Favorite block fonts

Quillz

91jcqBIOmPL._SL1500_.jpgharvey_martin_1978_01_15.jpg

It's a shame no NFL team (outside of the occasional Dallas or Philly throwback) uses this font anymore.

The Cowboys would be smart to return to this, should they EVER fix their disastrous unis.

6uXNWAo.png

91jcqBIOmPL._SL1500_.jpgharvey_martin_1978_01_15.jpg

It's a shame no NFL team (outside of the occasional Dallas or Philly throwback) uses this font anymore.

The Cowboys would be smart to return to this, should they EVER fix their disastrous unis.

The Nationals use this block font, I think. And the Lakers use it with a couple of changed numerals.

The Nationals use this block font, I think. And the Lakers use it with a couple of changed numerals.

Both modified versions of the font ....aaaand that's not football.

6uXNWAo.png

Both modified versions of the font ....aaaand that's not football.

What is different on the Nats' usage of the font? I looked at the two and they seem near identical. I know for the Lakers, they changed up the "6" and "9," which is a downgrade, IMO.

Another personal fave of mine, the SF Giants.

5-Reasons-San-Francisco-Giants-Will-Win-

I like this because they use it properly in regards to NNOB. It's larger than most other block fonts and higher up on the jersey. I think on its own (i.e. completely flat without any additional outlines), it would look a bit too wide, especially with NOB.

Just realized the Stars and Astros have nearly identical block fonts.

The Stars simply use the old-time Dallas Cowboys font/number set.

as has been pointed out, they don't use the old Cowboys font, but they absolutely should. And throw a black outline around it while they're in the neighborhood.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just realized the Stars and Astros have nearly identical block fonts.

The Stars simply use the old-time Dallas Cowboys font/number set.

as has been pointed out, they don't use the old Cowboys font, but they absolutely should. And throw a black outline around it while they're in the neighborhood.

I have to disagree, and I initially felt the same way. The current Stars look has really grown on me the way it is. I recently got the new Texas Stars uni (customized), and I really wish it didn't have the black outline on the numbers and followed the parent club's exact font. It's still a beautiful jersey, though.

The Cowboys throwback font works only for those jerseys IMO. It's very "western" compared to the Stars look. There is a clear difference to me.

newsig.jpg

• 11 months later...

Archived