New York Rangers Concept Logo

DawgPacPBH

The three things I immediately noticed is that the nose seems big. It juts out a ways and the thick silver highlighting makes it seem big, too. Second, the spires appear to be going straight up instead of pointing out more towards the viewer. It looks more like a punk kid you might see at the Warped Tour than the Statue of Liberty. It's a start, though. Finally, the neck is wierd. It just...ends. I dunno how to put words to what I'm thinking. The bottom doesn't look complete and arbitrarily just rounds off at the end. It doesn't look finished, I guess.

The top part looks nice, but overall I'm getting an 'Easter Island elf hits the souvenir shop at Ellis Island' feeling.

You should keep working on this one. Spend some time refining the face, and it could be pretty good. :grin:

Looks like Mr. Spock with a spike hairdoo.

Seriously, your design, IMO, looks out of proportion and a bit 'curvey' - :blink:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Yeah the second is better, but it still looks like a guy--maybe change or delete the spikes and use it for a diffeent team, making neceaary adjustments to suit that team...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Boy its easy to pick apart a logo when you don't create one yourself. I think my personal thoughts are that the verticality and strength of the original staue is compromised by the swirling swoop of her neck. In the first one she seemed too unnatural, instead of just photoshopping her face and reducing it down to the basic elements and shape, a new creation was born that failed to mirror the original. Good effort, but it seems to fall short.

Okay. This is Mr. Liberty. i dont want a "Lady" as a logo. GO MR LIBERTY!!!11!11one!!11.

well, i think it is better than the other too. maybe a bit over done on the "shading"(arent quotes fun?) there is nothing wrong with a guy as the logo. cause he is cooler. almost as cool as me. but not. now im rambling. okay here

NewYorkRangers3.jpg

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

I actually like the "pissed off" look. I could see this statue swatting boatloads of immigrants with his / her torch. Perhaps it's the androgeny that's making Liberty angry, the hormone pills are not working!

Seriously, I think you're very close to a fantastic logo.

Good job.

CGP.gif

I agree with clannhoran.

Instead of "Give me your tired, your poor," she's holding a baseball bat going "YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME?!"

Ah, Robin Williams.

That said, both logos don't look so nice.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Archived