Design TCU's Basketball Court

29texan

My computer is down but my idea is to think outside the box. I want a true home court advantage here. Take Boise state blue football field Idea and put it on the court purple or grey works the logo should be staned outline in the centre also make the key stained grey and purple endzones based on the court colour. So in other words make the end zones opposite colors

I'm sure it's a nice design.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be accepted because a colored court is outside of the guidelines.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My computer is down but my idea is to think outside the box. I want a true home court advantage here. Take Boise state blue football field Idea and put it on the court purple or grey works the logo should be staned outline in the centre also make the key stained grey and purple endzones based on the court colour. So in other words make the end zones opposite colors

I'm sure it's a nice design.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be accepted because a colored court is outside of the guidelines.

And the contest was months ago.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that picture is taken in TCU's Arena but have no further insight.

Based on the cut, "HORNED FROGS" will be at each end under the white. Big 12 logos in the lane per Big 12 branding policies. Assuming what's covered in black will be painted purple.

I have no problem with utilizing the frog skin, though I wish it would have been in the court border rather than the court proper.

I sure hope the borders won't be black, especially after the football team did such a good job of getting rid of (most of) it in the new football uniform set.

Yeah, it's safe to say my design didn't win, either.

I was hoping the frog skin (much like with the football uniforms) wasn't overused... My guess is that the wood is being stained and not actually painted on.

Yeah I definitely think that's painter's tape to mask out stain, but still. As proven by their purple and grey football uniforms: restraint may not be their strong suit.

I was hoping the frog skin (much like with the football uniforms) wasn't overused... My guess is that the wood is being stained and not actually painted on.

Yeah I definitely think that's painter's tape to mask out stain, but still. As proven by their purple and grey football uniforms: restraint may not be their strong suit.

This is TCU... when's the last time this school's athletic identity been known to be "flashy and trendy"?

It's a surprise that they're going this direction.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

This is TCU... when's the last time this school's athletic identity been known to be "flashy and trendy"?

It's a surprise that they're going this direction.

Can't think of too many schools that told Nike "no" (see 2011 rose bowl uniforms).

Archived