Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

Just something I found while browsing the "Unused Sports Uniforms" thread, a forest green alternate proposed by the Bucks in 2004-5:

MilwaukeeBucks_AU_2005.jpg

BucksUnusuedAlternate.jpg

Had they made this the road uniform, and redistributed the colors on the home uniform (with green as the primary color, and purple relegated to the outlines/panels), the green/purple color scheme may have lasted longer. I'm glad they brought back the proper forest green/red, but it's nice to see permutations of the green/purple color scheme.

Makes me think those jerseys must have been scrapped at the last second.

Yep - those are some scans I made of an official Style Guide I got back in '04...certainly were legit; don't know why they didn't see the light of day.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Irish Rainbows were definitely cool, but I think forest green and bright red is a very striking color combination. Green and red are complementary colors. It works the way blue and orange work. It's all in the application, however. This upgrade got the job done in terms of reinstating the original team colors, but a more traditional template would have served them better. The Bucks are coming up on their 47th season in Milwaukee, which is a pretty long time when it comes to the NBA. They'd be wise to play up their status as at least a semi-classic team and look the part. That's the kind of thing that can separate them from the woeful Timberwolves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That reminds me, last summer I was visiting friends and family in Wisconsin and went to a Green Bay Packers scrimmage at Lambeau Field. After the show we stopped at a gas station convenience store, and we were notified that we missed meeting Aaron Rodgers by about 5 minutes. I was disappointed but then I remembered I'm a Raiders fan. :P

Old School Fool, Have you seen this vintage pin from '82? I'm a little Buck'd out:

1982MilwaukeeBrewersWorldSeriesPressPin_

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

I've been meaning to post the other pro basketball team in Wisconsin (Milwaukee Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks), the Wisconsin Flyers of the Continental Basketball Association based in Oshkosh, 1982-83 thru 1986-87. Have only found their warm up top and still looking for actual uniform picture. I like the three color striping sequence:

1980sWisconsinFlyersknitwarm-upmadebyMed

VintageSportsPennantquotWisconsinFlyersq

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Very interesting...I've got a bunch of old CBA Media Guides, and I had always seen the Wisconsin Flyers's colors listed as "Royal Blue, Turquoise Blue and White", but I'm starting to wonder if they were actually "Royal Blue, Turquoise (Green), (Light) Blue and White".

I've been meaning to post the other pro basketball team in Wisconsin (Milwaukee Hawks, Milwaukee Bucks), the Wisconsin Flyers of the Continental Basketball Association based in Oshkosh, 1982-83 thru 1986-87. Have only found their warm up top and still looking for actual uniform picture. I like the three color striping sequence:

Here's the only pic I have of the Flyers in action:

WisconsinFlyersRoad.jpg

Very similar to the unis the Cleveland Cavs wore from '80-'83, with the addition of a third horizontal stripe (hard to see in this photo, but it goes turquoise-white-light blue).

WisconsinFlyersRoad.jpg

Very similar to the unis the Cleveland Cavs wore from '80-'83, with the addition of a third horizontal stripe (hard to see in this photo, but it goes turquoise-white-light blue).

I knew you'd come through, Discogod! Thank you so much :) (Love the Sand-Knit numbers too!)

The Wisconsin Flyers. Haven't thought about those old CBA teams in a long time. Cedar Rapids Silver Bullets. Wyoming Wildcatters. LaCrosse Catbirds. Billings Volcanoes. Rochester Zeniths. The first sporting event I ever attended was a CBA game, the Alberta Dusters at the Anchorage Northern Knights. Now I know what I'll be perusing on the internet for the next couple days.

The Wisconsin Flyers. Haven't thought about those old CBA teams in a long time. Cedar Rapids Silver Bullets. Wyoming Wildcatters. LaCrosse Catbirds. Billings Volcanoes. Rochester Zeniths. The first sporting event I ever attended was a CBA game, the Alberta Dusters at the Anchorage Northern Knights. Now I know what I'll be perusing on the internet for the next couple days.

Totally O/T, but here's some more old CBA pics:

Rockford Lightning vs. Cedar Rapids Silver Bullets:

LightningSilverBullets.png

Billings Volcanos:

BillingsVolcanos.jpg

Maine Lumberjacks (complete with Sonics-style unis!):

MaineLumberjacks.png

And a couple featuring the Tampa Bay Thrillers and their Blazers-esque unis:

ThrillersJammers.png

TampaBayThirllers.jpg

Pretty cool... I knew of the La Crosse Catbirds, but I didn't know Oshkosh had a team around the same time. I take it they played at UWO?

And speaking of defunct pro basketball clubs in Wisconsin, the state's first NBA franchise was actually an hour north of Milwaukee:

redskinsfrontlarge.jpg

Redskinsjersey.jpg

WisconsinFlyersRoad.jpg

All those pictures are nice but this one was my favorite! Good find!
shado_logo.gif

WisconsinFlyersRoad.jpg

All those pictures are nice but this one was my favorite! Good find!

Love the colorful two-tone empty seats too and you can almost picture the Flyers jersey front by piecing together the two Flyers players (player bottom right).

Pretty cool... I knew of the La Crosse Catbirds, but I didn't know Oshkosh had a team around the same time. I take it they played at UWO?

And speaking of defunct pro basketball clubs in Wisconsin, the state's first NBA franchise was actually an hour north of Milwaukee:

redskinsfrontlarge.jpg

The Red Skins program reminded me of this. I hope to someday see this young buck reincarnated as a Milwaukee Buck:

stagbacklarge_zps2a2c408e.jpg

I'm not aware of the Brewers having a basketball team. It wasn't really fashionable until after the Braves displaced the original Brewers, and had fallen out of favor by the time Bud brought a new team to Milwaukee in 70.

But the Braves might well have had one. I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Man, that Flyers logo looks really familiar to me. Might it have been based on a regional airline?

Archived