STL_ArchMadness

NBA Tweaks/Concepts 2015 (4/36 Trailblazers)

Ok, so It's been a while since I've posted a concept on here, and the last league-wide project I started was a flop because I got too caught up with school and the presentation for each was too much for me.

So on this NBA design, the presentation is simple. I still took a while on each design, but a few designs are nothing more than tweaks to classic jerseys. These will probably go in no particular order...

I'll be doing each of the 30 NBA teams, as well as 6 additional teams just for fun, possible expansion cities. These will be:

- Kansas City

- Las Vegas

- Seattle

- Paris, France

- Beijing, China

- St. Louis

PS, each jersey's last name and number has a little Easter egg in it. Thought it would be fun for you guys to try and guess what each one means. This first one should be pretty obvious if you're a sports movie fan.

Starting with the Pacers of Indiana.

Home:

16273hl.png

Away:

2mqlwec.png

Alternate:

2unx5jp.png

As always, C&C is much welcome and appreciated!

very clean set. i like it but just as a crazy idea what would a blue and yellow checkerboard look like in the middle stripe on the chest? just something to think about from keeping it too simple although i do like the concept.

Pretty nice start. Utilize the the compression sleeves that are in the template. Color them, and maybe add some element from the uniform onto them.

This is well done. I think that you could have chosen a better font, and I think the word "PACERS" is too big. But all-in-all it's solid.

Pretty nice start. Utilize the the compression sleeves that are in the template. Color them, and maybe add some element from the uniform onto them.

I actually added those myself to the template. I left all three white because I think they look the best with each jersey. But for each different concept the arm sleeves are different.

It's called the National Basketball Association. I think it wouldn't be realistic to have teams outside US, and maybe Canada and Mexico. I'd like to see Columbus with a team

I would place the word mark & player name/numbers in a layer above the jersey texture. Otherwise they will look like they are sublimated.

Not a fan of the whole name on the jersey. You should have PACERS on the yellow and white uniforms, INDIANA on the road blue.

With the stripes you have 3 options:

• hockeyny13's suggestion of a checkerboard chest
  • put the checkerboard design in lieu of the plain borders
  • get rid of the borders and keep it as a simple racing stripe

Also, I would suggest Madrid, Barcelona, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Seoul, Vilnius, Zagreb, Brasilia, and Athens as other international cities to tryout.

Pacers should stick with Navy & Gold. Royal Blue and Yellow is too much like Golden State. I'd like to see a hybrid design of the 90s flojo with the ABA curvy lines.

And I think you should reconsider your expansion list to add the Kentucky Colonels. They're definitely on the top of the NBA's list behind Seattle. And then what about the St. Louis Spirits and the Virginia Squires Or the New Jersey Americans?

He could have a team in the mountains of Mongolia if he really wanted to, this is his series and he can do whatever he wants.

As for the concept, the Indiana wordmark seems too small, especially compared to the Pacers wordmark below it. If I were you, I would shrink the Pacers wordmark a little. Also, someone mentioned the Warriors above; if you plan to use their current color scheme in your series, then you should change the Pacers' colors a bit. Overall though, it is a great start!

Jimmy Chitwood of the Hoosiers.

Diggin' the template. Any Photoshop availability?

Whoa. We have the same name (almost) I am Jake Rietz.

also, I think the PACERS text is a bit too big.

Having both INDIANA and PACERS on it makes it look a little NCAA like. I do like the design of the jerseys.

Personally, I would have either INDIANA or PACERS, but not both.

I would go with a darker, mory navy shade of blue just to differentiate them from the Warriors.

Overall, this is a solid set. Good work.

Ok, So I've taken into account all of your guy's C&C and an update will be posted for the Pacers tomorrow. But for tonight, here is the second team....

the Atlanta Hawks:

Home:

xdfg40.png

Away:

16gykb9.png

Alternate:

okbtxw.png

I freaking LOVE the Hawks especially that faux back alt jersey!!! (Id bring the bird down a little bit though)

Wow this is great! That Hawks alternate is sick! Pacers are simple and clean the way i like my uniforms. Will follow and looking forward to the rest! Especially my Rockets!

Love the alt! I wonder how it would look if you took the stripes out of the basketball and put the number inside the circle?