North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know nothing of the situation. What's the reason they can't just play in Marlins Park?

REVENUE!

The lease the Marlins possess lets them have virtually all facility revenue. What the MLS team would pay in rent would basically sublet the Marlins $2.5M/year rent to Miami-Dade.

As for setup, I cannot find a wide shot of the soccer game last year with AS Monaco, but here is the setup for last year's Miami Beach Bowl.

Miami-Beach-Bowl-Marlins-Park-3_zpsnwhet

Photo Credit: USATSI

This LA-San Jose match is everything wrong with MLS. I should be enjoying this! Instead, I'm pissed at who the writers continue to put over.

Also, the English-language play-by-play guy on UniMás is profoundly bad.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So MLS is pretty much the old NASL with better stadiums.

It's going that way. The 4th DP slot (that's what it really is) is built to make teams spend. They should've given the ability to spread the $100,000 across the full team excluding the DPs rather than raising the pay of one player who would otherwise be a DP. It's meant to help teams for Concacaf Champions League but forcing a team to spend money either by getting a third DP or increased salaries for other players just doesn't seem right.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

"We don't want to relive the mistakes of the past."

*throws seven figures at every European player over 30*

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

MLS released players' salaries today. (Full List)

It's quite remarkable how the top paid players in the league make more than the entire payroll of some teams.

I didn't expect to see the Red Bulls last on that list.

I knew they were going to decrease spending after Henry left but I still didn't expect that.

The parent company is trying to sell them off, that's part of why we haven't seen them shooting for the big names as much this summer. Dead last? I'd expect Columbus to be there.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

MLS released players' salaries today. (Full List)

It's quite remarkable how the top paid players in the league make more than the entire payroll of some teams.

I didn't expect to see the Red Bulls last on that list.

I knew they were going to decrease spending after Henry left but I still didn't expect that.

The parent company is trying to sell them off, that's part of why we haven't seen them shooting for the big names as much this summer. Dead last? I'd expect Columbus to be there.

I know there have been rumors about Red Bull selling but I've never heard anything concrete.

On another note it's nice to see FC Dallas and DC United have success despite being near the bottom of the list.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Nah, MLS has been much more picky with whom they've brought in as owners which has been a big difference maker. And has led to being able to have their own stadia and and the associated revenue streams as well as enhanced TV deals, etc.... So while on field they may have some things in common with NASL, off field they've corrected many of NASL's mistakes.

TFC v Sunderland 07/22/15

Bring your bloody big torches & pitchforks.

So you're saying that this will be a bloody big deal?

Jermain Defoe should die of gonorrhea & rot in hell.

Tell me how you really feel.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived