Great Questions in Sports logos!

Gamingboy

Among them are....

Who is the player in the MLB logo? (I've heard Hornsby, Killebrew or Rose)

Who is the player in the NBA Logo? (I know it's West)

Was Chief Wahoo (The Cleveland Indian) real?

Who is no. 31 of the bills? (I heard it's nobody, and that No.31 is essentially retired from bills use)

BuffaloBillsAFL2.GIF

Above: The enigmatic player No. 31 .

Why was the "Leaping full-body Jacksonville Jaguar" logo never used?

What exactly is a Seahawk?

Why is the Bruins logo occasionally a Bear? Is bruin a obscure reference to a bear, or what? BostonBruinsBear2.GIF'

Why are the Maple leafs blue? I've never seen a blue leaf of any kind, much less a Maple leaf.

Why are the Oakland A's sometimes represented by a elephant?

add your own!

Insert Witty Signature Here.

I believe the original Jaguars logo wasn't used because it was like the emblem used by the Jaguar car type. I'm sure other people have more info, but that's what I've heard.

A bruin is indeed a bear, and Jacksonville was stopped from using their leaping cat logo by the Jaguar (The auto maker) on grounds that it was too similar.

And for what it's worth, Blue Jays aren't really that blue, to be honest. They're mainly black, gray, and white, with a hint of blue. Stellar's Jays are very blue, though.

But it's silly to me that the Toronto Blue Jays hardly use the color.

No, the Reds were the Red Stockings.

The MLB logo is just joe everyplayer. No specific I've heard it to be Killiabrew, or Mantle. The logo came before Rose so it couldn't be him.

The leaping Jaguar was never you becuase Jaguar cars sued or threaten to because the logo was close to their logo.

A Bruin is a Bear

And for what it's worth, Blue Jays aren't really that blue, to be honest. They're mainly black, gray, and white, with a hint of blue. Stellar's Jays are very blue, though.

There must be regional differences, because I've seen blue jays in my yard that were coloured just like the old Blue Jays logos. (Mostly blue with some white, black, and gray)

yeah Stellar's Jays are essentially only black and blue. they are mostly blue and have a black head. Theyre common up in the Sierras.

around here we have a species of blue jay that is pretty blue but has a lot of gray and white on it. However it doesnt have the trademark crest on its head like most blue jays do. I accidently caught one in a trap that was intended for one of our stinky black and white friends

Archived