NFL Uniform Tweaks - Texans Added 5-13-16

Ice Man

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how much small tweaks like that can improve a look. This is a lot better than what the Bucs currently wear, and I actually don't even mind that you kept the chrome mask. The numbers are obviously a huge improvement, and I think the creamsicle works surprisingly well with pewter in the alternate set. I like the set with the pirate ship much more than the set with the stripes (which I like more than their current unis) The only thing I'm not 100% buying is the pants stripe. I can't quite put my finger on it - possible the bold, black outline - but it doesn't quite fit, to me. That being said, I can definitely see why you did what you did, and I can get behind it. Keep up the good work.

For the red and white jerseys, I prefer the first revision, though I think the second revision with the ship on the sleeves is best for the creamsicle jersey.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to post up some 49ers alt concepts after the unveiling of those horrendous BFBS uni's.

As a 49ers fan, include me in overwhelming majority that hates these BFBS alt's.

If it was up to me, there wouldn't be any alt's for this team.

But for the exercise of this thread and if the Niners HAD to have a BFBS uniform, here's my version if the Niners did it "right".

Either way if the BFBS alt's were done right or etc, they still look like some cheesy fashion jersey (including my concept) that I ideally would never see them wear; sigh.

BFBS Fixed:

cLgYy7F.png

Gold Alternate:

I've never been the fan/proponent of a 49ers gold alternate that seems to be a popular request/favorite concept in general however; a gold alt would make more sense than the BFBS ones.

I don't like the idea of red pants w/ a gold alt (even when it would be a symmetrical flip-flop of the home set) so I used white pants for this concept.

Once again, I personally would never want to see these in real life but mocked it up for fun.

Edit: The more I look at these, the more I hope I never see a gold alternate jersey.

jyI9en4.png

Modernized Anniversary/Fauxback Alternate:

Now this would be one alternate I wouldn't mind seeing in real life if the team had to do an alternate.

This is basically an updated version of the retro's they wore for the 1994 season.

I know the ones they wore in 1994 didn't have TV numbers on the shoulders but I thought they would look too weird for today so that is why they are present on these mockups.

White pants w/ same striping are also back.

XkSEzv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Back after a hiatus.

Denver Broncos:

I'll have to say if the Broncos' current look came out now in the last few seasons, I might lean towards not being a fan of it but since this is the look they've had for close to 20 years now and the look they had when they won their only 2 Super Bowls, it's become "traditional" in a sense for me even though the uni's are from it.

I was a fan when they made the switch to the orange jerseys as the home a few years back but I feel that the white road's don't flow w/ the set since there's not enough orange on the white road's (since the uni's were originally navy blue dominant).

For my concepts below, I've brought a more traditional style uniform template that I think can still be pulled off as contemporary without going overboard.

I was feeling creative and made a new primary logo and helmet logo that's a nod to the old "D" Bronco logo. I know a lot of previous concepts have used the "bucking bronco" that's listed as a alternate logo on here but I'm not a fan of that logo and think it looks awkward so I used the current primary logo and positioned it to look like it's peeking out from the "D" which is in the current team font.

Orange remains the primary home jersey color.

I was debating on whether to make the Broncos switch back to royal blue and orange or stay as navy blue and orange and ended up sticking w/ the navy blue.

Kept the current number font as I think it's a great and unique font for the Broncos.

Brought back the white face mask on the helmets

nZItBAn.png

zTwc8A5.png

b0mFEtC.png

Below here is the different set of concepts using royal blue in place of the navy.

I made a small tweak to the royal blue though I thought the original royal blue that's a little lighter reminded me too much of Florida Gators/Boise St Broncos (go figure) so I decided to use a darker shade of royal blue (think Dodgers blue).

SgCLjDg.png

IfLiYbN.pngWeBnxHl.png

C&C welcomed!

I think there is too much empty space in the D/horse logo. The horse head is pretty small on the helmet. Also, can you show how it looks on the other side of the helmet?

I'm open to fixing the empty space issue w/ some suggestions.

As far as the view of the other side of the helmet; the logo would still look the same since the "D" wouldn't be facing backwards (just like how the Orange Crush era helmets were) if that's what you were asking?

So on the left side of the helmet, would the horse be facing the back of the helmet, or would the horse be flipped inside the D to be facing forward on the helmet?

I haven't drawn it up but conceptually speaking, it'd be facing the back of the helmet.

Basically nothing on the logo would be reversed just like how it was on the original Orange Crush era helmets:

lpGcTix.jpg

CLXlMLc.jpg

Revised Denver Broncos:

Changed up the primary and helmet logo.

It's not the exact same logo but I used a great amount of reference/inspiration from WavePunter's concept so I want to give him a shoutout on using his logo as a inspiration point.

WavePunter's logo in the spoilers:

qEDWSlZ.jpg

MZ5fXdK.pnguoBBarG.png

mJdLtOG.png

Dark royal blue versions:

wPx5zc8.pngN2PKkts.pngbPljWHH.png

Definitely stay with the first Bucs set, the striping on the sleeves are excellent. As a Bucs fan myself, I love the Orange jersey. You used their current color pallet perfectly on the shirt, but gave us Bucs fans a jersey that has a retro feel to it.

Love the Niners gold Alt.

The Broncos set is PERFECT. I've always loved the old Orange Crush uniforms more than the newer set, and this is a perfact update to them with some cues from both the current, Orange Crush and even 1960s (jersey seleeves).

LOVE IT.

Always loved this set too:

1966_Denver.png

87Redskins.png

Definitely stay with the first Bucs set, the striping on the sleeves are excellent. As a Bucs fan myself, I love the Orange jersey. You used their current color pallet perfectly on the shirt, but gave us Bucs fans a jersey that has a retro feel to it.

Love the Niners gold Alt.

Thank you!

The Broncos set is PERFECT. I've always loved the old Orange Crush uniforms more than the newer set, and this is a perfact update to them with some cues from both the current, Orange Crush and even 1960s (jersey seleeves).

LOVE IT.

Always loved this set too:

Thank you!

The updated helmet logo does a good job of filling the negative space, and it will look better with that Bronco facing backwards than your first logo. Good job.

Thanks!

Can the NFL hire you please? i would buy that gold 49ers jersey Instantly if it was real. Great job so far

Thanks!

Archived