Carolina Hurricanes Logo and Uniform Rebrand

Christian Legault

So now that my nordiques logo is pretty much finished, I started a new project. The hurricanes have one of the worst logo and uniform in the league. So I gave them a fresh look. Alternate is a CH with flag warning logo. Anyways, thoughts?

LOGOSHEETE_zps1vazpms7.png

CAR-CLEGAULT_zpsxxesfmp8.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

The H is sort of hard to read on the CH

Not sure how I'd fix that, any ideas? I don't have trouble seeing it, we'll see what other people say.

Maybe remove the warning flags on the CH. I found that the biggest problem.

2lx6s6o.jpg

I have no problems reading the CH whatsoever. I'm not the biggest fan of the logo however. If I didn't know who the Hurricanes were, I'd have no idea what it's supposed to be. I would also swap black and silver on the away jersey.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I like the jerseys, but I'd play around with adding the alt hem stripe to the home and away also, and I absolutely despise letter logos that incorporate the initials of both the city and the nickname, so for that reason alone, I dislike the CH logo.. I'd much rather see a stylized C that can stand alone, but that's just me.. Love the hurricane logo and jerseys though, great work

I think yet CH is very easy to read, and I also think it looks great.. I just hate letter logos that stand for location and nickname.. It makes me think it should be for a place like Chapel Hill or something.. Letters should always represent location and images should always represent nickname/mascot.. That doesn't the anything away from this set.. I think it's great, but just the type of letter logo isn't my cup of tea.. I also dislike the browns B logo for the same reason..

Is the script "C" in the middle of the logo intentional? I like that. If it was accidental, perhaps make a bit less subtle. I think of all the attempts at modernizing the logo, this has been the best. Ideally I'd like to see somebody come up with a Hurricanes logo that is truly different.

I really like this concept, and I think it's cool how the alternate doesn't follow the same template as the other jerseys. All of the uniforms look modern, clean, and crisp.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

The arms of an Atlantic hurricane go the opposite direction. That said, I do like how the hurricane logo integrates with the striping on the jersey.

rATMcmK.png

The arms of an Atlantic hurricane go the opposite direction. That said, I do like how the hurricane logo integrates with the striping on the jersey.

I did not know that! I'll try and flip it. But then the really subtle C will be gone.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Archived