Recommended Posts

Come to think of it, I'd like to see your take on the Astros, another team that could really use an update. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Milwaukee set, I am not really a fan of the hat that you put with the powder blue jersey. I would like to see the hat have a powder blue base with the yellow brim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

On the Milwaukee set, I am not really a fan of the hat that you put with the powder blue jersey. I would like to see the hat have a powder blue base with the yellow brim.

 

An alternative could be to make just the front panel powder blue and keep the rest royal blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll be reviewing all my past teams very soon, so I'll take that in mind with the Brewers Alt.  I'm in the midst of the LA of Anaheim Angles and 2 MLB Expansion concepts, Charlotte and Vancouver.

 

Right now I'm taking a small break in order to tweak my PSD template that I've been using.  I'm making it so that I can generate a front, back, and side of the uniforms and trying to streamline that process.  As a result, I'm going to be going back through all my teams and touching them up with the new template, once I'm done with it.  So please be patient with me while I work on my workflow process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, davidrpaige said:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll be reviewing all my past teams very soon, so I'll take that in mind with the Brewers Alt.  I'm in the midst of the LA of Anaheim Angles and 2 MLB Expansion concepts, Charlotte and Vancouver.

 

Right now I'm taking a small break in order to tweak my PSD template that I've been using.  I'm making it so that I can generate a front, back, and side of the uniforms and trying to streamline that process.  As a result, I'm going to be going back through all my teams and touching them up with the new template, once I'm done with it.  So please be patient with me while I work on my workflow process.

 

Looking forward to all the new teams! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can show you a sample of what I'm in the middle of working on.  Right now I'd say I'm 60% with this template.  I'm gong to have a close up of the Arm Patch and Leg Pipping in-between the front and back images.  I'll probably move the enlarged hat in-between the two views as well.  On one of the sides will be more information, particularly a color swatch section.

 

Right now I'm using the Diamondbacks as my test subject.  I've done some automation so when I change the crown color, it changes for all images on the template.  That way I only have to go to one location to do a systematic change to the look of the uniform I'm in.  Hopefully I will get it done soon.

 

Diamondbacks%20Home_zpsqh0pixys.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd bring back the placket & sleeve piping and straighten the wordmark for that D-Backs concept. I felt you pretty much nailed that design on your first try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I'd bring back the placket & sleeve piping and straighten the wordmark for that D-Backs concept. I felt you pretty much nailed that design on your first try.

I don't have the piping finished on the template yet. Remember, I'm like 60% finished. Aw, thought a 15 deg arc gave it some visual interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, davidrpaige said:

I don't have the piping finished on the template yet. Remember, I'm like 60% finished. Aw, thought a 15 deg arc gave it some visual interest. 

 

Hmm...Maybe I'll like the arched wordmark better once all the piping is in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, having technical and aesthetic issues with my new template, so I wanted to post a few more things while I get that ironed out.

 

I decided to take a whack at the Angels.  For the most part, I like their look.  Very solid and traditional look.  The red is a polar (at least in baseball terms) to the dodger blue to their northern neighbors.  While I like them, there are a few things that I dislike:

  • The whole Los Angeles of Anaheim thing has got to stop.  Either be Los Angeles or be Anaheim.  Since you play in Anaheim, I'm using Anaheim.
  • While I like the red and I understand the red vs blue for the LA teams, enough red in MLB to choke a horse.  Let's go in a different direction.

 

I got inspired by my Indianapolis Stars concept and decided that the Angels could benefit from an all white look.  So I made their main colors White, Gold, Silver, Black.  I had originally went with the dark blue that the Angels currently use, instead of Black, but I wanted to not have both LA teams using blue.  Besides, the Gold and Black is such a strong look that is not really being used in MLB.  Go bold or go home, as they say.

 

Angels%20home%20black_zpsmbg3ruh2.png

Angels%20away%20black_zps3ricadnz.png

Angels%20home%20alt%20black_zpspfrmsilp.

Angels%20away%20alt%20black_zpsqgbnsrux.

 

The uniform pushes the use of white and gold, I consider very angelic colors, for the home use.  Road uniforms push more of the black and gold.  There is a little of silver here and there, mostly the halo on the logo.  On the socks there is a single silver "halo".

 

Anyways, a big break from the Angels of now and of the past.  What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a really interesting look for the Angels. The all-white home alternate in particular is beautiful. 

 

I can actually see this color scheming working for the Rangers, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised by how much I like the Angels home uniform. Some of these are looking great.  Keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angels are fantastic. Love the color scheme. However, I would've loved to have seen a gold alternate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Angels are fantastic. Love the color scheme. However, I would've loved to have seen a gold alternate.

I had tried a gold jersey alternate, but it was way too overpowering.  I had tried this also with a copper jersey for my version of the Diamondbacks.  The color throws the rest of the uniform way out of balance, especially dealing with piping.  You look at it and go "Whoa, that is a lot of gold/copper."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, davidrpaige said:

I had tried a gold jersey alternate, but it was way too overpowering.  I had tried this also with a copper jersey for my version of the Diamondbacks.  The color throws the rest of the uniform way out of balance, especially dealing with piping.  You look at it and go "Whoa, that is a lot of gold/copper."

Ok, if I was to do a gold jersey alternate, I suppose this is how I would do it.  Personally, I think it is too much and would be a bit painful to watch on TV or live at a game.

 

Angels%20gold%20alt_zpskstissqs.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that doesn't work nearly as well as the all-white or black alternate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.