what you were looking at.

It's where I sit.

That reminds me, last summer I was visiting friends and family in Wisconsin and went to a Green Bay Packers scrimmage at Lambeau Field. After the show we stopped at a gas station convenience store, and we were notified that we missed meeting Aaron Rodgers by about 5 minutes. I was disappointed but then I remembered I'm a Raiders fan. :P

bSLCtu2.png

That reminds me, last summer I was visiting friends and family in Wisconsin and went to a Green Bay Packers scrimmage at Lambeau Field. After the show we stopped at a gas station convenience store, and we were notified that we missed meeting Aaron Rodgers by about 5 minutes. I was disappointed but then I remembered I'm a Raiders fan. :P

Like the time I was at LAX, talking to an airport employee. I mentioned how I'd finally got to see a real NBA game whilst I was in town (a lifelong dream), when she mentioned that a team had just been through minutes earlier. I got excited, and a little disappointed that I'd missed them, when she told me that it was the Clippers (in the midst of another 65+ loss season). I never did get over not meeting the likes of Keith Closs, Jeff McInnis and the Kandi Man... :lol:

Here's the ESPN 30 for 30 Shorts: 'MECCA: The Floor That Made Milwaukee Famous':

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11020526

Nice doc, but ever since the MECCA floor came back to Milwaukee, I've gotten increasingly irritated at how every historical account of it ignores the 90s when UWM played on it. Sure, they may have been a brand new D1 program that didn't see the success on the floor that the Bucks and MU did, but they were the last team to ever use it as their home floor and did so for 8 seasons. That's worthy of at least a foot note.

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting quote from Marc Lasry in yesterday's JSOnline article (very bottom):

The new owner said he wanted to change the colors of the Bucks jersey but found out it wasn't that easy.

"There are a lot of things I would like to see," Lasry said. "You would think as the owner you could have some choices.

"It doesn't really work that way. You have to get the NBA's approval to change the colors. You have to get the NBA's approval for anything, which was a bit of a surprise. I thought we could do things.

"It takes about a year, so we're talking to them about different things. We're trying to get a bunch of suggestions from people. I've been told purple is out because that's the dreaded (Minnesota) Vikings.

"But I do think we need to have a little bit different color scheme."

A very late reply, but thanks Shadojoker!

I recently came across this vintage 1950 pennant from the opening of the Milwaukee Arena (MECCA, Wisconsin Center, US Cellular, now UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena) and thought it was interesting that it’s in Bucks’ colors eighteen years before Milwaukee was awarded a franchise. Maybe this is the origin of the team’s forest green, red and white?:

1950MilwaukeeSportsArena17quotminipennan

1950 decal:

1950-MilwaukeeSportsArenawatertransferde

I like this lime and '69-70 "white" Bango (maybe Ren can make a white one of his update):

1977MilwaukeeArenaticketBucksvsKnicks_zp

ScreenShot2014-06-23at104119AM_zps134ae8

Once again.. great finds. I know the Hawks wore red and white for part of their tenure in Milwaukee. Maybe the green background is just a coincidence?

Archived