Milwaukee Bucks Originals Update - Bucks Unveil Jersey Changes for 2014-15

Elwood

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

illwauk, what are you doing up so late, I thought you lived in Milwaukee?

I work nights, and don't always get straight to bed. :D

Oh, okay, I understand now. I thought, maybe you are a dairy farmer in Milwaukee, posting before milking cows? I was a little confused, I'm sorry :)

Wow, really?

I can't even get mad... I actually feel bad that you hit "post" on these gems believing they were jokes.

illwauk, what are you doing up so late, I thought you lived in Milwaukee?

I work nights, and don't always get straight to bed. :D

Oh, okay, I understand now. I thought, maybe you are a dairy farmer in Milwaukee, posting before milking cows? I was a little confused, I'm sorry :)

Wow, really?

I can't even get mad... I actually feel bad that you hit "post" on these gems believing they were jokes.

Lost in translation, perhaps? I didn't get mad either when you posted Kareem and his double birdies on a family friendly site. Do you remember the picture you posted? It's still here, page 10, 3rd post from top. Am I interpreting this wrongly? May I ask who you were pointing these two fingers at? My apologies if I am wrong.

Oh, and I wondered why Gothamite wrote this, in response to your post.

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Not sure what the Kareem photo I posted has anything to do with this, but it's fairly well known that the easiest way to annoy someone from Wisconsin is to make jokes about dairy farming... especially if you're talking to someone from one of its bigger cities.

Not sure what the Kareem photo I posted has anything to do with this, but it's fairly well known that the easiest way to annoy someone from Wisconsin is to make jokes about dairy farming... especially if you're talking to someone from one of its bigger cities.

illwauk,

My apologies for your mistaking my comment as a joke, and thus offending you.

I also have connections to Milwaukee and Wisconsin. I, on the other hand, am proud of Wisconsin being known as America’s Dairlyland. When I explain to people here in Japan where I’m from I say, “Hokkaido and Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.” You see, I have ties to both Japan and USA. Japan is Hokkaido, USA is Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Hokkaido, the northern most island is known for its wildlife: Ezo shika (deer), higuma (brown bear like grizzly), and tanchozuru or just tsuru (Japanese red-crowned crane) of which, a few live near Baraboo, Wisconsin.

Hokkaido is also known for its mountains, hills, lakes, rivers, wetlands, Ainu indigenous people, farming, potatoes and corn, dairyland, cows, sheep, milk, cheese, ice cream (pronounced ai su kureemu, in Japanese), soft cream (like frozen custard, but I tell my friends that Milwaukee frozen custard / ice cream, Gilles and Kopp’s are the best in the world. I love Leon’s Frozen Custard in Oshkosh, Wisconsin too. I love all three the same, top three in the world. Culver’s is okay, I guess), Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters pro baseball team based in Sapporo, Sapporo Consadole pro soccer team, no pro basketball team yet, and beer, especially Sapporo Beer, named after the largest city in Hokkaido, Japan. There are many breweries in Japan: Asahi, Kirin, Suntory, Sapporo Beer KK, headquartered in Tokyo. Many, many microbreweries too.

When I tell Japanese people about Milwaukee and Wisconsin I tell them it’s famous for beer (Miller), Harley-Davidson motorcycles, Koss headphones, forests and lakes, Indian tribes, deer, now wolves, hunting, farming, cornfield’s (like Field of Dreams), dairyland, dairy products, cheese, cheeseheads, the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Bucks, Milwaukee Wave, UW-Milwaukee Panthers, Marquette Warriors / Golden Eagles, Wisconsin Badgers, UW-Green Bay Phoenix, etc… Solly's butter burgers (the best butter burgers in the entire world!), and frozen custard (like ice cream / soft cream). I wrote this all off the top of my head, so some information may be inaccurate, my apologies.

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Elwood,

Thanks man, but the apology really is not necessary. I wasn't even offended so much as I was slightly annoyed at having to hear a joke I've heard literally hundreds of times in my life... much like I'm sure Philadelphians get sick of Rocky references and Kansans are tired of hearing about the Wizard of Oz. The only reason I even said anything after my initial comment is because you sounded confused and felt I should clarify.

In other words, it's really not that big of a deal to me... don't worry about it. :D

Bucks new numbers from Bucks Facebook:

10457876_10152270744722817_9013949485122

10494682_10152270744877817_7501560808615

10347168_10152270744937817_4871304932438

WHY.... The wordmark has serifs, why have sans-serif numbers... SMH... Adidas' design decisions are only getting worse. First getting rid of the "BuckS" wordmark and now this. One of the better sets in the league has been officially ruined.

For some reason, whenever you try to make a custom jersey for the Bucks on NBA.com, they use the old number font on the new jerseys.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I'm starting to think "new numbers" doesn't mean what we think it does. They're still selling a ton of merch with the old numbers, which were also on the Summer League jerseys.

I thought they were now BUCKS not BuckS. If so then the numbers can't be right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Catalog still uses the old font.

bucksuniformchange_fullsize_story1.jpg

I'd trust the catalog a bit more than the team's FB page.

People need to chill/relax. Bulls introduced Mirotic and Gasol with jerseys still using the NOB logo and not the NBA logo. The new uniform changes hasnt completely occurred people. Almost 99% of the press conference of new acquisitions are using the old uniforms.

Hell the whole Rookies/New Jerseys thread is a prime example!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/99340-2014-2015-nba-rookies-with-jerseyuniform/page-4#entry2279863

shado_logo.gif

Catalog still uses the old font.

bucksuniformchange_fullsize_story1.jpg

I'd trust the catalog a bit more than the team's FB page.

If so, that's a really good thing. Also came to think of it, if those jerseys posted on their FB page are just the jerseys of their new player acquisitions with their numbers to-be, respectively, that are new to the roster, and not a new number font at all. I'm sure that's the case.

Elwood,

Thanks man, but the apology really is not necessary. I wasn't even offended so much as I was slightly annoyed at having to hear a joke I've heard literally hundreds of times in my life... much like I'm sure Philadelphians get sick of Rocky references and Kansans are tired of hearing about the Wizard of Oz. The only reason I even said anything after my initial comment is because you sounded confused and felt I should clarify.

In other words, it's really not that big of a deal to me... don't worry about it. :D

Thank you illwauk :)

Thank you Gothamite, but I want the original and in color too :) It's a lovely black and white Kodak / Fujifilm / Agfa 35mm film photograph taken with a Nikon F SLR camera? perhaps, of the home unis with simple striping sequence and I love the Sand-Knit numbers on Sand-Knit unis. Also, I love the Adidas shoes, when western Germany was still West Germany.

I think I've got at least one colour photos of the Does somewhere (although it may be in a physical file, rather than on my PC). I always dug their lime green and purple unis for some reason.

EDIT: A quick GIS yielded this:

DoesTeamPhoto78.jpg

I think I've got at least one colour photos of the Does somewhere (although it may be in a physical file, rather than on my PC). I always dug their lime green and purple unis for some reason.

EDIT: A quick GIS yielded this:

DoesTeamPhoto78.jpg

Ha! Love 20/26 and 30 with outline only 'DoeS'!

Archived