NHL by Adidas 2.0 - VAN, WSH, WPG (30/30!)

timberwolf

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three more! Only 12 more to go after these three!

MINNESOTA

The Wild's road uniform is perfect, IMO. The green and white combination are pretty good, and the red accents really complete the set. I debated on added gold or not, but I kept it out.

image.png

NASHVILLE

This is probably one of my favourite sets. Nashvilles current uniforms are terrible, but they're not amazing. The piping needs to go and they need a more distinctive design. The striping pattern follows the fiveline style from music trebles. The little star design beside the collars are from the All Star logo. The numbers are the NFLs Broncos and I thought they fit the brand well. The music note alternate takes the shoulders.

image.png

NEW JERSEY

Green needs to come back. No question. I also think their current striping pattern is too boring. I think their inagural uniforms were pretty good. The white one is my favourite, but the red and green blended too much.

image.png

Wow great minds think alike, my Nashville concept that I was going to post today In my series is quite similar! Haha very sharp set you have there, I really like the design you put near the collar. Only change I would make is to swap the road's number color to blue with a yellow outline. The Devils look great, so does Minnesota. 

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Nashville is a good set, but I feel like this is the first concept that I want to see less yellow on the home. Maybe do the ends of the sleeves and hem in navy?

Also, I figure it wasn't intentional, but you have a stray gold stripe in your away sleeve.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Guest darkpiranha

On NJ, I think the stroke on the letters needs to be the same thickness as the circle. The different thicknesses right now gives it an odd look. 

On 5/22/2016 at 7:36 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

As a CBJ fan, I have no problem with the logo, and it seems like the team is starting to phase it in as a future primary logo. My only gripe with it here in this case is that the banner is red, I would recolor it back to navy. 

I mean I like their current one. But ya navy banner probably would look better...

I really like the Nashville concept. It's pretty much a direct lift of the 1967-68 Penguins, a design that I think needs to be used somewhere - it's too good and completely forgotten. It looks excellent in gold, and the gold cuffs and hemline are an excellent choice. REALLY nice look, and I'd be all for them using that.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

And we continue. I'm going to get to the updates after the last team is posted. I don't want people getting bored with seeing little tweaks and no new content.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

I didn't know what to do for the Isles. I kept the same arm and hem style but added a yoke. The only thing I don't like is the nameplate on the back.

image.png

NEW YORK RANGERS

The current Rangers set is almost perfect. I never liked how they don't have a yoke on the home uniform. I added one and also implemented the NEW YORK script. It's the best use of it.

image.png

OTTAWA SENATORS

There is a popular consensus that they should use their alternate design and make that their home and road. I agree, but I wanted to do something because everyone sees the same thing. I used the design of their inagural season in the 90s. I also used their side-profile logo as the primary and the Senator pattern on the hems and went Bruins style with the TV numbers.

image.png

C and C is appreciated! The feedback has been awesome so far. Pittsburgh, Philly, and San Jose will be up next.

Alright so I'm going to bump this to get some comments on these three teams. In the meantime, I'll post Philadelphia, because I'm not happy with my Pens concept.

PHILADELPHIA

So the Flyers have had some pretty untouchable uniforms. Not fully untouchable. I've never actually loved them. I feel like they could do more with the "Flyers" motif. Let me know what you think.

image.png

NYI- Just fix that nameplate and it's good! (Maybe make the yoke higher?)

NYR- Don't change a thing, you've got yourself a pretty nice Rangers concept!

OTT- Nice throwback, but something on the away isn't working. Try inverting colours from the home.

PHI- Love the arm design! What would it look like to have that repeated on the hem, but with an orange on the away and white on the home ducktail?

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Alright there are many updates coming, including the Kings, Jackets, Preds, and a couple others. In the meantime, I'll go ahead and post St. Louis and San Jose. Pittsburgh will come with Tampa and the Leafs.

ST LOUIS

I love the Blues identity. Their recent uniform upgrade was near perfect. The things that always annoyed me was inconsistency between yoke and arm striping. I also didn't like the spaces between the stripes. I took those out. 

image.png

SAN JOSE

The one thing I wanted to change about the Sharks was the orange problem. I think they need to use it more or not at all. I also loved their Heritage uniforms but I thought they were a bit boring. Still much better than their current set, though. Orange is in, grey is gone.

image.png

C and C appreciated!

Really loving these ideas, my only complaint on your newer ones is STL. The jerseys are great it's just that the crest on the away would *imo* look better if it were the darker blue. Great work nonetheless. 

UPDATE TIME!

MONTREAL

- flipped blue and white on home uniform

image.png

LOS ANGELES

- edited stripe width and changed purple to shade they used before

image.png

NASHVILLE

- fixed stray stripe

- as per request, I added more navy on the home uniform

image.png

COLORADO

- replaced navy blue with steel blue

image.png

NEW JERSEY

- added outline on road uniforms numbers

image.png

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

- fixed nameplate to a more Flyers-esque design

image.png

Team lineup....

Penguins

Maple Leafs

Lightning

Canucks

Capitals

Jets

5 hours ago, timberwolf said:

UPDATE TIME!

MONTREAL

- flipped blue and white on home uniform

image.png

LOS ANGELES

- edited stripe width and changed purple to shade they used before

image.png

NASHVILLE

- fixed stray stripe

- as per request, I added more navy on the home uniform

image.png

COLORADO

- replaced navy blue with steel blue

image.png

NEW JERSEY

- added outline on road uniforms numbers

image.png

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

- fixed nameplate to a more Flyers-esque design

image.png

Team lineup....

Penguins

Maple Leafs

Lightning

Canucks

Capitals

Jets

Muuuuuch better on all the adjustments. Although the Islanders nameplate is a lateral move, doesn't hurt it though, just seems more like a Flyers thing especially with the orange.

Archived