NHL by Adidas 2.0 - VAN, WSH, WPG (30/30!)

timberwolf

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Lose the silver on the Avs, and it would be perfect!! 

53 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Yeah I was wrestling with this. I included it because mountains-snow-ice-silver. Thought it was a good fit. I'll see what it looks like without, though.

Silver is Not the problem here! It's always been part of the Avs identity and the color scheme is better because of it. The thing that doesn't work is having black and navy. Either navy should replace black, or even better lose the navy and use the Avs' steel blue that they've used for the past couple of decades. If you get rid of the silver and use navy then their color scheme looks just like half a dozen other teams (with some black) and there is a loss of a unique identity.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Can anyone explain the puns? I don't watch hockey.

Landeskog > Land > Water > Waterskog. And the Hawks combine two players, Shaw and Crawford,  to make Shawford. Kipper (Flames) was their old goalie Miikka Kiprusoff. Roastnick (Arizona) is a reference to Jeremy Roenick roasting Patrick Roy over a press conference. Andychunk (Sabres) is Andreychuk, a former captain. That's how I said it as a kid. Aaaaand there's plenty more to come ;).

2 hours ago, Ti-Nick said:

I love this Blue Jackets concept! I also think there might be too many stripes, but if you remove one, you'll lose the Ohio flag design. Mmm... Maybe remove the contrast color tails?

Yeah I honestly think I'm going to completely redo the Jackets. I want something better.

Alright well I'm going to redo the Jackets sometime today.

DETROIT

I love the Red Wings current sets but they have so much history with unique striping patterns, I just had to use it. Sorry, no pun here, just using the man who started the Battle of Zettysburg.

image.png

DALLAS

The Stars current uniforms are 99% there. The only thing I really don't like is their numbers. No outline, no character. To fix that, I used this years All Star font to emulate the logo style and give a modern edge. I love how it looks.

image.png

I love the comments! Keep them coming!

Those numbers are strangely fitting for the Stars, nice job! It would have been nice to see the angled yokes on Dallas, you know, to add more color. As much as it pains me to say it, Detroit actually looks pretty good.

Also I have to agree with @Canucklehead800 and @Morgo about the silver on the Avalanche. Your  set isn't badly designed, it just too @#$%ing dark! It would be better to add the steel blue that the Avs have been using in order to lighten things up. They would look pretty darn good if they weren't so drab.

33 minutes ago, Snow_Monster said:

Those numbers are strangely fitting for the Stars, nice job! It would have been nice to see the angled yokes on Dallas, you know, to add more color. As much as it pains me to say it, Detroit actually looks pretty good.

Also I have to agree with @Canucklehead800 and @Morgo about the silver on the Avalanche. Your  set isn't badly designed, it just too @#$%ing dark! It would be better to add the steel blue that the Avs have been using in order to lighten things up. They would look pretty darn good if they weren't so drab.

I'll play with a lighter blue for sure. Thank you for the feedback!

Two more for today!

EDMONTON

The Oilers are a team where they have a set that's almost perfect. I just made a couple changes which I thought were necessary.

image.png

FLORIDA

We can all expect at what the Panthers new set will be. I just followed a general design but made some changes which I thought the Panthers should've made.

image.png

Leave C and C! LA and Montreal will be up tomorrow!

On 5/23/2016 at 10:20 PM, Canucklehead800 said:

Silver is Not the problem here! It's always been part of the Avs identity and the color scheme is better because of it. The thing that doesn't work is having black and navy. Either navy should replace black, or even better lose the navy and use the Avs' steel blue that they've used for the past couple of decades. If you get rid of the silver and use navy then their color scheme looks just like half a dozen other teams (with some black) and there is a loss of a unique identity.

On 5/23/2016 at 10:22 PM, Morgo said:

Yep, the Avalanche should never lose silver.

I agree that the Avs should still use silver, but in this concept, the silver looks forced, and losing it would clean up the striping pattern... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, ahowe6464 said:

Middle stripe should be much bigger

I would normally agree, but most of the other concepts I've seen for the new logo wind up feeling a little muted in the stripe. This one doesn't have that feel and keeps it clean and concise. I like keeping the red separate from the word crest.

It might be worth considering adding a thin navy stripe to the top and bottom to "bulk it up", if anything. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Alright so I'll get back to the little updates soon. In the meantime, I know you guys want to see new concepts....

LOS ANGELES

So I, like others, think that the Kings need to go back to Forum Blue/Gold. Yes, they DID have success with the black and silver, but for the sake of differentiating colour schemes, this is what I'll do. The striping isn't really from a specific era, it just fits the brand.

image.png

MONTREAL

A lot of you will remember this from my Champions League of Hockey thread, and it appears again. Red and white take a more prominent stage, with blue as an accent. Let me know.

image.png

Minnesota and Nashville will be up next! Nashville is one of my favourites....

The Canadiens look great, even if I can't picture the white jersey with a horizontal stripe.

As for LA, I hear you on bring back the Purple (can we just call it purple?) and Yellow, but not that shade; it's a little light and looks closer to magenta. Think more of an orchid shade.

32 minutes ago, ScreamingViking said:

The Canadiens look great, even if I can't picture the white jersey with a horizontal stripe.

As for LA, I hear you on bring back the Purple (can we just call it purple?) and Yellow, but not that shade; it's a little light and looks closer to magenta. Think more of an orchid shade.

13 minutes ago, Ti-Nick said:

I second @ScreamingViking's opinion about the shade of purple.

I hear ya. Now that I think of it, I see it too. I'll update it tonight.

Looks great, but about necessary changes for Edmotnon, I personally really don't think the Oilers "need" square yokes. Darker blue is a toss-up, but I don't mind, although I think they have it perfect as it is. (That wouldn't be much of a concept now, would it?)

Edit: With the changes to Montreal, now Florida and the Habs are too similar in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

Looks great, but about necessary changes for Edmotnon, I personally really don't think the Oilers "need" square yokes. Darker blue is a toss-up, but I don't mind, although I think they have it perfect as it is. (That wouldn't be much of a concept now, would it?)

Edit: With the changes to Montreal, now Florida and the Habs are too similar in my opinion.

I agree with you on Edmontom, but I thought the change worked with the striping.

For the Panthers, I just followed the rumours of what they will change to next season. I already think that next year they will look similar, so I tried to change some things, like the stripe width and colour arrangements. Thank you for the feedback!

Archived