New Sacramento Kings Logo Unveiled

LAWeaver

3 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

I like Purple/Light Blue best for Utah, and it would've been a good progression from the 1997-2004 set, but Purple/Copper/Black could've worked, too. Some combo of Forest Green/Light Blue/Purple could even work today in their current set. </tangent>

It's nice, but that ball needs work. It looks like they just slapped it on there. Maybe even remove most (if not all) of the ball lines.

I was gonna say the same thing about the ball lines until I noticed there may be an "S" hidden in there? Not sure if it was on purpose or not

lion.jpg

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Kings script should be in the darker color, so that the team name stands out over secondary elements.

Kenny Smith here says a white script stood out just fine against a powder-blue jersey. Although perhaps red numbers would've been appropriate.

kings1989_display_image.jpg

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Kenny Smith here says a white script stood out just fine against a powder-blue jersey. Although perhaps red numbers would've been appropriate.

Now imagine this with "Kings" in purple with white trim, the numbers white, and purple-white-red-white-purple striping along the sleeves and collar. This could be their primary home jersey. The primary road would be purple with "Kings" in white with red trim, powder-blue numbers with white trim, and blue-white-red-white-blue striping along the sleeves and collar. They could also have a white alternate for special home games.

9 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Now imagine ... purple with white trim, the numbers white, and purple-white-red-white-purple striping along the sleeves and collar ... white with red trim, powder-blue numbers with white trim, and blue-white-red-white-blue striping

h3h7e5kqhkltqrslspp6.gif

6uXNWAo.png

2 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Personally, I think a purple, light blue, and dark gray scheme would look pretty slick.

Meh. Purple and black/dark gray are too similar unless you're the Northwestern Wildcats, in which case for some reason they look great together.

18 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I was referring to the new logo. Not the jerseys.

Not really a fan of the retro angle for the primary. They should've used the lion logo as their primary. Or at least made the crown look like an actual crown.

As for color scheme, I'd be okay with anything that isn't red white and powder blue. We have too many of those already, and powder blue isn't really different enough to make it alright imo.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

1 minute ago, The Wolf Within said:

Not really a fan of the retro angle for the primary. They should've used the lion logo as their primary. Or at least made the crown look like an actual crown.

As for color scheme, I'd be okay with anything that isn't red white and powder blue. We have too many of those already, and powder blue isn't really different enough to make it alright imo.

So you think the Bills and Oilers looked the same in the '90s? I can sort of see your point but I think the shade they used in the '80s made it stand out from the crowd...if only they'd just used powder blue and not complicated it with all that royal.

Archived