2008 MLB ALL-STAR BP JERSEY'S

Nesi427

While surfing the MLB.com shop I came across these...could the wordmark potentially be the front of the jersey's, with the stadium facade as part of the image...

pMLB2-4685671dt.jpgpMLB2-4685676dt.jpg

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even better, those are some not-bad American and National scripts. I love the detail that the star is in the same place, but mirror-flipped, to fit over the I in each league's name. Nice touch. Much better execution than the similar motivating idea used last year.

But mainly, I like the idea of light lettering on a large, solid dark background. That's been a common element in minor-league scripts for nearly a decade now but has not yet made it to the majors. Hopefully this is a foot in the door for that lettering style at the big-league level.

20082614447.png

As a Non-Yankees fan, I was fearing the incorporation of pinstripes into the design, but now that I look at these, it makes me think that there could be a different application of the NYY design that would work well here:

Take the AL/NL logo and put it on the left chest of the BP jersey, a la the interlocking "NY" or Detroit "D" or CWS' "Sox"

Would fit well with the NYY tradition aspect, be a good treatment of the AL and NL logos.... Because I'm with STL Fanatic on this, too much facade.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Not a fan.

Too much of an image as opposed to a script. The long facade over the whole script looks awkward.

Remove the sublimated league logo, and it might not give the same impression.

Fair point, but that's not it.

I'd prefer lettering to a logo like that even if it includes lettering.

I may be the minority here, but I'd love to see the team that is hosting the game's uniforms to be used as the inspiration.

So an interlocing AL on pinstripes for the American league, and a grey with NATIONAL arched for National League. Just think it could be cool.

My other idea would be a throwback All Star game, where all the players wore their respective team's throwback jerseys. Have it sponsored by Mitchell and Ness, ebbets field flannels or something and they do all the jerseys.

Archived