2017 NHL Winter Classic Logo

TrueNorth13

There's been rumours about the 2017 NHL Winter Classic maybe being played in St. Louis. I don't know how true those reports are, but when I heard the rumour, I thought of an idea for the logo. So I created a logo for next years Winter Classic, if it is to be played in St. Louis. I used aspects from the Busch Stadium logo, last year's Winter Classic logo, the St. Louis Blues alternate logo (the arch) as well as the Blues colour scheme. This concept was solely based on the potential of St. Louis getting the Winter Classic. If they don't, I might make another logo for the city that gets it. (Maybe Toronto) I had an idea for Toronto as well. I'm pretty new with designing new logos; I'm better at having an existing logo and redesigning uniforms and stuff, or tweaking existing logos, so don't be too harsh. :) That being said, any C&C is very much appreciated.

UBNR9QJ.png

It looks good.  I wouldn't have guessed you were "pretty new with designing new logos".

My one suggestion would be to make the Winter Classic part of the logo a bit bigger.  It looks too small when comparing it to past Winter Classic logos.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

38 minutes ago, OmegaRed said:

I agree with Grant94. Logo looks great, but maybe you could enlarge the "Winter Classic" portion.... even have it overlap the two vertical pillars on the ends. Then perhaps take down the size of the city and banner. Amazing work!

Agreed. I'd also suggest you be a little more creative next time, because all you did was take the Busch Stadium logo and put a word mark over it.

This logo is really well done and I think it encompasses Busch Stadium really well. My only gripe is the amount of white (or blue space) between the arch/Winter Classic word mark and the pillars. Another thing is the "St Louis" font is kind of bland. Maybe spice it up a bit. But overall it's a really good design. 

I fixed a few things up with it. I made the Winter script larger, and moved the year. I also changed the font of St. Louis. And making the script larger, filled in the space below the arch as well.

wMnwq0F.png

On February 17, 2016 at 9:16 AM, JJ Anderes said:

Agreed. I'd also suggest you be a little more creative next time, because all you did was take the Busch Stadium logo and put a word mark over it.

And I can't disagree, because I stated that I used that logo in my first post, but I added the arch and a bunch more little things. Of course I could've been more creative but you can say that about any logo. Creativity is endless. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, natolian10 said:

I don't know if you know anything about this but a Blues fan Facebook page is using your logo and put their watermark on it... https://m.facebook.com/bluesfannation

I was not aware of that. But I am trying to contact them about it. I mean, I can't really do anything about it. But thanks for the heads up.

Archived