Fifty shades of Grey Cup–Cinquante nuances de Coupe Grey

buzzcut

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the american members, ESPN hasn't yet come out with their full broadcast schedule yet but announced they are airing three preseason games on ESPN 3 and the Ott @ Mon game June 25th on ESPN 2. There will be 20 games shown on ESPN and ESPN 2 with 69 games shown on ESPN 3 this season. Enjoy!

For the american members, ESPN hasn't yet come out with their full broadcast schedule yet but announced they are airing three preseason games on ESPN 3 and the Ott @ Mon game June 25th on ESPN 2. There will be 20 games shown on ESPN and ESPN 2 with 69 games shown on ESPN 3 this season. Enjoy!

Time for the happy dance!

mark-dance.gif

Would choosing to follow the BC Lions make me a bad American fan, as Vancouver's the only city in Canada I've been to? The CFL is just awesome to watch, and I feel odd without a team to follow/root for.

I've never been to Foxborough & I'm a Patriots fan... ride with it.

It's hard to ride on deflated tires.

More to the point...I'm a Packers fan, but have never been to Wisconsin.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, screw Durant, the next-gen of CFL QBs are starting to round out. Bo Levi Mitchell and Zach Colloros are stars, Drew Willy looks capable and would probably look better if he had a decent team around him (and not being injured would also be a plus.) but now it looks like Trevor Harris is a bonafide starter, and Rakeem Cato had a very impressive first game. I don't know why the media gets all twisted in a knot about where the next great ones will come from, they always show up....

tigercatssignature-1.png

Would choosing to follow the BC Lions make me a bad American fan, as Vancouver's the only city in Canada I've been to? The CFL is just awesome to watch, and I feel odd without a team to follow/root for.

It's as good a reason as any. I was originally (1970's) an Alouettes fan because a friend of my father's took me to an Als-Rough Riders (as opposed to Roughriders) game. Both of those teams have since gone to the great Nunavut in the sky, however, and neither the reconstituted Als or the REDBLACKS do it FOR ME. So I'm sort of split: Argos in the east, Eskimos in the west, and hope they don't hook up in the Grey Cup.

Oh, and for those looking to get in on the fun that is watching the CFL, here's their ESPN2 schedule:

09 Jul - Ottawa vs. Edmonton, 2100 ET

10 Jul - Montreal vs. Winnipeg, 1900 ET

30 Jul - British Columbia vs. Winnipeg, 2030 ET

31 Jul - Saskatchewan vs. Edmonton, 2100 ET

03 Aug - Toronto vs. Hamilton, 1900 ET

06 Aug - Edmonton vs. British Columbia, 2200 ET

07 Aug - Montreal vs. Ottawa, 1930 ET

09 Aug - Winnipeg vs. Hamilton, 1700 ET (on ESPNNEWS)

13 Aug - Edmonton vs. Montreal , 1930 ET

15 Aug - Ottawa vs. Calgary, 2200 ET

27 Aug - Montreal vs. Hamilton, 1930 ET

28 Aug - Toronto vs. Edmonton, 2100 ET

30 Aug - Saskatchewan vs. Ottawa, 1600 ET

They'll probably air all the playoff games and the Grey Cup as well, but for now this is all I've found.

nav-logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa...

I don't even know where to start.

Is that just an abbreviation for Montreal? Like ATL, I don't like it

Yeppers. I don't care if it's lazy on my part but those shoulders beg Oregon Ducks; perception is after all reality.

Those unis look like unfinished Montreal Machine throwaways.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• 4 months later...

I spy with my little eye something that isn't supposed to be here...

20,000 seats for 9,000 Argo fans? Tell me... I need to know!

'Northern Shift' would be a cool rap group name.

17-yard end zones.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived