2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

Welp, Wisconsin-Minnesota just became the Big Ten title game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indiana defended the bucket for the first time since the early Clinton administration.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Whelp, Iowa played well. They just gave up way too many cheap touchdowns on defense.

egyrzHQ.jpg

EDIT: Marshall has fought through some deficits this year, but never to this extreme. Let's see if the Herd can still remain unbeaten.

I'm sorry, but what do you have against Nebraska that makes you hate them so much? It's practically like a guy with a Nebraska shirt on burned down your house when you were five. I get that some teams can get annoying, but jez man.

ACC!, ACC!, ACC! Louisville beats Kentucky for the 4th straight year 44-40.

Please. Louisville had the easiest ACC-SEC in-state rivalry today and could only win by four. Don't act like you were the main contributor.

Also, Kentucky fans: How do you feel about Mark Stoops contract extension? 0-4 since the actual extension, and the Cats have now lost 6 straight to miss a bowl game after a 5-1 start.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Please. Louisville had the easiest ACC-SEC in-state rivalry today and could only win by four. Don't act like you were the main contributor.

Still, the ACC is 3-0 so far against the SEC today.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Florida is bailing Florida State out with dumb penalties and dumb decisions, like not centering the ball on third down for that last FG attempt.

I hope Will Grier plays QB for the Gators next season. I haven't seen much out of Treon Harris to be terribly excited.

IUe6Hvh.png

Still, the ACC is 3-0 so far against the SEC today.

I wish I could make a snarky comment on how good Lousiville's defense was SUPPOSED to be... Yet they gave up 40 to Kentucky.

However, there is nothing to boast about in Buckeye Nation. Its always nice to be Michigan, but what a brutal cost.

If Ole Miss pulls this off and Auburn pulls another miracle. Operation All SEC teams with 2 losses will be very complete.

Unfortunately, with JT Barrett out, I highly doubt that OSU beats Wisky. So, assuming FSU Oregon wins the committee would either have to put 2 Big XII teams (TCU/Baylor) or Scramble for a SEC team to squeeze in there (Mizzou if they win the SEC, Alabama if they win the conference, Auburn or Ole Miss) I'm willing to bet the latter.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

If I had to envision a Florida/Florida State game in the vein of how both teams have played in 2014, well...

Florida State couldn't stop getting lucky in spite of their constant miscues, and Florida couldn't stop screwing themselves in the foot.

...so, that was pretty much what I would have figured.

This is how a 12-0 team vs. a 7*-5 team can be closer than the records would indicate. It also shows why change was needed in Gainesville. The talent gulf isn't five games, but the coaching gulf certainly made up for that, and that has ruined the perception of Florida these past couple years. Under Muschamp, Florida was never getting back to Florida State's level. It sucks and I wanted him to succeed so much, but, sadly, change was needed and peace out, Muschamp.

spacer.png

You know; the ACC went 4-0 today against SEC opponents. I don't care what say about the divisions of what, this stands for something.

Thing is, it does matter that all 4 wins were over SEC East teams. The West is much, much stronger.

I say that as someone who is currently cheering for the SEC to get 0 teams in the playoff. I would rather have no team get in than Bama again. Plus, you know, MSU would still be SEC West co-champs with an Auburn win.

You know; the ACC went 4-0 today against SEC opponents. I don't care what say about the divisions of what, this stands for something.

Thing is, it does matter that all 4 wins were over SEC East teams. The West is much, much stronger.

I say that as someone who is currently cheering for the SEC to get 0 teams in the playoff. I would rather have no team get in than Bama again. Plus, you know, MSU would still be SEC West co-champs with an Auburn win.

Yeah, I mean, Louisville, FSU, and Clemson are the ACC's best and Kentucky, South Carolina, and Florida are three of the four or so worst in the SEC.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived