Complete College Football Redesign (Sun Belt Pt. 2 11/20)

mbannon92

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK State - Never really have been a fan of that font. Maybe if it were "un-italicized" like you did with WVU's font it would look better. Also don't like how you removed the old striping. I feel like it should stay.

Texas - No complaints. Solid look.

TCU - Love the addition of red and the frog on the helmet. I believe they're the only ones who can pull off a purple, black, and red color scheme

Texas Tech - No complaints again. I really like that red-over-red look. Just out of curiosity, did you think about making a red helmet for that set to tie in the whole "Red Raider" concept? It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure if it would look good. Just a thought...

West Virginia - I actually like their current font (really wish it was available) but that "un-italicized" font looks so much better that way. Great work.

I'm gonna guess that the.... SEC is next?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

All of those are an upgrade except for Ok State. I really like the addition of the red for TCU, goes well with their motif of the blood shooting out of the eyes of the horned frog. I like the TCU mark on the helmet instead of the frog itself though, but personal preference. Maybe if it were just a bit bigger on the helmet I would like it it more, but I feel like it leaves a lot of negative space in the design. I also kind of feel the white helmet is unnecessary for TCU.

UPDATES: Iowa State and Kansas helmets updated in OP.

Next up, the rest of the Big Twelve.

Oklahoma State

- Two helmets: classic white and satin black with the cowboy logo.

- Jersey and pants stripes replaced with black piping, similar to the basketball uniforms.

- Basketball team's number font and number coloring used.

- (Part of me thinks these are way too simple, while the other part thinks that the simplicity works because the colors really pop. So let me know what you think.)

Vv7mz2v.png

I have wished for you to not change the uniform because Oklahoma State has the best modern look in college football and is actually a huge downgrade over the real uniforms. Also, not to mention I hate the black "Pistol Pete" helmet and would much rather go with the current black helmet. And finally, I would put the numbering on the orange uniform to white to make it "pop". Everything else though is excellent.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I updated Oklahoma State in the OP. I brought back the current striping, but thickened it slightly and extended it to the ends of the sleeves and pants. I also put the OSU logo on the black helmet.

Here it is so y'all don't have to go to the previous page:

yijzxwK.png

As a huge Texas fan I personally love the striping but would love to see a complete re-design.

I know its a tradition thing blah-blah-blah but I would be really interested in seeing a re-design for the program.

if it's not done i have no hard feelings, just a suggestion. Thank you

Up next, the Pac 12 North!

Links: Cal | Oregon | Oregon State | Stanford | Washington | Washington State

Cal

- Toned down the hideous giant collar conglomeration, removing the outer stripe. I cut off the collar, adding a contrasting stripe at the end that lines up with a matching stripe on the sleeve cuffs.

- The tapered pants stripe remains, but has a contrasting stripe at the top to match the collar and cuffs.

hmOW0Ag.png

Oregon

- Three (non-white) colors: candy apple green, yellow, and the dark green-to-purple color changing material that debuted on these unis. It looked really cool on the field, so I had to go with it over black.

- Helmet design stays the same, with the updated colors.

- The jersey wings are based off their bowl game unis from last year, but instead of the design just filling the jersey panels, there are six lines of feathers to match the helmet.

ASUSzQu.png

Oregon State

- I really like their current look, so the changes are mostly tweaks.

- One helmet: plain black with the wide W/O/W striping. I feel like this could become an iconic look for them.

- The oversized sleeve stripes are now straight instead of curved.

- No more gold/copper/tan/whatever the hell it is.

FjpXeiw.png

Stanford

- New thin double striping, based off the baseball team's iconic uniforms.

- All black alt has R/W/R striping.

XBDhwb8.png

Washington

- Braisher stripes return to the pants. (Except for the purple ones...the stripes just didn't look right to me.)

- Sleeve cuffs feature small vertical braisher stripes, a la Kansas State from a few years back.

- Kept the custom number font, the only good part about the team's 2014 unis IMO.

Wo0bx2V.png

Washington State

- Wazzu has a great modern look, so not much is changed.

- Got rid of the very unnecessary darker grey.

- Added contrasting piping to the sleeve and pants stripes.

zxyEY8t.png

Hoping to get some more commentary on the Pac 12!

Here's the Pac 12 South.

Links: Arizona | Arizona State | Colorado | UCLA | USC | Utah

Arizona

- The gradients are gone and the double stripes return!

- Basketball team's number font and coloring are used.

- Blue facemask on the red helmet, which hopefully would be worn on a limited basis.

2OFOgyk.png?1

Arizona State

- No more black, grey, copper, fire, etc. Just maroon, gold, and white.

- Helmets feature an oversized pitchfork on BOTH sides.

- Pitchfork striping added to the pants.

N4OMOAw.png?1

Colorado

- Oversized sleeve stripes are used to make up for lack of stripes on the helmet and pants.

- Italic numbers and wordmark are brought back.

- The alternate is based off the 1937 throwbacks they wore a few years back. The silver/gold/silver colorway and horns on the helmet remain, but the jersey design is the same as the regular uniforms. The set is less a throwback and more a way to honor the school's official silver and gold color scheme.

562GMIc.png?1

UCLA

- Not much change here, since the team brought back the Clarendon numbers this year.

- White is replaced with navy blue on the home uniforms to provide consistency with the helmet, and because the light blue, gold and white don't have much contrast.

- Road uniform remains white, navy and gold.

feH3rXi.png?1

USC

- Only change is the addition of the cursive "Trojans" script on the rear helmet bumper.

8gcmXsA.png?1

Utah

- I kept the mountain motif, but simplified it, made it more of a peak, and got rid of the odd ridges.

- Got rid of the white helmet...I'm just not a huge fan of it. The logo pops much more against the red.

jVTBNIk.png?1

Archived