NFL Uniform Tweaks - Texans Added 5-13-16

Ice Man

As a lifelong Bucs fan, those Orange jerseys bring back too many bad memories of ATROCIOUS football, Orange should just be an accent color at best, replace the orange with either pewter or sliver , and that would actually be a badass look, 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/28/2016 at 11:31 PM, Ice Man said:

Up next:

New England Patriots

Taking the Pats back to their old school look with the shoulder striping.

Kept the helmet the same along with the general navy jersey/gray pants for the home and white jersey/navy pants for the road.

I actually don't mind the Pats' current Navy/Gray/Red palette in general. Really the main gripe I have w/ the current uniform set is the piping/side panels on the jerseys. 

Added in a red alt jersey as a nod to the past w/ a modern twist using the current colors.

NSatUJr.png

MMyXxFU.png

B4bn1t8.png

Number font is the only weakness I see.  Stahls' varsity block is just such a cheap looking font.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Ice Man said:

@WSU151 suggestion on what font to switch to?

The number font the Pats had in 1993 and 1994 was always my favorite.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Up next:

Tennessee Titans

Decided to get rid of the flaming thumb tack logo and use the Sword "T" alt logo as the new primary logo and helmet logo.

Kept the base colors of uniforms basically the same.

Main updates to jerseys are getting rid of the shoulder yoke template and going with diff colored sleeve caps. 

Don't know anything about Tennessee so wasn't until recently that it dawned on me that the circle w/ 3 stars part of the Titans logos is referring to the state flag. 

So as part of the sleeve striping design, I used the circle w/ 3 stars portion from the Titans logo as part of the sleeve design. I think it's a cool feature as it's not just a blatant state flag reference as it still ties back to the team logo; even though it clearly is a state flag reference (if that makes sense lol). 

Basically what I mean is that if you knew nothing about Tennessee flag, the circle w/ 3 stars wouldn't seem that random to you since the circle is part of the Titans logo. It flows cohesively.

The navy jersey serves as the home with the powder blue being the alternate jersey.

Tfdzot5.png

FBIbFDC.png

Qko6QHP.png

Up next:

San Diego Chargers

Notable changes:

- All white helmet w/ white face masks now

- Made the powder blue jersey as the primary home jersey again

- Reduced navy to being an accent color as it's really just in the logos

- White road jersey w/ powder blue pants as the primary set and white pants as an option for white out look

- I do have them w/ a navy jersey alt but in this universe, it'd be worn sparingly 

- Ditched the custom number font in place of a more traditional block font

uV4XidC.png

gvbqfvJ.png

jPOedoV.png

C&C appreciated 

just now saw these.

as a titans fan, let me just say "shut up and take my money."

i'll take a navy blue derrick henry jersey in XL... and mariota in columbia blue...

Up next:

Houston Texans

Notable changes:

- Switched to white helmets 

- Made the red jersey the primary home w/ standard white road and navy as the alternate

I think the Texans have a solid uniform set and did a good job in retrospect rolling out a set that has so far proven to be timeless as it's aged well in most of people's eyes. It could use a little sprucing up to me. 

To start off, I kept the basic template in tact w/ the jersey font and shoulder yokes basically the same. Next, I wanted to make a uniform set for a team called the Texans a lot more "Texan" feeling lol so used the "alt logo" (http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/15774732006/Houston_Texans/2006/Alternate_Logo) that's listed in the logo timeline and added the Texas state outline shape onto the shoulder sleeves.

Updated the side striping on the pants to mimic the Texas state flag. 

C&C appreciated

fPXG49x.png

n8kZ0Eg.png

iIcZAkP.png

I like it a lot, especially incorporating the Texas flag without forcing it. One thing though, the blue part of the pants stripe on the blue pants shouldn't be a different shade, it should either have a white outline or just the star itself.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ty072179 said:

Where are the updates?  You were on fire!!!

Sorry, I've been busy w/ work and stuff lol so haven't had much time lately to play around on Illustrator for this thread.

I'll hopefully get back to it soon. I do appreciate seeing that some people have been keeping an eye on this thread! Thanks for the love!

Archived