Marlins blue jersey

damnyoutuesday

I know I said I would shut up, but I have an honest question, and I would like an honest answer. I saw on the twitter feed on the main site that the person who was gonna throw out the first pitch was wearing a tropical blue marlins jersey. I would like to know if the marlins have ever worn these, or if they ever will? And also, do they have a blue cap to match?

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've heard, while they don't have an official blue jersey nor a hat, they have been selling replica jerseys (The same ones being worn in these pregame ceremonies) at the stadium. To me, it feels like they're testing out a new alternate that they'll introduce next year. So be on the lookout in the offseason, could be to replace the orange jersey.

Aesthetically-wise, this is a move in the right direction for the Marlins, if that's indeed what they're going to do. "Marlins Blue" looks so so so much better as the primary color than does orange or black.

Has anyone else noticed they have the blue color painted onto the back wall of the dugouts at Marlins Park with the wordmark on it?

Probably because Marlins Park is divided into 4 colored quads to designate with the parking garages outside:

Blue - Home Plate Garage - color wraps from 3rd, around Home, to 1st

Yellow - 1st Base Garage - 1st base to RF foul pole

Green - Centerfield garage - RF pole to LF pole (hence the lime green OF wall)

Red -3rd base garage - LF pole to 3rd base

mia-access-lots_900x728.jpg

The scheme also relates to the concourses so you know what garage you're nearest to:

15-yellow-concourse.jpg?w=555&h=201

56-seats-match-concourse.jpg?w=555&h=198

I wouldn't mind the black jersey if it were only used occasionally as a road alternate (Saturdays only or day games only maybe). And if they wore the orange cap with it instead (like they did right before the '12 season began).

No, I have a blue cap they sold--- and one that I think was a prototype.

Heres the supposed prototype- which I think is beautiful....Biggest difference, team sold normal logo on blue hats.
Supposed prototypes have Yellow on the Marlin instead of normal blue.

If they adopt a blue jersey, it needs yellow highlights. Unlike the replica which is just the Orange word mark slapped on a blue jersey (blue highlights).

They also need to create a white number style for that jersey. The name is white, but they are using the black jerseys orange numbers.

img_2224_1.jpg

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

LOL.......white,gray,orange,black,blue jerseys......pretty amazing, went from a top 5 MLB look to one of the worst in pro sports. . . too many colors and a terrible logo :(

Their 2003-2011 look was not a top 5 look.

As a Marlins fan- their forced Rockies/White Sox Gettups were probably in the bottom 10 if anything. I like the current stuff, if for no other reason than the fact that color has been added to the previously stale identity.

LOL.......white,gray,orange,black,blue jerseys......pretty amazing, went from a top 5 MLB look to one of the worst in pro sports. . . too many colors and a terrible logo :(

As a Marlins fan- their forced Rockies/White Sox Gettups were probably in the bottom 10 if anything. I like the current stuff, if for no other reason than the fact that color has been added to the previously stale identity.

White, silver and teal is stale ?......i think their teal pinstripe jersey were amazing , the teal even had a meaning, the water + fish.....it was great.

White, silver and teal is stale ?......i think their teal pinstripe jersey were amazing , the teal even had a meaning, the water + fish.....it was great.
You obviously have no clue about the marlins uniform timeline. Their last set didn't even have the same teal we all grew up. The teal was more blue, and was limited to a thin line Leon Lett wouldn't even try to snort.

The marlins 1993-2002 set was okay, but needed more teal in the end. The 2003-2011 set was tired even when it came out. The F alt was probably the best of the bunch, and was mothballed in two to three years.

You obviously have no clue about the marlins uniform timeline. Their last set didn't even have the same teal we all grew up. The teal was more blue, and was limited to a thin line Leon Lett wouldn't even try to snort.

The marlins 1993-2002 set was okay, but needed more teal in the end. The 2003-2011 set was tired even when it came out. The F alt was probably the best of the bunch, and was mothballed in two to three years.

Yeah the 2003-2011 set was pretty terrible. Way too much black. A lot of silver. Barely any teal.

The 1997-2002 was pretty good (teal Marlins script with black sleeves...not too bad)

The 1993-1996 look was great, but it was great for the 90s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived