Buffalo Sabres Alternate Selection - MrWonka

MrWonka

Sorry for so many topics posted lately by me. These jerseys are a little spoiler for an upcoming project I've had but I can't keep them in the dark anymore. The blue jersey is my concept design for a 2018 Winter Classic Project I have going on in progress, no timetable on that yet. So just thinking about creating the jerseys I decided to throw both together. Which one would you prefer seeing? I would assume most would want the gold as the alternate because there is already a blue jersey, but the blue being used is the original blue and is much brighter and sharper in my honest opinion. I think both look awesome, just want some more opinions on the matter!

12508788_1133754716635293_67988850499378

12494814_1133754719968626_27644950445163

I think I'd make the buffalo on the shoulders white...just to make it pop. These are nicely done though.

My nix to that is just that it would seem

idk what it is, but the yellow one looks perfect. It's definitely the perfect third jersey for the team.

Gold one is definitely growing on me.

so out of the place compared to the rest. It would pop but I don't think for the right reason.

My only suggestion would be to incorporate the Sabres original striping on the jerseys... ie. adding them to the waist, thickening the middle shoulder stripe.

These concepts work really well as a full set for the Sabres, good work.

Well, that basically is the point and the main inspiration towards the design. I didn't want to have the middle one thicker because to me having the square yoke then a bigger stripe then a smaller one didn't have as much continuity for me. It ended up looking like gradial striping which is not the look I wanted.

Adding the second one to the hem stripe is something I thought of too but with the script logo and the dashes that are on it I didn't want a lot of stripes. It made the front less busy and keeps it a throwback look but a more modern approach.

Did you make that Winter Classic logo at the top? Can we get a larger version of that, it looks beautiful. And I like what you did with Buffalo, but Edmonton looks a little too modern for a winter classic. Personally I would like to see a fauxback Oilers logo and strings would look better for a winter classic. Just looks more retro.

Did you make that Winter Classic logo at the top? Can we get a larger version of that, it looks beautiful. And I like what you did with Buffalo, but Edmonton looks a little too modern for a winter classic. Personally I would like to see a fauxback Oilers logo and strings would look better for a winter classic. Just looks more retro.

Actually, I made basically a shot for shot replica of their original white jerseys when they were in the WHA. The collars being what they used in this year's Winter Classic a high collar on the actual old sweaters the league wore.

Oilers1.png

And yes the Winter Classic logo is an original and hopefully I'll get the project up on it's own thread soon. I want to make some merch for it and some advertisements as a whole project. So hopefully everyone will see the full version soon!

I really like this. It's a completely new shoulder design and yet it feels like something that's been around for years.

Right? I feel like we should see have seen this more often so far, and other than the Capitals in their Winter Classic (they still had it on a weird curve though) I've never seen it done before.

Archived