Patriots Throwbacks

josh1068

The Patriots have confirmed that they will wear the 1980s throwbacks on October 31 against Minnesota, and one other game, possibly at Detroit on Thanksgiving.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/06/22/get-ready-for-the-return-of-pat-patriot/

Hey, Dennis... how ya feel about this?

The Patriots have confirmed that they will wear the 1980s throwbacks on October 31 against Minnesota, and one other game, possibly at Detroit on Thanksgiving.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/06/22/get-ready-for-the-return-of-pat-patriot/

I love it.

I just hope all 32 teams get in on the act soon. Because the tired, played-out "throwback" craze that the NFL continues on, is really fresh and original. Seriously. Very original thinking from the NFL.

I love it.

I just hope all 32 teams get in on the act soon. Because the tired, played-out "throwback" craze that the NFL continues on, is really fresh and original. Seriously. Very original thinking from the NFL.

Wow, that was FAST! :D

For what it's worth, I'm in complete agreement with dennisbergan.

In this case I am, just because I don't like the Patriots' throwbacks.

On throwbacks in general, I didn't mind last year's extravaganza. It was a special event, not the norm. I'm generally ok with throwbacks being busted out one or twice a season (though no more). Also, if a team wants to go with throwbacks one year, they should forfeit their alternate jerseys for the season.

I like the Patriots' throwbacks from the neck down. Or at least, I did when they wore them originally. I really do wish that teams would focus their efforts on creating new designs that fit the current NFL uniform template, rather than continually shoving the square peg of throwback looks into the round hole of sleeveless, skin-tight jerseys.

But hey, it keeps the cash registers ringing, so it's likely not going to stop any time soon.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the Patriots' throwbacks from the neck down. Or at least, I did when they wore them originally. I really do wish that teams would focus their efforts on creating new designs that fit the current NFL uniform template, rather than continually shoving the square peg of throwback looks into the round hole of sleeveless, skin-tight jerseys.

But hey, it keeps the cash registers ringing, so it's likely not going to stop any time soon.

Shoulder striping like the 80's Pats duds should work better w/ the modern template than stripes farther down the sleeve, like the Packers have.

Besides, Pat Patriot and the red duds are AWESOME.

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Except then you'd have the people who totally hate everything "modern" and wish to see the revival of the "good old days" post here.

Except then you'd have the people who totally hate everything "modern" and wish to see the revival of the "good old days" post here.

I don't see a current-styled NFL uniform that is better than what was worn in the late 80's-early 90's.

I don't see a current-styled NFL uniform that is better than what was worn in the late 80's-early 90's.

I would say the Lions, Seahawks, Dolphins, Rams, Patriots, Eagles, Giants, Jets, and Titans look better now then they did in the late 1980s/early 90s.

Also, I would say the Cardinals, Falcons, and Saints have better logos now then they did then, even if their uniforms may be subpar when compared to the older designs.

Archived