The Sports Media Thread

ESPN's current graphics package is pretty good though. Mostly because they match the team colors to the uniforms in this current era of uni chaos, and the important information is big and clear enough to actually read.

I'd agree that JVG's act wore thin and Jackson was always awful. Blows my mind how people love that guy as both a broadcaster and a coach when he seemed bad at all of those things, but I guess Evangelicals need someone to root for. I think Redick's been a pretty good broadcaster even if it's nice for him that the nerdy white ex-players will always cut to the front of that line in the NBA mediasphere.

It's really the studio show that's by far the weak link for me. I know I just talked mild :censored: about Inside the NBA but it really is prestige television by comparison. I'll give them the fact that Bob Myers has been surprisingly good as a TV presence. 

9 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Let's not say things we can't take back. The 2006-2022 ESPN NBA theme was always too plodding for basketball, but if that's my problem with the old one, what can I say about the current one, which sounds like a cross between the Rock's entrance music and a hip-hop beat based around the theme song from Matlock? The first two themes they used (which I think overlapped at some point) were good.

Technically the 2006-2022 theme was originally from 2004 and was first used on just the ABC games

I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it. I remember there generally being a pattern of kicking the ABC theme down to ESPN a year later, though, because the first ESPNBABC theme got relegated to Fastbreak and whatever other studio shows they had. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hope one thing that improves in the next NBA package is that the presenting stations actually like and enjoy the NBA product.

We all love Inside the NBA, but I think we can do with less of Shaq telling Jokic he didn't deserve the MVP award right after he won it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 hours ago, BBTV said:

Maybe it’s not an exclusive license, or maybe it’s over. 

It's obviously not, or else Tesh wouldn't be re-recording it for NBC next month

6uXNWAo.png

It’s non exclusive other than for college bb (he can’t license it to cbs for college bb while fox has it, but he can license it for pro bb), he can license it to AEW, but not also to wwe, etc. 

https://awfulannouncing.com/nbc/john-tesh-roundball-rock-nba-media-rights.html

The re-recording was already in motion regardless (according to awful announcing). 

I hope he doesn’t George Lucas the thing  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

NBC is done broadcasting the French Open. TNT Sports takes over for the next 10 years. 

I’m thrilled that NBC is losing its rights to televise the French Open

• LOL 1

On 6/9/2024 at 1:08 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

NBC is done broadcasting the French Open. TNT Sports takes over for the next 10 years. 

On 6/9/2024 at 4:55 PM, nickp91 said:

I’m thrilled that NBC is losing its rights to televise the French Open

Until last weekend I didn't even realize the French Open was going on. It's probably a good thing they are moving it if NBC couldn't be bothered to promote it above WWE competitions. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png