Colorado Rockies Logo

Klydefrog

I think it would make a good alt logo. To me it also give a kinda retro feel. I like how you incorperated the infield with the mountain. One thing that I dont like is the shade of purple. It feels very minor league ish to me. Perhaps a darker shade or duel colors. Overall good job tho!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

i like this idea but i feel that a change in font is needed, a little too plain i think.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Looks like the pacers font. Agency FB [bold]? :P

I like that font actually... Not too over-the-top, Not too plain IMO.

I really like this. The Rockies need a simplification like this. Great Job. I think you should do unis.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Perhaps a bit of a darkening of the purple is in order though, that is bordering on nuclear...

I was already thinking that myself. I changed the purple to a slightly darker more majestic bluer purple. I also replaced the purple outline of ROCKIES with silver.

Looks like the pacers font. Agency FB [bold]? :P ...

I think you should do unis.

Yes it is Agency, also one of my faves. As far as uni's, I will probably do them after this week, I am off to a conference tomorrow and will be gone until Friday. If I have free time I may work on something, but I'm not planning on having free time.

Anyways here is version 1.3. I also added watermarks to all three versions, don't know why I forgot to put them on before, lol.

rockies3.png

I think it would make a good alt logo. To me it also give a kinda retro feel. I like how you incorperated the infield with the mountain. One thing that I dont like is the shade of purple. It feels very minor league ish to me. Perhaps a darker shade or duel colors. Overall good job tho!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

Agreed. It looks a little too simple for a primary logo, but I think it certainly works as an alternate. The best of the Rockies concepts I have seen thus far. Spectacular job!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

Agreed. It looks a little too simple for a primary logo, but I think it certainly works as an alternate.

But it's been said before that the best logos are ones that can be drawn on a notebook in study hall such as this one. It's simple yet original with the infield and the mountains and I belive it's better than the current logo.

I think this concept needs to be broken down into two parts to be considered separately.

First, the type. I'd expect to see better lettering on an after-work-league softball jersey. It really doesn't communicate anything to me, and it certainly doesn't give me any feeling for the concepts of "Colorado", "Rockies", or "Baseball". Looking at this type, I see no evidence that any thought went into choosing it nor that any effort went into putting it in place.

Second, the baseball diamond. This is absolutely brilliant. The best logos are both completely original and also so obvious once you see then that you can't believe nobody thought of it 10 years ago. Which perfectly describes this diamond-mountain logo. The only thing I would change is the snowcap part: I'd make it asymmetrical. It needs to look slightly more naturalistic, which in this case means asymmetrical, to ensure that the first-glance reaction is to see a mountaintop rather than some kind of broken or shattered edge. Might be worth playing around with some hints of silver highlights, too, just to more clearly communicate the snowcap.

Work with the type to create lettering that's of even average quality and you'll have a fantastic concept on your hands. As long as the current lettering stays in place, this could-be-superb concept will be sub-mediocre no matter what you do with the colors.

20082614447.png

Not to hijack your concept or anything, but I think this is kind of what BallWonk means by the mountain highlights (though I think these ones here may look too close to the Utah Jazz, but you get the idea) and for a not too plain font (for a concept like this one):

Colorado-Rockies-Primary-1.png

The purple looked darker on the computer I did this on, so I wasn't intending for it to be so light.

Again, not trying to hijack your concept. Just trying to help out a bit. :grin:

McCall's idea highlighted something else that caught my eye about your logo. Outlining the white letters in silver, then black, looked muddled. Use the black as a contrast between the two lighter colors and go white letters, outlined black, then silver. You'd be surprised what a big difference that makes. White -> silver -> black gives the letters a hazy gradient feel.

Also, the darker purple looks much better. You could even go a little darker - like what the Vikings or Lakers wear.

As for what they say about the font, you ought to consider going a different way. Trying to make that the "Rockies font" is going to be hard with their division rival in Phoenix using that same font for their player names.

I love the idea, can't wait for the end product.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived