102.7 blink..er....stink!!!!

NoHoJoe

In case you haven't listened, WNEW FM in NYC is now calling themselves 102.7 Blink, an music/entertainment/gossip format on the station where rock used to live. :(  It is so sacreligious that the WNEW calls are being retained) :(

If you go to http://1027blink.com/ , you will see a pink/magenta circle with Blink in script and 102.7 under Blink.

That got me to thinking of my logo parody....

A circle with a rectangle attached behind it- more like a toilet bowl seen from the top- and in the circle 102.7 STINK (go figure what the color is!) This would be a GREAT MARKETING IDEA TO SELL T-SHIRTS!!!!

Submissions are welcome!

Please, do not make me do any cut and pastes because I am not able to do it

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

New York Radio Sucks!!!

I undertsand Rap and Dance and RB are porpular but how many dman channels must play the same damn songs?

All Rap Music is potery set to a drum machine, what type of talent is that. THis is why I listen mainly to talk radio. Thank god atleast Q 104 brought back Eddie Trunk.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

growns-ups... :;):

i really cant stand old rock and roll which i assume u guys are talking about. just my opinion. and the reason for that is because i am 15. other ppl my age prob listens to old rock and roll which is cool because thats their choice. the only talk i listen to is ESPN Radio at about 11:30 at nite (yes i am listening to it now).

rap and new age rock for life!!!

untitled-1.png

Yeah, what kind of rock are we talking about, anyway?

Me, I'm all over the page.  I'll probably regret posting this, but...

My mp3 server

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

There's no better music than the rock of the 60s and 70s... it's gotta be good stuff if it's been considered good music for over 30 years, whereas new music is here today, and forgotten within 2 months.

There's a reason why this music is forgotten in 2 months, yet the music of the 60s and 70s is still widely popular over numerous decades.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm also one of the people who likes almost anything. I don't like rap, but I will listen to a few eminem songs. I really like the early 90s, late 80s music (Nirvana, etc.) and I guess I like Puddle of Mudd because they sound like Nirvana.

Anything but country.  :)

NoHoJoe - Just tune to 92.3, mucho mucho better than 102.7, its like the difference between Green and Brown.

just go down .4 and you get LI's home of rock and roll...

102.3 WBAB

Actually, I can also go to 101.5 WPDH, 105.5 WDHA, I-95 WRKI, 95.9 THE FOX, and on good days when the troposhere goes haywire. 93.3 WMMR and 94.1 WYSP from Philly.

www.clearchannelsucks.org

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

there is great music from the past, and also there is great music today. depends on what you like I guess

thats why I like KSJO 92.3 they play a good mix of older rock (AC/DC, aerosmith, hendrix, G n R, etc. ) and new stuff (Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, etc.

however it does annoy me when they play Rush and system of a down!  :angry:

thats why I like KSJO 92.3 they play a good mix of older rock (AC/DC, aerosmith, hendrix, G n R, etc. ) and new stuff (Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, etc.

I'm drooling at the thought of such a thing. I have 92.3 and 102.3 programed but I don't really like anything else.

I can, on some nights, get Philly, Boston, Baltimore, and even Vermont [Expo games] on my radio, though I can't get some L.I. stations in  :angry:

snowcap - i'll check out those stations, though I'm not a rap fan, who knows, I used to hate 92.3 and now I can't stop listenin.

thats why I like KSJO 92.3 they play a good mix of older rock (AC/DC, aerosmith, hendrix, G n R, etc. ) and new stuff (Linkin Park, Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, etc.)

yeah, thats the type of music I listen to when i listen to the radio... we have a couple stations like that here in Fargo..

josh

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The moment they fired O&A was the moment WNEW nailed it's coffin shut.

Currently in NYC, nothing is listenable. K-Rock, for the one or two good songs they play every three hours, you must deal with 60 other awful, crappy tunes.

However, seeing the Blink's logo, it sucks huge ass. As far as logos go, K-Rock does have a pretty good one, probrally the best in the area. WFAN needs a re-do (which i am planning on doing, and sending it in), and other than that, who cares....

(P.S. as a broadcasting major, it is sad to see the current state of radio. Boring and unlistenable...)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

No nirvana? AHHHHHHHH  :D

I haven't had a "must download some Nirvana" kick.  I like Nirvana, but I've kindof cooled on them for now.  I go in cycles on music sometimes.

No Journey.  No A-ha.

/dies.

You see, there's this thing called "taste"... ;)

(Actually, I should grab "The Sun Always Shines On TV.")

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived