2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

Surprised to not see more "FSU sucks" comments, but to no surprise, they are still present. They win games. Get over it. Only three other schools in all of Division I football can say that. None of which are playing on the nation's biggest stage.

Arkansas sure as hell showed up these last couple weeks. They are completely dominating the highest ranked two-loss team at home. As for ND? Yet ANOTHER loss. Wisconsin survives a scare in Iowa City. And in mid-major news, Louisiana-Lafayette suffers their first conference loss to Appalachian State.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire SEC west is bowl eligible. If Kentucky beats Lousiville, then 13 of 14 teams will be bowl elgible.

Uh.....No!

3r8p2e.jpg

Still a Louisville, one trick "pony", huh?

Hey, that "pony" could do other tricks like beating Notre Dame in South Bend, and win 2 BCS Bowl games during that era.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Surprised to not see more "FSU sucks" comments, but to no surprise, they are still present. They win games. Get over it. Only three other schools in all of Division I football can say that. None of which are playing on the nation's biggest stage.

Arkansas sure as hell showed up these last couple weeks. They are completely dominating the highest ranked two-loss team at home. As for ND? Yet ANOTHER loss. Wisconsin survives a scare in Iowa City. And in mid-major news, Louisiana-Lafayette suffers their first conference loss to Appalachian State.

Wisconsin certainly did survivea scare...Their pass defense looks suspect and we will see whether Leiner can take advantage. The last two Wisconsin drives were Heismanesque for Melvin Gordon. He will finish #2 butI feel he is the bestplayer in the country. Biased? No (yes).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Fine, but that doesn't make them one of the four best teams in the country. They beat garbage teams, and they barely do it. They have no impressive wins and, again, without the officials bailing them out against Notre Dame, they would have one loss. They've been very unimpressive. I'm not big into the SEC chest-pounding and talking about how great the conference is, but if they did play in the SEC, they sure as hell wouldn't be undefeated.

IUe6Hvh.png

Fine, but that doesn't make them one of the four best teams in the country. They beat garbage teams, and they barely do it. They have no impressive wins and, again, without the officials bailing them out against Notre Dame, they would have one loss. They've been very unimpressive. I'm not big into the SEC chest-pounding and talking about how great the conference is, but if they did play in the SEC, they sure as hell wouldn't be undefeated.

We'll never know how they'd do paired up against the SEC's, or nation's, best team(s) until they actually are. So I guess we'll have to hang tight for two more close games until they're in the Playoff to see how worthy they are :D

EDIT: I know Georgia's a great team, but I still have a lot of trouble understanding how they're 10th with losses to both South Carolina AND Florida.

If they, or other teams played in the SEC is still irrelevant because two or more conference teams can still make the playoff.

All I know is that football is now QB-centric sport at the NCAA and NFL level. The one QB I want to win a game, on the road or neutral field, for me is Jameis Winston.

Al Golden keeps up his bit of getting outscored in the 2nd half and losing by double digits.

Same. I hope he gets fired. Muschamp would be a good fit at DC and I think Miami could attract ECU's Ruffin McNeil for head coach.
OK.

Because Ruffin will leave his alma mater who game him is initial HC gig and he has just a half year at Miami under Jimmy Johnson as a hook to local HS coaches. And it's not like Muschamp was great in South Florida either.

Think again. The coaching well is pretty d@mn dry.

Al Golden keeps up his bit of getting outscored in the 2nd half and losing by double digits.

Same. I hope he gets fired. Muschamp would be a good fit at DC and I think Miami could attract ECU's Ruffin McNeil for head coach.
OK.

Because Ruffin will leave his alma mater who game him is initial HC gig and he has just a half year at Miami under Jimmy Johnson as a hook to local HS coaches. And it's not like Muschamp was great in South Florida either.

Eh I guess I'm just getting my hopes up.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

OK.

Miami also has a 40 year old AD, who is now at his 3rd Miami visit. He had worked there twice before and being AD there is now a stepping stone job. He has left twice so he'll leave again.

Three of their last four coaches had no HC experience (Davis, Coker, Shannon), only one really worked as Coker won with Davis' players.

If Golden is let go, they kinda only have two choices and both have fleas: Mario Cristobal or Rob Chudzinski.

OK.

Miami also has a 40 year old AD, who is now at his 3rd Miami visit. He had worked there twice before and being AD there is now a stepping stone job. He has left twice so he'll leave again.

Three of their last four coaches had no HC experience (Davis, Coker, Shannon), only one really worked as Coker won with Davis' players.

If Golden is let go, they kinda only have two choices and both have fleas: Mario Cristobal or Rob Chudzinski.

I could actually see Schiano coming back. Get a good OC and that could work out well. He wasn't good in the NFL, but showed success at Rutgers.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived