2014 NCAA Football Thread

Chicageaux

Al Golden keeps up his bit of getting outscored in the 2nd half and losing by double digits.

Same. I hope he gets fired. Muschamp would be a good fit at DC and I think Miami could attract ECU's Ruffin McNeil for head coach.
OK.

Because Ruffin will leave his alma mater who game him is initial HC gig and he has just a half year at Miami under Jimmy Johnson as a hook to local HS coaches. And it's not like Muschamp was great in South Florida either.

Think again. The coaching well is pretty d@mn dry.

Eh I guess I'm just getting my hopes up.
Miami also has a 40 year old AD, who is now at his 3rd Miami visit. He had worked there twice before and being AD there is now a stepping stone job. He has left twice so he'll leave again.

Three of their last four coaches had no HC experience (Davis, Coker, Shannon), only one really worked as Coker won with Davis' players.

If Golden is let go, they kinda only have two choices and both have fleas: Mario Cristobal or Rob Chudzinski.

I could actually see Schiano coming back. Get a good OC and that could work out well. He wasn't good in the NFL, but showed success at Rutgers.
Schiano was 68-67 at Rutgers.

Golden was 27-34 while at Temple.

Not much difference. And then the $$$ pool for the coaching staff still must increase.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to my first University of Michigan football game last night and I loved it. The atmosphere and excitement around the Big House was incredible, and you could really gain a sense of the prestige and tradition of Michigan football by just taking a walk around the stadium. Although they ended up losing to Maryland, I still had a great time at the game. I can tell end of the Brady Hoke era is definitely near. Fans weren't happy after the game, to say the least. Time to hire Harbaugh!

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Why are they making trophies for these "forced" rivalry games, Nebraska hasn't even been in the Big Ten for 5 years now and they already seem to have rivalries with Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. And yeah, it's really watering down the trophy thing. They don't need trophies for a rivalry that has literally just started. If you want to call it that.

It's not "good" defense, it's more like bad offense against decent defense in Winston-Salem right now. Scoreless going into the fourth quarter, this will probably be Wake's best chance to get a conference win this year, and Tech's "best" chance to start choking a bowl away. Once again, the Hokies play like complete crap after knocking off a ranked opponent, I hate how much of a trend this is becoming.

Trophies are to the Big Ten what live animal mascots are to the SEC. What some are forgetting is that most/all of the pre-Michigan State expansion trophies were organic and the products of alumni/student behavior and they decided to fight over ugly curios of debatable provenance and limited resale value. If anything, this is a refreshing throwback to that period.

Also, Nebraska has good reasons to consider all of Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota rivals.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Also, Indiana actually was leading Ohio State late in the 3rd.

Now I really want OSU to get into the playoffs just so they can get WTF PWN3D by an actually good college football team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Went to my first University of Michigan football game last night and I loved it. The atmosphere and excitement around the Big House was incredible, and you could really gain a sense of the prestige and tradition of Michigan football by just taking a walk around the stadium. Although they ended up losing to Maryland, I still had a great time at the game. I can tell end of the Brady Hoke era is definitely near. Fans weren't happy after the game, to say the least. Time to hire Harbaugh!

No. The closest that Harbaugh is getting to U of M is when the Niners visit Detroit. He has no reason to leave the NFL for a crappy college team. He still hasn't won a Super Bowl, something that both his brother and his biggest rival have done, and last I checked you can't win a Super Bowl in college. If it were a powerhouse like Alabama, maybe he'd consider it, but sure as hell not Michigan. Just stop with this Harbaugh to Michigan pipe dream, because it's not happening.

No. The closest that Harbaugh is getting to U of M is when the Niners visit Detroit. He has no reason to leave the NFL for a crappy college team. He still hasn't won a Super Bowl, something that both his brother and his biggest rival have done, and last I checked you can't win a Super Bowl in college. If it were a powerhouse like Alabama, maybe he'd consider it, but sure as hell not Michigan. Just stop with this Harbaugh to Michigan pipe dream, because it's not happening.

Well there are stories that he doesn't get along with the front office of the Niners. So if San Francisco continues in the path of mediocrity like they have this season, Harbaugh could be gone. So it's not necessarily just a pipe dream.

Excitement? In Ann Arbor? This year? Against effing Maryland?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Hoke's struggling, but it's still Michigan. The stadium alone is impressive, just from the sheer size of it and how it's cleverly sunk into the ground a bit. Sort of sneaks up on you if you don't know what to expect.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Hoke's struggling, but it's still Michigan. The stadium alone is impressive, just from the sheer size of it and how it's cleverly sunk into the ground a bit. Sort of sneaks up on you if you don't know what to expect.

Yeah...if it was this young man's first big time college football game I am very glad to hear that they still have a nice atmosphere going on there. The place is huge, on campus, and historic. I've never been there but would love to regardless of where Michigan sits. That's what college football is about and it can be fun even in down years. I'd be really disappointed if the place was 1/3 full because the team is down and Maryland is not a top-notch opponent. And if it was that fun last weekend, Tigers, imagine what it'll be like a few years from now when Michigan is relevant again and playing Ohio State for the East title.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

VICTORY IS OURS! THEY RANKED MARSHALL! (24th).

At least they finally did it :) I know Boise State beat Colorado State, but Boise State lost to Ole Miss and Air Force, while Colorado State is undefeated outside of their head-to-head in Boise. I know it could go either way, but I find it interesting.

VICTORY IS OURS! THEY RANKED MARSHALL! (24th).

At least they finally did it :) I know Boise State beat Colorado State, but Boise State lost to Ole Miss and Air Force, while Colorado State is undefeated outside of their head-to-head in Boise. I know it could go either way, but I find it interesting.
That division can also go to Utah State.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2014/11/24/7271875/mountain-west-standings-divisions-to-be-decided-on-final-weekend-of

This Marshall/Western Kentucky game on FS1 is interesting. 35-21 Western Kentucky with 13:13 left in the second quarter. Not a whole lot of defense, thus far.

edit: One kid from WKU has three INT's already. And 42-10... this is insane!

IUe6Hvh.png

This Marshall/Western Kentucky game on FS1 is interesting. 35-21 Western Kentucky with 13:13 left in the second quarter. Not a whole lot of defense, thus far.

edit: One kid from WKU has three INT's already. And 42-10... this is insane!

This game is fun to watch. Unless your one of those people that likes defense. Then you are probably repulsed.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived