New Sacramento Kings Logo Unveiled

LAWeaver

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That lion ball logo is fantastic. That should be the primary over the retro remake. Overall, these logos are a huge step up over their last set. Color will be important here though. I'm not ready for another blue and red team. I root for one and they botched their rebrand hard.

The Kings needed to do something considering that their soon-to-be past logo is a muddled collage of shapes and dark colors, and their alt crown logo is about as bland as they come. My only disappointment with the update is the lettering is pretty conservative, but other than that, I think this a nice clean look. For a color combo, I'd like to see a combo of both eras - black as the main color with red and baby blue accents.

4 hours ago, jaha32 said:

The Kings needed to do something considering that their soon-to-be past logo is a muddled collage of shapes and dark colors, and their alt crown logo is about as bland as they come. My only disappointment with the update is the lettering is pretty conservative, but other than that, I think this a nice clean look. For a color combo, I'd like to see a combo of both eras - black as the main color with red and baby blue accents.

I think we have more than enough black as the main color in the NBA right now. Either that or the rash of BFBS alternate jerseys makes black as a main color seem more common than it really is.

The logo was the least of the Kings problems. The new one is boring and the lion dribbling alternate just looks like Chelsea/Express/countless other standing lion logos.

Hopefully they go Purple/Powder Blue though because that would be a cool and unique color scheme.

12 minutes ago, VikWings said:

The logo was the least of the Kings problems. The new one is boring and the lion dribbling alternate just looks like Chelsea/Express/countless other standing lion logos.

Hopefully they go Purple/Powder Blue though because that would be a cool and unique color scheme.

The new one isn't horrible. The old one wasn't either. I mean, the 1994-2016 logo is cool. I like it. It's just that the color scheme never worked all that well, so the uniforms have never been as good as the logo. I don't think the logo would work in drastically different colors, either, so a change is good. I'm not against modernizing the ball-and-crown.

3 minutes ago, AAO said:

I would love to see something like this:

Cg5LmDcWsAAwYrV.jpg:large

Purple, gold, and silver together? I like it! I like unusual color schemes, and having (metallic) gold and silver together would be something not seen since the NY/NJ Knights of the USFL. Appropriately regal, too. 

31 minutes ago, AAO said:

I would love to see something like this:

Cg5LmDcWsAAwYrV.jpg:large

I was thinking something like this too.  I think this looks great.  My other thought was go with something more like the Ravens mustard pants and use that as a 3rd color, along with purple and black.

I just really don't want to see powder blue. Or red. It's okay for their throwbacks only.

Purple and gold are notoriously associated with royalty.

The silver I'm using is really a tertiary color, not intended for much use except maybe in some trim here and there. So primarily purple and gold. Eliminating the black...

Whatever happens, I actually like the direction they're heading, I'm not sure how I feel about the 'SAC' (Really?) though

I think it will all come together smooth with uniforms and the court.

Just please, please no powder blue. Lol

The lion head with the mane becoming the basketball is a sweet secondary. I'm not sure they need the heraldry full body lion emblem. Where are they gonna use all of these logos?

1 minute ago, AAO said:

I just really don't want to see powder blue. Or red. It's okay for their throwbacks only.

Purple and gold are notoriously associated with royalty.

The silver I'm using is really a tertiary color, not intended for much use except maybe in some trim here and there. So primarily purple and gold. Eliminating the black...

Whatever happens, I actually like the direction they're heading, I'm not sure how I feel about the 'SAC' (Really?) though

I think it will all come together smooth with uniforms and the court.

Just please, please no powder blue. Lol

Why do you hate powder blue?

Just now, AAO said:

Only on the Kings. They had that color only on the road jersey for 4 years in the 80's. It's not a big part of their history nor does it make sense for a team named the Kings

It works for Denver

I can understand that. I just think it's the best they've ever looked. Plus I love the idea of purple and powder blue as a color scheme.

1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

I can understand that. I just think it's the best they've ever looked. Plus I love the idea of purple and powder blue as a color scheme.

We shall see. I think you might get your way, how it's looking. But I just hope they do it right, this is actually a nicer set of logos. Keeping it simple, but the execution is what makes it work. Wordmarks are cool too.

lol, are you seriously explaining to me that your gold isn't the same as the Lakers' yellow? What sort of idiot do you take me for? It's still too close.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived